Netflix Confirms New Live-Action Series 'Resident Evil'

Outsiders

2 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Sigh....YES Clancy Brown was great.

You are missing the inherent problem

There is a consistent and habitual behavioral pattern of denying Black folks props/power/position when it comes to roles.

Yt people are butthurt when they perceive things are "taken away" from them and cry mayo tears of oppression.  And for everyone reading...it's MY OPINION and as it's been defined...move along if you don't like it.

Bruce Timm doing what he did was fucka mucking awesome.

But online opinion is "mixed."  Why?

Because Black people can't be as diabolical as Lex (I know that's not what you are saying....)?

Lance Reddick can't pull off Wesker because he's Black (when he was yt in the films)?  See how it goes? 

You stepped into it with your comment.

In the Timmverse...Lex is Black.  End of story.  

And just to follow up. If you want to think of him black then more power to you. Again they never specifically said in the show. Even if they came out today and said you know what we sneaked that in. He actually is a black guy, my reaction would be ok. It still doesnt really change anything about the cartoon one way or the other. It was something I enjoyed then and still to this day.

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

Its not really a gray area, its a common sense area. If you don't know how to be respectful and courteous to others as you would if you  were in a public setting then I dont know what to tell you.

Dude they not being "respectful and courteous" with that incel talk.  Again...if you want courtesy and respect....then it starts and stops with curtailing the bigoted nonsense.  If it can be voiced...know people are going to use their voices to respond in the same manner.

When you go out of your way to say someone or their opinion is stupid, that is an attacking post.

When someone goes out of their way to say the only reason a Black person was cast is because of cancel culture/pandering, says that a show is "ruined" because of the casting of Black people, waxes poetic about what would happen if Preston McCracker was cast as T'challa, or other bs...that is attacking.  It attacks the principle that Black people have just as much right and ability to exist in the fandom. Responding back to this is not attacking, it's defending our right to be here.  BTW anyone who voices a incel opinion IS stupid...either willfully or accidentally because it's 2021.  With access to the internet and search engines, there is no excuse to have such a backwards belief system that Tyrone just walked into the casting call and when he was asked for his credentials; he just says "I'm Black" and the studio says "ok we found our Wesker/Hawkman/Superman."  Now if someone wants to have it...can't control that...but you are asking for a world of hurt/mocking if you are stupid enough to roll up to the keyboard and type the bs for people to see.  Anyone who does that deserves whatever they get...unless you JayC...make it stop.  Again, if they can voice their opinions...then be consistent and tell them they gotta deal with whatever they get back.  If they brave enough to say it, they should be brave enough to deal with the consequences.

An opinion is "I dont like such and such actor". Or "i do like such and such actor" and here is why.

That's not what they are saying.  Maybe you should go back and read all the closed threads.  They are making it very clear that their dislike is rooted in ethnicity of the actors.  Man stop defending them...you aren't helping the situation.  Dude we telling you.  There are closed threads that back up what we are saying.  Dude that Regina King thread was a hot dumper fire of mayo bigotry,  for the entire world to see...members flew they bigotry flag HIGH. Them the kinds of opinions you cool with?   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

That's not what they are saying.  Maybe you should go back and read all the closed threads.  They are making it very clear that their dislike is rooted in ethnicity of the actors.

Show me a specific post where someone said they didnt like the choice simply because they were black, as opposed to not liking it because they are taking a white established character and making them black?

19 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

And just to go back to your Superman Animated Series reference for a moment about Lex Luthor. As far as him being black or white. Lex was a white character so why is it empowering if they made him black?  Speaking from the perspective of a white guy, I would see that more as pandering than empowering. It wouldnt make me angry, but again I really wouldn't see it as empowering.

I will tell you what I did find empowering and meaningful as a kid. That they choose to use the John Stewart Green Lantern who was an already pre-established black character but lesser known by most and used him in the show over the more traditional well known white Hal Jordan.  That decision helped the John Stewart GL become much more known to more people and established him as a major player in the DC Universe.

Just like again speaking as a white guy I find it more empowering when they take a long time black character like Black Panther and prop him up as a major player in the MCU more so than when they take a per-established one and change their skin color. Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Its not really a gray area, its a common sense area. If you don't know how to be respectful and courteous to others as you would if you  were in a public setting then I dont know what to tell you.

