G.I. Joe Classified Wave 3 And 4 Line-Up Revealed?!?

JayC

A site named Actionfiguresindustries.com has put up for pre-order new 6" GIJoe Classified figures, and while we've never heard of this site before we have seen similar listings from other sources that make us think these are fairly legit.

They list movie versions of Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow along with Zartan, Cobra Trooper and Lady Jaye. All but Lady Jaye are figures we had previously heard rumblings about. We should also note that we don't think all these figures are slated for the same wave.

I also wouldn't be surprised if these change as the Snake-Eyes movie looks like has been delayed until October 2021, so seeing a movie Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow released in early 2021 seems unlikely to me.

We also have no idea how the Cobra Trooper will differ from the Target exclusive one. We assume there will at least be some minor changes.

While I think most if not all these figures will see the light of day, until Hasbro officially confirms them and exactly how they will be released, I would definitely recommend you treat these as rumor for now.
  • Thanks 1

The listings I've heard going out and fairly recently (though I agree I find it hard to believe movie figures wont be delayed since the movie was delayed until next Oct) include

Wave 3 - Movie Snake-Eyes, Movie Storm Shadow (I assume these are for the new movie and not one of the old ones), and a new female character presumably from the movie.

Wave 4 - Zartan, Cobra Trooper and re-issues of Scarlett and Roadblock from wave 1. Again for the Trooper I don't know how or if it will differ from the Target one.

I don't know where the site that put this info out publicly got Lady Jaye from, that is new to me. Maybe they decided to go on an put Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow out possibly because we will see them officially revealed before the wave is released next year in a trailer or something (Maybe at today's announced Hasbro Pulse Con at the end of Sept) in the near future and because those two are not to spoilery and switched out the unknown female character with Lady Jaye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I think its pretty safe to say that if Hasbeen can't/won't get this incompetent roll out of the current series resolved, it wont matter whats planned for the later lineup.

For the first time in years GI Joe is actually  selling well, probably much better than was anticipated.  I’d say it’s probably going to be around for a while.  Also, as badly as the Target exclusives were handled, it’s should prove to major retailer that the line is actually viable again.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jlavaia said:

why would they re-issue wave 1 roadblock? they need him peg warming again next year?

IDK, both Scarlett and Roadblock seem to be the biggest peg warmers of wave 1, so I was as baffled as you when I heard that.

• Thanks 1

Peg warmers?!? Man, I have yet to see G.I. classified in my stores. Was at Target yesterday and the lady said that there are people waiting outside every morning before they open to snatch them all up; sorry I have a job and can’t compete with that. I hope the rumors are true about cobra trooper, Lady Jaye and Zartan. I probably won’t be a fan of the movie figures.

• Thanks 1

I just want GI Joe Classified back on track. That whole 3 figure half wave and Target exclusive wave only really served to slow the series down after a furious start. I think the entire line should have been pushed back with the Snake Eyes movie and did somewhat of a relaunch once the hysteria died down.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 41055_1529445590 said:

I just want GI Joe Classified back on track. That whole 3 figure half wave and Target exclusive wave only really served to slow the series down after a furious start. I think the entire line should have been pushed back with the Snake Eyes movie and did somewhat of a relaunch once the hysteria died down.

Target exclusive wave? What's that look like? The only sign I've ever seen of ANY Joe Classifieds at Target was a notice hung on the pegs about the 14th. street date. Mind you, they never put out any Joes at this or ANY other Target in my area. Just the notice.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Target exclusive wave? What's that look like? The only sign I've ever seen of ANY Joe Classifieds at Target was a notice hung on the pegs about the 14th. street date. Mind you, they never put out any Joes at this or ANY other Target in my area. Just the notice.

This is very funny that you said that because the opposite of this happened to me with this Joe's but with the TMNT was my same experience as you as with the GI JOE Classified line... It looks like now you feel the same pain we been feeling by not getting turtles at our Target stores...

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I think its pretty safe to say that if Hasbeen can't/won't get this incompetent roll out of the current series resolved, it wont matter whats planned for the later lineup.

Yeah man, I almost can't even with this line, wave 3 and 4 , and I can barely get a wave 1, nobody can get a wave whatever Cobra Island is.., Hasbro get your act together or we are all going to back out from this collection

Edit*

I just saw that I got Cobra Commander and Red NInja shipping notice ! the drought minorly subsides!

now can I just get that Destro?

