Jump to content

Netflix Confirms New Live-Action Series 'Resident Evil'


Outsiders
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey Lance Reddick as Wesker sounds excellent, Lance is fantastic and I'd actually say he'd play probably the best live adaptation of Wesker yet, I havn't seen something Lance has disappointed me in. I still am a bit on the fence about the whole premise of the show, but I'm always going to taste before I judge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, JayC said:

You all have this exact same argument every time news like this hits, like clock work and yet everyone always comes down on the exact same side, yet again you all choose to argue with one another. Why? Obviously your not going to change someone else's mind on why they do or don't like something. Its one thing to say I don't really like this for such and such reason therefore I will pass. Its one thing to say I do like this for such and such and plan on checking it out. BUT QUIT TRYING TO FORCE YOUR OWN VIEWS ON OTHERS.. It's so ridiculous and removes any chance of having a civil conversation, perhaps that is the intention, I don't like your views so I am gonna do what I can to sabotage the thread, IDK. Never-the-less its going to stop and people will just simply be banned if I see you attacking someone in some way. If you can't respect others DONT POST. If someone's opinion is actually making you mad DONT POST. If you feel you need to be demeaning to someone or make snide comments towards another person DONT POST. If you can't state your own opinion about something without expecting everyone to agree with you DONT POST.

You forgot one: if you can't state your opinions without littering them with micro aggressive bs, don't post.

I  agree with your words (so don't think I'm trying to pick at/fight with you).

However, you are still missing the primary root of the problem.  It is not opinions...it is flat out BIGOTRY.  

I'm personally not interested in changing peoples minds who are stuck in the 50s so no one is trying to force their opinions are others.

People are pushing back at the bigotry that has gone unchecked here.

Members do it....Mods do it.

It's been allowed.

Man we come here to talk about nerd stuff...but how did it get so far gone that people feel 100% comfy showing they bigotry here?

Y'all fell  asleep at the wheel.

This isn't a "very bad people on both sides scenario." ONE side consistently goes below the belt with talk of "cancel culture", "pandering", "forced diversity", thinly veiled bigotry, etc.

Now there are people going at them for saying it. They don't change...as soon as another topic goes up about Black people/POC....they come out the trailer park locked and loaded with their talk.

And other people are now here to meet them and give it right back.

Dude look at how this thread started.  Then like three people came out the gate Friday sideways before others (me included) clapped back.

It was incel talk. I thought this was Toy News International not The Nasty Incels  

Man it needs to stop.  That is what derails topics. How about we move forward with a agreement that people leave that incel bs in the double wides.

Talk. To. Them.

Tell. Them (and I'll name names if you seem to have trouble finding the repeat offenders) this is 2021 and if we can be hype about frickin aliens, robots, cyborgs, superheroes and whatnot in comics/movies/toys/video games  then we can be decent if Black frickin people play a role in the genre.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kILLMonger said:

You forgot one: if you can't state your opinions without littering them with micro aggressive bs, don't post.

I  agree with your words (so don't think I'm trying to pick at/fight with you).

However, you are still missing the primary root of the problem.  It is not opinions...it is flat out BIGOTRY.  

I'm personally not interested in changing peoples minds who are stuck in the 50s so no one is trying to force their opinions are others.

People are pushing back at the bigotry that has gone unchecked here.

Member do it....Mods do it.

It's been allowed.

Man we come here to talk about nerd stuff...but how did it get so far gone that people feel 100% comfy showing they bigotry here?

Y'all fell  asleep at the wheel.

This isn't a "very bad people on both sides scenario." ONE side consistently goes below the belt with talk of "cancel culture", "pandering", "forced diversity", thinly veiled bigotry, etc.

Now there are people going at them for saying it. They don't change...as soon as another topic goes up about Black people/POC....they come out the trailer park locked and loaded with their talk.

And other people are now here to meet them and give it right back.

Dude look at how this thread started.  Then like three people came out the gate Friday sideways before others (me included) clapped back.

It was incel talk. I thought this was Toy News International not The Nasty Incels  

Man it needs to stop.  That is what derails topics. How about we move forward with a agreement that people leave that incel bs in the double wides.

Talk. To. Them.

