McFarlane Toys Mortal Kombat 11 Shao Kahn Figure Revealed?!?

JayC

Todd McFarlane today released one of his Spawn Kickstarter figure update video where he showed off the cape and weapons for the figure. At one point during the video the camera pans over Todd's desk revealing what looks to be an upcoming and an as-of-yet unannounced 7" Mortal Kombat 11 Shao Kahn figure. We took a screen cap from the video which you can check out below. Thanks to Jerald's eagle eye for scoping that out and giving us a heads up about it.

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Kahn.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Kahn-01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, jlavaia said:

while its cool we're getting yet another shao kahn, i want new characters. every company that gets the license all make the same characters. im dying for cassie and erron black to get made and sadly neither ever will it seems.

Why are you saying yet another? If you are referring to storms kahn, that was a much higher cost figure as well as much harder to obtain now. Hes a major boss character thats immensely popular. Its very possible that this line will get cassie/erron tho. Erron I feel would make a much better looking figure than cassie tho. 

For me, this is probably the first mk11 figure i buy. Im still on the fence on kitana and baraka since they arent coming with the extra heads that were shown at toyfair. I also want to wait to see how they turn out in peoples hands. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Why are you saying yet another? If you are referring to storms kahn, that was a much higher cost figure as well as much harder to obtain now. Hes a major boss character thats immensely popular. Its very possible that this line will get cassie/erron tho. Erron I feel would make a much better looking figure than cassie tho. 

For me, this is probably the first mk11 figure i buy. Im still on the fence on kitana and baraka since they arent coming with the extra heads that were shown at toyfair. I also want to wait to see how they turn out in peoples hands. 

this will be the 4th shao kahn figure released. its cool, i like the character, i like his design in this game, but just about every company that gets the mk license makes him. and as you said, you dont buy this line. alot of people dont cause theyre just rehashing characters. the best selling and most popular figure in the line is a guest character. 

and storms shao kahn was not hard to obtain. more expensive, but everywhere was selling it and it didnt sell as well as other storm releases either. youre definitely overstating the popularity of the character

• Thanks 1

waaiiiiit a second. So you are counting the awful jazwares mk9 shao kahn, the storm mk2 kahn, and this new mk11 version? What is the fourth? Cassie nor Erron were even around until after storms kahn came out so they wouldve had no chance yet to be made. Mk ninjas were always the most popular in the series, so it makes sense for them. Kahn and the sub bosses were a very close second in demand. 

I dont buy this line (so far) due to a few factors. I have yet to really enjoy any designs from MK11 in figure form. I do however enjoy Kahns look and if the figure comes out well, will be my first. And to say the best figure in the line is a guest character is multi faceted as to why hes so popular. One, spawn has never had a fully articulated version in a figure. Hes a hot item because there hasnt been any new spawn figures in forever and there is a new resurgence of spawn popularity due to the movie and other McFarlane and spawn content coming out recently. Spawn is also the most fan demanded character to be added to a netherrealm game in its history of the series. 

Im not saying storms kahn was hard to find, but IS now. The market for him has risen and he is very requested when all the regular retailers are sold out of him. Alot of people didnt know of storms mk line until way late, which for an import company, is rough for the collector since they are a one and done, no re-releases and have to succumb to the aftermarket prices to obtain them. They were already expensive enough but to add scalper prices makes it alot harder for most to obtain today. I follow alot of storm groups and there is alot of people that are wanting him (late to the party). His worth is up there with the original storm ninjas. Ive seen him go for $300 which is crazy since he was already $95 out the gate. 

I am very intrigued at who you would like to be made (aside from cassie and erron of course). 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

waaiiiiit a second. So you are counting the awful jazwares mk9 shao kahn, the storm mk2 kahn, and this new mk11 version? What is the fourth? Cassie nor Erron were even around until after storms kahn came out so they wouldve had no chance yet to be made. Mk ninjas were always the most popular in the series, so it makes sense for them. Kahn and the sub bosses were a very close second in demand. 

I dont buy this line (so far) due to a few factors. I have yet to really enjoy any designs from MK11 in figure form. I do however enjoy Kahns look and if the figure comes out well, will be my first. And to say the best figure in the line is a guest character is multi faceted as to why hes so popular. One, spawn has never had a fully articulated version in a figure. Hes a hot item because there hasnt been any new spawn figures in forever and there is a new resurgence of spawn popularity due to the movie and other McFarlane and spawn content coming out recently. Spawn is also the most fan demanded character to be added to a netherrealm game in its history of the series. 