When you go out of your way to say someone or their opinion is stupid, that is an attacking post.

no one in this thread said any individual or any individuals opinion was "stupid". the only time stupid was written was in the description of the timing of a post. and you or anyone else have yet to show it was a smart decision. whats the opposite of smart? exactly.

and you say its common sense and yet theres no issue with tycondrius24 attacking the director and casting manager on this project. crying about a character he thinks is white (character is originally japanese in the original media prior to being brought over to america) being cast by a black actor. in 2021, thats not a respectful thing to say in a public setting. its wrong and its offensive. so yeah its a gray area if you think what he posted is okay and what everyone posted in response is not.

these people continue to make strictly negative posts, knowing it'll get a negative reaaction. they do this on purpose. and on your website. they disrespect you everytime you let them make those types of comments. i was extremely insulted reading those posts. i felt attacked. you said attacking posts arent allowed. yet its there. hes still a member, still has his 11 accounts, still not addressed by you, and youre still telling me to behave.

so only my posts are in the wrong because i question people? apparently its an attack to ask someone to defend an offensive comment? well if theyre not allowed to make the comment, i dont have to ask them to defend it, and nobody has any issue anymore. problem solved.

51 minutes ago, JayC said:

Show me a specific post where someone said they didnt like the choice simply because they were black, as opposed to not liking it because they are taking a white established character and making them black?

Go back to the Hawkman thread.

And the Sandman thread

And the Regina King thread

and this one.

Dude...as a yt guy I get picking up on this stuff might not be your strong suit...but again TWO Black dudes is telling you.  More have responded on here calling it out.  Specific quotes were shared.  Man don't do this ish....

1 hour ago, JayC said:

you or outsiders have conveniently deleted the most blatant of those. the early posts in that regina king thread were pretty disgusting. 

tycondrius24 saying the biohazard franchise is ruined because a black actor has been cast is really bad too though. i can repost it a 3rd time if you still cant acknowledge it. 

i mean walk around your local target or walmart and tell random strangers that the casting of a black actor ruined a franchise for you and gauge their reaction. then come back here and try to defend his post some more. time to open your eyes, the ignorance is bliss mentality you have has to stop. too many posts for too many years have gone unchecked. it used to just be one hillbilly here and there and you let them get away with it, so they got bolder and others saw that it was allowed and now they think its okay to do this so its everywhere. its not okay. 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

And just to go back to your Superman Animated Series reference for a moment about Lex Luthor. As far as him being black or white. Lex was a white character so why is it empowering if they made him black?  Speaking from the perspective of a white guy, I would see that more as pandering than empowering. It wouldnt make me angry, but again I really wouldn't see it as empowering.

He's a flipping comic book character.  He's not real.  He can be depicted however.  And it was flipping cool to see him as a Black dude.  What the hell is "pandering?" Dude that's a made up word (in this context) the states Black people can only get/be stuff due to a handout or whatever. Man forget all of that.

I'ma just say...collectively...yt people have a historical and habitual penchant for picking/supporting/defending the wrong stuff.  Y'all about the last people to define what is "pandering" vs "empowering."  Remember, this is MY OPINION....so it's all good (but it's actually factual and if anyone wants to die on the hill trying to prove me wrong  bring a lunch and we can get at it).

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Just like again speaking as a white guy I find it more empowering when they take a long time black character like Black Panther and prop him up as a major player in the MCU more so than when they take a per-established one and change their skin color. Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

Y'all keep moving the goalposts...if it's not "uSe a EstAblIsHeD ChaRaCter" it's "tHey NeEd tO cReaTe nEw OneS."  Dude go somewhere.  I been in this fandom to long for you to come at me with that.

Dude if green people, robots, aliens, mutants, whatever can exist in the medium...than a frickin Black person can portray the character.  Starfire...she's frickin orange.  According to people here...a Black person should not play her.  But they would have been all over it if a yt chick spray painted orange played her.

Sandman got all kinds of heat.  

But factually if we are all about being faithful to the original source.  We should of been on the hunt for a orange chick. And the Endless should be portrayed by albinos.  

Dude Hawkman should have been Black from JUMP...He's frickin Egyptian..and they don't like you.  You got beef with that?

You got beef with all the white washing in the Mummy films, Gods of Egypt, every Bible movie, Apocalypse in X-men?

Well I guess now I see why you quite with them but will censor other people.

You agree with them people...okay then.  Good to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

im sorry, but how is that empowering for you? because they didnt race swap dr. strange you feel empowered? glad this came out, guess that answers the why you keep defending the bigots and coming at me and killmonger question.

and just a heads up for real life, if you have to add "if that somehow makes me racist, then im a racist" then you shouldnt be saying it at all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

He's a flipping comic book character.  He's not real.  He can be depicted however.  And it was flipping cool to see him as a Black dude.  What the hell is "pandering?" Dude that's a made up word (in this context) the states Black people can only get/be stuff due to a handout or whatever. Man forget all of that.