Tell. Them (and I'll name names if you seem to have trouble finding the repeat offenders) this is 2021 and if we can be hype about frickin aliens, robots, cyborgs, superheroes and whatnot in comics/movies/toys/video games  then we can be decent if Black frickin people play a role in the genre.

 

The problem is some of you make assumptions about others. Maybe your right and someone who doesn't like a casting choice because the actor is black, or a woman or what have you has racists tendencies but also maybe they just think its a bad choice. That's why if you think its a good choice you have every right to state so and even give reasons why. Just like someone who doesn't like it has a right to state so and state why they think that.

Where things go off the rails generally is someone else decides they don't agree with that person and take it upon themselves to tell that person why they are wrong. See you can have a discussion without agreeing. People can actually state opinions without fighting, but so often people feel the need to try and force their views or opinions on everyone else.

I don't know any of you personally and I am not going to sit here and try and judge people based on vague comments made on a message board. If there people who post here that are truly racists and have decided to hate people based on things like skin color, sexual preference or what-have-you then I feel sad for those people and their ignorance, but unless it is blatant hate speech I am not going to start banning people on assumptions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JayC said:

The problem is some of you make assumptions about others. Maybe your right and someone who doesn't like a casting choice because the actor is black, or a woman or what has racists tendencies but also maybe they just think its a bad choice. That's why if you think its a good choice you have every right to state so and even give reasons why. Just like someone who doesn't like it has a right to state so and state why they think that.

Where things go off the rails generally is someone else decides they don't agree with that person and take it upon themselves to tell that person why they are wrong. See you can have a discussion without agreeing. People can actually state opinions without fighting, but so often people feel the need to try and force their views or opinions on everyone else.

I don't know any of you personally and I am not going to sit here and try and judge people based on vague comments made on a message board. If there people who post here that are truly racists and have decided to hate people based on things like skin color, sexual preference or what-have-you then I feel sad for those people and their ignorance, but unless it is blatant hate speech I am not going to start banning people on assumptions.

Fair enough, I just ask you consider this:

There is a well documented theme with how these discussions go and it starts with bigotry.

I'm saying it as a Black dude.  I understand you may not see it because you aren't.  That doesn't make it any less true what I am saying.

I could toss up a Diversity and Comics video and that dude's nonsense (which IS barely disguised bigotry) mirrrors what is getting said here.

It goes off the rails because people are clapping back at bigoted statements.

Saying "I don't like the RE reboot because I loved the Paul Anderson versions " is one thing

Saying they just hired a Black dude due to Cancel Culture or "well people would be mad af if they cast a white dude as T'challa" is a whole nother thing.

Man, I'm coming at you real and asking you to deal with that. It's bigotry. 100%

Again I'm a Black dude in the fandom....we hear this ish on the reg.  It's sad and should have no place.  

It's here and I really don't want to see it here.  Every thread that has been locked was locked because people (again I can name names) was sideways and said something bigoted.

That's the theme.

Make it stop man.  This isn't a assumption.  You speak bigotry that makes you a frickin bigot...real talk.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2021 at 3:19 AM, kILLMonger said:

Hey, you remember Superman and JLA/JLU?  Lex Luthor was Black...Clancy Brown (white) voiced him

David Oyelowo(Black) voiced Agent Kallus (white) in Rebels.

Lance Reddick (Black) voices Commander Zavala (Awoken blue) in Destiny

Nathan Fillion (white) voiced Cayde Six (frickin Exo robot) in Destiny

I could go on and on.  Bottom line you don't know what you are talking about and you're speaking from mayosapien hurt feelings.

It's hot garbage.  

Stop it and be better.

What? Lex Luthor wasn't black in JLA. He was drawn with thicker lips and a little tan but he wasn't black.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. All I was saying that the current trend in Hollywood is to cast voice actors of color to match the character's race. Which I don't agree with. It SHOULD be who ever fits the role better regardless of their ethnicity. Since its VOICE acting.

Like I said, I like Lance Reddick and don't have an issue with him being cast as Wesker. I just thought it would be weird to hear his very distinctive voice coming out of the old Wesker model (since i thought it was the animated movie).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

Fair enough, I just ask you consider this:

There is a well documented theme with how these discussions go and it starts with bigotry.