Im not saying storms kahn was hard to find, but IS now. The market for him has risen and he is very requested when all the regular retailers are sold out of him. Alot of people didnt know of storms mk line until way late, which for an import company, is rough for the collector since they are a one and done, no re-releases and have to succumb to the aftermarket prices to obtain them. They were already expensive enough but to add scalper prices makes it alot harder for most to obtain today. I follow alot of storm groups and there is alot of people that are wanting him (late to the party). His worth is up there with the original storm ninjas. Ive seen him go for $300 which is crazy since he was already $95 out the gate. 

I am very intrigued at who you would like to be made (aside from cassie and erron of course). 

the 4th would be from toy island in the mk trilogy line. and all jazwares mk figures were terrible, but they did get made. i didnt say that all shao figs were good, just that he keeps getting made. both cassie and erron were in mkx, well before storm was even making any figs, so they couldve been made by mezco when they had the license.

and popularity is not what drives storm or mcfarlane in their choices. storm makes the ninjas cause its an easy repaint and they just have to tool new accesories. the 5 most played characters in mk11 are scorpion, joker, noob, sub, and kabal. only 2 of those characters have been made by mcfarlane so character choice has nothing to due with popularity.

id love to get cassie, but mainly cause shes my main in this game. erron is just a cool character and just makes sense, cool look, cool accesories. id also love for them to make shang tsung, you'd think that'd be a no brainer to get made. d'vorah and skarlet too but they have no chance unfortunately. a new kung lao would be nice too but something tells me storm will cover that. and logic tells us that joker will get made but they might put it in multiverse instead.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jlavaia said:

the 4th would be from toy island in the mk trilogy line. and all jazwares mk figures were terrible, but they did get made. i didnt say that all shao figs were good, just that he keeps getting made. both cassie and erron were in mkx, well before storm was even making any figs, so they couldve been made by mezco when they had the license.

and popularity is not what drives storm or mcfarlane in their choices. storm makes the ninjas cause its an easy repaint and they just have to tool new accesories. the 5 most played characters in mk11 are scorpion, joker, noob, sub, and kabal. only 2 of those characters have been made by mcfarlane so character choice has nothing to due with popularity.

id love to get cassie, but mainly cause shes my main in this game. erron is just a cool character and just makes sense, cool look, cool accesories. id also love for them to make shang tsung, you'd think that'd be a no brainer to get made. d'vorah and skarlet too but they have no chance unfortunately. a new kung lao would be nice too but something tells me storm will cover that. and logic tells us that joker will get made but they might put it in multiverse instead.

I knew of Toy Islands mk toys but never saw nor knew of the shao kahn they made. Some of Jazwares MK stuff wasnt fully awful and they did cover a lot of ground with the mk deception and mk9 stuff. They just had alot of what i wanted in 5 inch and the figures in general were nothing special. Only reason i wanted them was there werent really many good obtainable mk figs. I never saw Toy Island stuff, only pics online. Most of the mk lines die out within 2-3 waves. I know cassie and erron were in mkx, and they had a chance in the mezco line, but i think that line sold like sh!t to warrant more waves. 

Well mcfarlane does love doing whatever the hell he wants with no care or mind to his actions. But with storm there are so many characters and they have so many damn licenses they cover. Ninjas make sense, since they are popular and easy to reproduce with little effort. Ive been a die hard fan of mk since the first one came out and have followed the series throughout the years and in every facet ive seen over the years always has the ninjas(both male and female) at the top of popularity. Also most played doesnt mean most popular. They dont go by tournament play or FGC rankings. Mileena for instance is one of the most fan demanded characters which is surprising no ones done a fig of her since jazwares. But they are stupid, theres a reason scorpion and sub zero ALWAYS get figures in every line and its not because of playtime. Altho I would love an mk11 noob fig, thats one of the best designs in mk11. 

Im honestly surprised Erron didnt get made in the mezco line. He was one of my favorite new character designs in mkx. I would love a classic shang, im waiting for storm to do that. Any iteration honestly would be awesome. I would also take a Dvorah and Skarlet as dvorah would look amazing in a figure form and skarlet would just be a nice fig, if she had good blood accessories. Why do you say they have no chance? Mcfarlane loves creature characters, dvorah of all characters would be super promising for him to make. I would be very surprised if MK11 Joker gets made but stranger things have happened. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Also most played doesnt mean most popular. They dont go by tournament play or FGC rankings. Mileena for instance is one of the most fan demanded characters which is surprising no ones done a fig of her since jazwares. But they are stupid, theres a reason scorpion and sub zero ALWAYS get figures in every line and its not because of playtime. Altho I would love an mk11 noob fig, thats one of the best designs in mk11. 