I'ma just say...collectively...yt people have a historical and habitual penchant for picking/supporting/defending the wrong stuff.  Y'all about the last people to define what is "pandering" vs "empowering."  Remember, this is MY OPINION....so it's all good (but it's actually factual and if anyone wants to die on the hill trying to prove me wrong  bring a lunch and we can get at it).

Y'all keep moving the goalposts...if it's not "uSe a EstAblIsHeD ChaRaCter" it's "tHey NeEd tO cReaTe nEw OneS."  Dude go somewhere.  I been in this fandom to long for you to come at me with that.

Dude if green people, robots, aliens, mutants, whatever can exist in the medium...than a frickin Black person can portray the character.  Starfire...she's frickin orange.  According to people here...a Black person should not play her.  But they would have been all over it if a yt chick spray painted orange played her.

Sandman got all kinds of heat.  

But factually if we are all about being faithful to the original source.  We should of been on the hunt for a orange chick. And the Endless should be portrayed by albinos.  

Dude Hawkman should have been Black from JUMP...He's frickin Egyptian..and they don't like you.  You got beef with that?

You got beef with all the white washing in the Mummy films, Gods of Egypt, every Bible movie, Apocalypse in X-men?

Well I guess now I see why you quite with them but will censor other people.

You agree with them people...okay then.  Good to know.

See here is the thing, your seemingly getting mad with me just because I won't see things exactly like you do.  I understand your point of view on the characters. I don't even totally disagree with your point of view. But I can also understand how someone else who became a fan of a specific character not liking it when its changed.

Again your making vast assumptions. You  seem to be typing mad. You seem to refuse to give any ground on your point of view and then any time I respond back your going to come back and try and show me how I am wrong.

Do you not see how thats not a very good or productive way to try and have a discussion about something. Do you not understand that is how a topic is hijacked and goes from simple discussion to people fighting?

1 hour ago, JayC said:

lets just educate you alittle bit more. lex luthor was created in 1940. thats why hes white in the comics. no other reason. so yeah in 1996 seeing lex luthor as black is extremely empowering for a black person to see. its one of the things that 1st began to open eyes in this country and helped modernize comic based media.

29 minutes ago, DrLava said:

you or outsiders have conveniently deleted the most blatant of those. the early posts in that regina king thread were pretty disgusting. 

tycondrius24 saying the biohazard franchise is ruined because a black actor has been cast is really bad too though. i can repost it a 3rd time if you still cant acknowledge it. 

i mean walk around your local target or walmart and tell random strangers that the casting of a black actor ruined a franchise for you and gauge their reaction. then come back here and try to defend his post some more. time to open your eyes, the ignorance is bliss mentality you have has to stop. too many posts for too many years have gone unchecked. it used to just be one hillbilly here and there and you let them get away with it, so they got bolder and others saw that it was allowed and now they think its okay to do this so its everywhere. its not okay. 

Man...look it's apparent...everyone here is cool with bigotry.  At least we know now.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

Man this is not the kind of approach you want to have.

This ain't even a good defense

This is a bad look my dude.

2021...man... That is not a position you want to have a valid defense for your worldview.

21 minutes ago, JayC said:

See here is the thing, your seemingly getting mad with me just because I won't see things exactly like you do.  I understand your point of view on the characters. I don't even totally disagree with your point of view. But I can also understand how someone else who became a fan of a specific character not liking it when its changed.

Again your making vast assumptions. You  seem to be typing mad. You seem to refuse to give any ground on your point of view and then any time I respond back your going to come back and try and show me how I am wrong.

Do you not see how thats not a very good or productive way to try and have a discussion about something. Do you not understand that is how a topic is hijacked and goes from simple discussion to people fighting?

but how does skin color change who the character is? if you only like a character cause theyre white then this isnt even a discussion worth having.

and you said 3 times we werent having this discussion but keep coming back to it. this is what i tried to stop with the 1st comment. you clearly wanted this and its gonna be rougher in 2021 than in it was in 2010.

Just now, DrLava said:

lets just educate you alittle bit more.

You dont even understand how condescending you sound when you address people do you?  But you didnt educate anything. You stated your opinion on why you feel the way you do, which is fine. The problem is that if I wont agree with you then you will get more and more condescending and there lies the problem with your approach. 