 

But this is the thing. Taking this specific thread, if I am not mistaken started because someone stated that the franchise was ruined because a black actor was cast in a role that was originally created to be a white person? I am not that into Resident evil but the character as he appeared in the game as I remember was white and now for the movie he is going to be played by a black actor?

Now maybe the person who made the comment did it because they hate all black people and can't stand to see a black actor play any role, or maybe they simply just are a purist to the franchise and think a character created one way should remain that, I have no real idea, and I am not going to start  down a slippery slope of moderating based on assumptions

Trying to label someone a racists simply because they don't like it when a character is changed from one thing to another is ridiculous. Which is what always seems to happen. Is having a black actor play a character that was originally white a big deal or something  someone should really be angry over? No. Is the franchise really ruined, I seriously doubt it. Should people wait to see the performance before making up their mind like that, sure, but being able to voice an opinion of not liking the choice is completely acceptable to do in a public forum like this. Calling someone's opinion stupid because they don't agree with it or making assumptions about the person's intent is generally were this stuff goes off the rails. I just had to delete a comment in this thread because someone couldn't resist calling another person's opinion stupid.

We each come from different backgrounds, we've had different experiences in life that shape our views. We are of different ages, race, sex. some likely don't even reside in the US. So when we read something on the net, we are all going to likely interpret it a bit differently.  Again maybe some of you on here are racists and if so that is sad. Maybe some are just bored and want to try and troll and get people worked up which again is pretty sad. However unless it is a blatant breaking of the rules like blatant hate speech or a direct attack against another board member I am not going to ban someone. If you think someone is racists or you don't like them for whatever reason then I would say avoid them. If someone says something that is truly out of line or makes direct attacks against other members then I would recommend you use the report function. We don't have a ton of mods here and I can't track every thread every minute of the day, but if something is reported I will look at it usually pretty quick. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, JayC said:

But this is the thing. Taking this specific thread, if I am not mistaken started because someone stated that the franchise was ruined because a black actor was cast in a role that was originally created to be a white person? I am not that into Resident evil but the character as he appeared in the game as I remember was white and now for the movie he is going to be played by a black actor?

And that's wrong JayC...on all levels.  That's not a opinion that is valid or worthy of discussion. It's bigotry. This wasn't the first time it happened.  It is incel talk and comes from a sect of butthurt yt people who feel "their" stuff is being taken away due to politics/cancel culture, pandering.  Dude look at the other closed threads.  Same people singing the same song.

 

46 minutes ago, JayC said:

Now maybe the person who made the comment did it because they hate all black people and can't stand to see a black actor play any role, or maybe they simply just are a purist to the franchise and think a character created one way should remain that, I have no real idea, and I am not going to start  down a slippery slope of moderating based on assumptions

It doesn't matter JayC.  Maybe you can take the "uninvolved role" because you not Black, but speaking freely as a Black dude, who has to deal with this crap in the world...the last place I should see this crap is on a toy site.  It's not a slippery slope.  Bruh just address and make it known that ish isn't/won't be tolerated here. 

Unless you are scared you'll lose butthurt people crying that their freedumb is being taken away. If that's the case....know this is gonna keep happening because these people refuse to be/do better.

Black people is straight up telling you it's happening....it does look $#itty that you are taking the position of "I'm just not gonna get involved."

52 minutes ago, JayC said:

Trying to label someone a racists simply because they don't like it when a character is changed from one thing to another is ridiculous. Which is what always seems to happen. Is having a black actor play a character that was originally white a big deal or something  someone should really be angry over? No. Is the franchise really ruined, I seriously doubt it. Should people wait to see the performance before making up their mind like that, sure, but being able to voice an opinion of not liking the choice is completely acceptable to do in a public forum like this. Calling someone's opinion stupid because they don't agree with it or making assumptions about the person's intent is generally were this stuff goes off the rails. I just had to delete a comment in this thread because someone couldn't resist calling another person's opinion stupid.

It. Is. Not. Ridiculous JayC.  And I'm starting to notice you have more angst against the reaction rather than the initial action.  So are you agreeing with them? Stuff goes off the rails because that ish is flat out bigotry.  Man it's 2021...people should know better.  These folks have no probs with all the whitewashing that has happened.  If color swapping was truly the issue, they would be consistent and angry both ways.  But they aren't man.  It's just with Black people.