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:29 AM, jlavaia said:

why? on their end theyre extremely happy. its not hasbro's fault that the stores that sell their products are incompetent. this line is a hit, they were worried it wouldnt be. its gi joe in a brand new scale, everytime theyve tried to make joe figs that werent 3 3/4" or 12" it has failed miserably. target and walmart screwed up, not hasbro.

Hasbro is selling their product thru these different outlets as exclusives; they underproduce so that only a few actually ever get out and all it does is feed the scalpers. Their public advertising info and campaign dates don't match what the outlets say, they have a release date but the figures aren't even in the stores. You cant get them online, you cant get them in the franchise store they're supposedly exclusive to.  This is how they handled Red Hulk for Marvel. Baroness apparently couldn't be found because she was never released at the time she was supposed to be, and now some outlets are getting her, at just 3 a case. Thats insane. And lest we forget, we all still have to deal with covid- we should be avoiding crowds, not running into them by chasing all over town for a product that isn't even there. These aren't Target's toyline, they're Hasbro and hasbro has some responsibility here. If as you say they're happy on their end knowing the collectors here are unable to get the product, then they don't deserve our business.

There's another pandemic in this country. Its called I Got Mine & The Rest of You Can Eff Yourselves. Its a poor attitude, and ultimately a poor business model. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2020 at 2:28 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah man, I almost can't even with this line, wave 3 and 4 , and I can barely get a wave 1, nobody can get a wave whatever Cobra Island is.., Hasbro get your act together or we are all going to back out from this collection

Edit*

I just saw that I got Cobra Commander and Red NInja shipping notice ! the drought minorly subsides!

now can I just get that Destro?

I got a notice today from BBTS that my Pimp Daddy Destro has come in, now I am just waiting on wave 2 to arrive.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

I got a notice today from BBTS that my Pimp Daddy Destro has come in, now I am just waiting on wave 2 to arrive.

Oh whoa Pimp Daddy D, is already shipping? ha I'm still trying to get myself the original one

but hey looks like it's just that we all got to be patient and play the long game with these figures

I saw people already with the Arctic Storm Shadow... I think inless they handle this line like Power Rangers, by the beginning of next year we will have our Joes it will just take time to saturate, but hey we are greedy impatient collectors, and it doesn't help these reviewes and scalpers are showing off the things we don't have yet

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2020 at 11:56 PM, Gilgamesh79 said:

As long as I get Zartan I'll be happy.

Me too.  I hope he's going to be as awesome as I think he is!!!  I might have to pre-order him so I don't have to hunt him down, even though that takes some of the fun out of it. haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recent youtube reports that Hasbro may be discontinuing its GI JOE exclusive with Target. Its not totally confirmed yet, and we dont know exactly what that will mean if it is confirmed, but my hope is Hasbro will immediately distribute it to all outlets, BBTS, Amazon, local dept stores that usually carry these action figures, etc. If they were to do this not only would we all have a better shot to get the figures we want, its gonna be a big blow to the scalpers. All the figures they bought up, planning to re-sell at 2-3x the actual fair price,  they'd then just be stuck with. I'd love to see them get clobbered for a change.

Like I've been saying: this is Hasbro's product, their brand, and they need to step up to fix the problems here. Hopefully.....theyre listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv1ugiedEhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCHRDpWKSw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Recent youtube reports that Hasbro may be discontinuing its GI JOE exclusive with Target. Its not totally confirmed yet, and we dont know exactly what that will mean if it is confirmed, but my hope is Hasbro will immediately distribute it to all outlets, BBTS, Amazon, local dept stores that usually carry these action figures, etc. If they were to do this not only would we all have a better shot to get the figures we want, its gonna be a big blow to the scalpers. All the figures they bought up, planning to re-sell at 2-3x the actual fair price,  they'd then just be stuck with. I'd love to see them get clobbered for a change.

Like I've been saying: this is Hasbro's product, their brand, and they need to step up to fix the problems here. Hopefully.....theyre listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv1ugiedEhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCHRDpWKSw

Havent you posted this multiple times? This doesnt mean anything which I thought I explained in one of the other threads you posted this in. No Hasbro isn't discontinuing doing Target exclusives. Yes the 1 Target wave is likely done. It was a limited wave and they have shipped whatever amount Target ordered for them out. So whatever is still in the distribution pipeline for these is it. Will the figures from that wave be reissued in some way at some point? Probably. We already know another Cobra Trooper is coming in wave 3 or 4. Back when the wave first came out the Target employees told me the wave was a one and done, so frankly that they are still showing up at all in stores is amazing to me, but this doesnt mean the took the wave away from Target and will start offering it everywhere.

• Thanks 1