18 minutes ago, JayC said:

You dont even understand how condescending you sound when you address people do you?  But you didnt educate anything. You stated your opinion on why you feel the way you do, which is fine. The problem is that if I wont agree with you then you will get more and more condescending and there lies the problem with your approach. 

i didnt state an opinion. its a fact. lex luthor was created in 1940 and thats why hes white. thats not my opinion, thats history. 

there is no agree or disagree with me. i didnt create him and neither of us was even alive back then. so yeah i educated you on some history that youve either forgotten, never knew, or conveniently choose to ignore.

4 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Man...look it apparent...everyone here is cool with bigotry.  At least we know now.

If you say so. Your welcome to your opinion and I am not going to sit here and try and change it. If you turely feel that way then you probably will want to find somewhere else to hang out online, and I say that not because I want you to leave but because your obviously not happy here.

5 minutes ago, JayC said:

Dude you don't know what my emotions are.  Stop deflecting.  I don't care whether you agree with me or not about Lex.  I DO care that you are letting it be known that you are cool with people being outright bigoted in their not liking the swap.  It's based solely on bigotry and you are totally fine with it.

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

I am?  No one where has posted bigoted bs?  You haven't had to close threads because people said bigoted bs? People haven't clapped back at bigoted bs?  You not saying you understand (at best) and are ok with being included in it (at worst).  I'm assuming all of that?  Man you dead wrong...for denying it, for defending it, and for outright being cool being included in it.

10 minutes ago, JayC said:

I already gave you the Sesame Street (ball bouncing and sing along song) solution.  Stop it at the source.  Let it be know this place isn't cool with that bigoted ish.  If someone have had to many Coors or they mad they fav Nascar driver lost...they need to stay off of the site.  If they mad because a Black person got a TV show or was cast as  character...they can keep they crappy bigotry to themselves.  If not people will call them out.  They are making threads close by being bigots. Why you can't see that was totally astounding...but now I know it's because you agree with them. 

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

You dont even understand how condescending you sound when you address people do you?

no i dont since im not the one reading the words to you. i type. if you add unnecessary tone to sentences when you read them thats on you. have your virtual intelligence on your phone read the posts to you and you'll no longer hear condescension and maybe you'll actually hear the words being written as they are.

4 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Dude you don't know what my emotions are.  Stop deflecting.  I don't care whether you agree with me or not about Lex.  I DO care that you are letting it be known that you are cool with people being outright bigoted in their not liking the swap.  It's based solely on bigotry and you are totally fine with it.

I am?  No one where has posted bigoted bs?  You haven't had to close threads because people said bigoted bs? People haven't clapped back at bigoted bs?  You not saying you understand (at best) and are ok with being included in it (at worst).  I'm assuming all of that?  Man you dead wrong...for denying it, for defending it, and for outright being cool being included in it.

I already gave you the Sesame Street (ball bouncing and sing along song) solution.  Stop it at the source.  Let it be know this place isn't cool with that bigoted ish.  If someone have had to many Coors or they mad they fav Nascar driver lost...they need to stay off of the site.  If they mad because a Black person got a TV show or was cast as  character...they can keep they crappy bigotry to themselves.  If not people will call them out.  They are making threads close by being bigots. Why you can't see that was totally astounding...but now I know it's because you agree with them. 

If you see a specific post where someone specifically says something like "I hate black people" or specifically attacking someone else on here, then report it or bring it directly to my attention with a direct link at the time it happens.  In this thread specifically your making interpretations about what someone said, not what they actually said. From your argument I am seemingly supposed to consider anyone who doesn't think its cool to change a per-established character to something else is automatically a racist. I can't sit here and say definitively they aren't a racists for thinking that way, but nor can I sit here and say definitively they are, and I don't think you can either. I am not willing to make an assumption like that in as far as how I moderate. I might not agree with them, I might not even like them, but that doesn't mean they should be banned. 

There are certainly those on the other side of these kind of arguments where I have had to warn or delete their posts and even in some cases banned. Its sad to me that people on both sides are incapable or unwilling to have civil discussions about important things that go on in the world without restoring to name calling or attacks of some kind, but that's pretty much where we as a whole have gotten with the internet these days.

So again I welcome anyone who is wanting to help out and look out for trouble. If someone is attacking someone else or spouting hate then REPORT IT. Dont engage with it, dont let it continue and get out of hand to the point everyone is yelling at everyone else. But also realize not everyone is going to see things the way you do, and having a different opinion isnt a violation of the rules here. And if you or anyone else here doesn't find my moderating policies acceptable then again I would say you probably should find somewhere else online to hang out, and not because I want you to leave but I don't think you are going enjoy being here.

Now this thread is hopelessly gotten off-topic so I am locking this one.

• JayC locked this topic