Doesn't matter what they "may be."  If your words sounds like the words a bigoted person would say....what does that make you.  If that Diversity and Comics dude popped up on here and read some of the garbage these people spew....he'd feel right at home.  Bruh is that the company you want to keep?  Is that the perception you want to give? You rather keep the folks you have and let them say what they say?  Ok then you should have no probs with people responding back.  It goes both ways.  If they can have their intentions angelized....then people clapping back at them should have the same grace.  You don't know my intentions when I say "milk cricket" or "snow roach."  Hell, I'm just voicing my opinion.  For like the 3rd time....ish goes off the rails here not because of opinions; but because people are letting the bigotry flags fly.  Dude if you stop it at the source I 100% assure you everything else will calm down. Trying to trim the leaves but ignoring the root won't make the weed go away.

This is going to keep happening unless you stop this at the source.  A opinion is one thing...a opinion rooted in bigotry is a whole nother thing. That is gonna get a response.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

We each come from different backgrounds, we've had different experiences in life that shape our views. We are of different ages, race, sex. some likely don't even reside in the US. So when we read something on the net, we are all going to likely interpret it a bit differently.  Again maybe some of you on here are racists and if so that is sad. Maybe some are just bored and want to try and troll and get people worked up which again is pretty sad. However unless it is a blatant breaking of the rules like blatant hate speech or a direct attack against another board member I am not going to ban someone. If you think someone is racists or you don't like them for whatever reason then I would say avoid them. If someone says something that is truly out of line or makes direct attacks against other members then I would recommend you use the report function. We don't have a ton of mods here and I can't track every thread every minute of the day, but if something is reported I will look at it usually pretty quick. 

Sigh...you got Mods who are just as bad as the members (you know who you are...you bought in cancel culture and as if I was a frickin Democrat in the Regina King thread you closed).  Do you have any mods who are Black? Because right now it looks like the cops are in league with the crooks.

 It would be be ssssoooo much easier if you made it clear that bigoted ish is not tolerated here.  Having the expectation that your Mods don't swim/endorse it and correct people(which is kinda hard if you have no Black mods or people who aren't on the bigotry train themselves). Address the problem at the source.  Two people have already pointed it out to you.  You cannot be obtuse and act like it is a "opinion issue" JayC, you have a bigoty issue.  Man you need to handle it otherwise it will just keep going back and forth.

Or just come on out and say....you are in agreement or cool with it so we know,  Because it does look kind messed up that people are telling you and it looks as if you have your hands over your ears and eyes telling people everything is ok.  It's not my dude.  You got a good site...I've been with you guys in some shape/form/fashion since like the early 2000s when  I was stationed in the Midwest.  I meet cool dudes I traded toys with because this site had the local findings thing.  I was around with the Viper Hunter saga...   I reupped a few months ago and it's honestly sad to see people so bold in spewing divisiveness.  

But if all opinions are cool... if they can voice theirs...they should have no probs with people voicing their opinions back.  That's how it is supposed to go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MRT said:

What? Lex Luthor wasn't black in JLA. He was drawn with thicker lips and a little tan but he wasn't black.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. All I was saying that the current trend in Hollywood is to cast voice actors of color to match the character's race. Which I don't agree with. It SHOULD be who ever fits the role better regardless of their ethnicity. Since its VOICE acting.

Like I said, I like Lance Reddick and don't have an issue with him being cast as Wesker. I just thought it would be weird to hear his very distinctive voice coming out of the old Wesker model (since i thought it was the animated movie).

 

Ummmm he was Black my dude.

I listed a few roles where the actor didn't match the role.

It should be someone who look like the animated role...because their are nuances and insights that they can bring into the role a person not of that ethnicity can't.  And also (looking at history), yt people kinda left a bad taste in peoples mouth about it with Blackface, minstrel shows, and cinema. It was just troubling (even in voice acting).

The ones I listed showed that it CAN be done...very well. Just sadly....yeah history

I agree...with his voice/look I think he'll pull off a really good/sinister Wesker.  I'm here for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrLava said:

apparently jayc wants this old fight rehashed so lets begin, please tell us how lex luthor is white in the timmverse? without the "timm modeled him on kojak" nonsense.