Im honestly surprised Erron didnt get made in the mezco line. He was one of my favorite new character designs in mkx. I would love a classic shang, im waiting for storm to do that. Any iteration honestly would be awesome. I would also take a Dvorah and Skarlet as dvorah would look amazing in a figure form and skarlet would just be a nice fig, if she had good blood accessories. Why do you say they have no chance? Mcfarlane loves creature characters, dvorah of all characters would be super promising for him to make. I would be very surprised if MK11 Joker gets made but stranger things have happened. 

thats exactly what it means. we're not talking about tournaments. lui kang and johnny probaly top that list. the most played characters in the game are the most popular. nobody outside of a tournament is picking a character they dont like. its like tv ratings, a shows popularity is gauged by views. and yes mileena is a liked character, popular in previous games but shes not in mk11. mcfarlane only has the mk11 license.

dvorah wont get made cause shes not cost effective. too much extra tooling. id love it if mcfarlane proves me wrong but its very unlikely. and joker is definitely getting made. mcfarlane has both mk11 and dc licenses and hes a huge joker fan. if its not in mk11 packaging he'll put it in multiverse. look how many joker figs hes made already, more than any other character. no way we dont get a fig of mk11 joker.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jlavaia said:

thats exactly what it means. we're not talking about tournaments. lui kang and johnny probaly top that list. the most played characters in the game are the most popular. nobody outside of a tournament is picking a character they dont like. its like tv ratings, a shows popularity is gauged by views. and yes mileena is a liked character, popular in previous games but shes not in mk11. mcfarlane only has the mk11 license.

dvorah wont get made cause shes not cost effective. too much extra tooling. id love it if mcfarlane proves me wrong but its very unlikely. and joker is definitely getting made. mcfarlane has both mk11 and dc licenses and hes a huge joker fan. if its not in mk11 packaging he'll put it in multiverse. look how many joker figs hes made already, more than any other character. no way we dont get a fig of mk11 joker.

Not everyone plays their most favorite characters in tournaments, especially not NRS games, who are notorious for having unbalanced broken characters. Alot of people pick whoever is the most viable despite not being their preferred character to use. You also have to realize that this and most fighting games thrive on the casual market, whoever looks cool or is familiar. Fighting games in general are already a very niche genre, to go by tournaments as a gauge of popularity is a small number to go by. And my point with mileena wasnt about mcfarlane but about her being made into a figure in general. Ive only seen her made one time and that was forever ago and in her mk2 outfit. Also mcfarlane has stated before that hes not limited to only mk11. It could be Todd just spitting praise and hype for whats not there but he said if fan demand is there, hed make them. 

I very much hope you are wrong about dvorah. Shed benefit the most from his mk11 line. I forgot he has the dc universe line which would make much more sense to utilize especially when hes already producing a fuq ton of batman figures just this year alone. 

And yeah I googled it when you first mentioned it to see what you were talking about. Those early mk lines got very little attention so they went very under the radar when they released. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Not everyone plays their most favorite characters in tournaments, especially not NRS games, who are notorious for having unbalanced broken characters. Alot of people pick whoever is the most viable despite not being their preferred character to use. You also have to realize that this and most fighting games thrive on the casual market, whoever looks cool or is familiar. Fighting games in general are already a very niche genre, to go by tournaments as a gauge of popularity is a small number to go by. And my point with mileena wasnt about mcfarlane but about her being made into a figure in general. Ive only seen her made one time and that was forever ago and in her mk2 outfit. Also mcfarlane has stated before that hes not limited to only mk11. It could be Todd just spitting praise and hype for whats not there but he said if fan demand is there, hed make them. 

I very much hope you are wrong about dvorah. Shed benefit the most from his mk11 line. I forgot he has the dc universe line which would make much more sense to utilize especially when hes already producing a fuq ton of batman figures just this year alone. 

And yeah I googled it when you first mentioned it to see what you were talking about. Those early mk lines got very little attention so they went very under the radar when they released. 

you clearly didnt read what i typed. i said we're NOT talking about tournaments. if we were it'd be joker, lui kang, and johnny we'd be talking about plus probaly jacqui if we're going pre-aftermath. of those 4 only joker is in the top 5 of most played/popular. i said every one plays their favorite character EXCEPT in tournaments. the most played list is from nrs and is gotten from online play only. nothing to do with tournaments.

and no fighting games "thrive on the casual market". no fighting game thrives at all these days. the best selling fighting game of this year was granblue fantasy vs and it doesnt even crack top 50 games sold. 

• Thanks 1