I'm sorry. I guess i wasn't present when u had this discussion.

I never even thought of this as an issue. He was white in the comics, he was white in the movies so I thought he was just a white guy with a slight tan. Was there a specific instance where his ethnicity was brought up in the show? 

And I don't know if it matters but I'm not white. I'm Filipino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MRT said:

I'm sorry. I guess i wasn't present when u had this discussion.

I never even thought of this as an issue. He was white in the comics, he was white in the movies so I thought he was just a white guy with a slight tan. Was there a specific instance where his ethnicity was brought up in the show? 

And I don't know if it matters but I'm not white. I'm Filipino.

image.thumb.jpeg.30325c28f6af91d1e36a241974bb1ed9.jpegLook at this my dude...Lex is Black in the Timmverse.  Google is your friend bruh.  LOTS of pics. Or just rewatch the show.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

image.thumb.jpeg.30325c28f6af91d1e36a241974bb1ed9.jpegLook at this my dude...Lex is Black in the Timmverse.  Google is your friend bruh.  LOTS of pics. Or just rewatch the show.

I just did. And the opinion online is mixed. Let's just all agree Clancy Brown was great and move on.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrLava said:

and see thats the gray area and thats the problem because what you think is out of line is not defined. and we're telling you what we consider out of line and you are defending and saying its just their "opinion".

Its not really a gray area, its a common sense area. If you don't know how to be respectful and courteous to others as you would if you  were in a public setting then I dont know what to tell you.

When you go out of your way to say someone or their opinion is stupid, that is an attacking post.

An opinion is "I dont like such and such actor". Or "i do like such and such actor" and here is why.

An attack is saying "your opinion is invalid because I think it doesnt matter if they change the actor drastically from the original source material." and if you refuse to see it my way I am just going to keep going on and on about why you are wrong and i am right.

An opinion is "I think such and such is a good actor and despite having a different skin tone I believe he will do a good job and the movie will be good."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MRT said:

I just did. And the opinion online is mixed. Let's just all agree Clancy Brown was great and move on.. 

Sigh....YES Clancy Brown was great.

You are missing the inherent problem

There is a consistent and habitual behavioral pattern of denying Black folks props/power/position when it comes to roles.

Yt people are butthurt when they perceive things are "taken away" from them and cry mayo tears of oppression.  And for everyone reading...it's MY OPINION and as it's been defined...move along if you don't like it.

Bruce Timm doing what he did was fucka mucking awesome.

But online opinion is "mixed."  Why?

Because Black people can't be as diabolical as Lex (I know that's not what you are saying....)?

Lance Reddick can't pull off Wesker because he's Black (when he was yt in the films)?  See how it goes? 

You stepped into it with your comment.

In the Timmverse...Lex is Black.  End of story.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

image.thumb.jpeg.30325c28f6af91d1e36a241974bb1ed9.jpegLook at this my dude...Lex is Black in the Timmverse.  Google is your friend bruh.  LOTS of pics. Or just rewatch the show.

This is way off topic, but I believe the character was intended to be white or at least more white than black. They never specifically said in the show but the creators have been quoted as saying he was loosely based off of actor Telly Savalas who was a white bald guy. Also if you look at any licensed merchandise from the originally Kenner figures to the most recent DST bust you can see his skin tone is far more causation than dark. I don't think it matters either way, they portrayed him as a great bad guy which is all that matters.

c33b070e-98e7-4eb6-9158-337ac017e438_1.8f70162c487d09daefffd6eeffa921d3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Sigh....YES Clancy Brown was great.

You are missing the inherent problem

There is a consistent and habitual behavioral pattern of denying Black folks props/power/position when it comes to roles.

Yt people are butthurt when they perceive things are "taken away" from them and cry mayo tears of oppression.  And for everyone reading...it's MY OPINION and as it's been defined...move along if you don't like it.

Bruce Timm doing what he did was fucka mucking awesome.

But online opinion is "mixed."  Why?

Because Black people can't be as diabolical as Lex (I know that's not what you are saying....)?

Lance Reddick can't pull off Wesker because he's Black (when he was yt in the films)?  See how it goes? 

You stepped into it with your comment.

In the Timmverse...Lex is Black.  End of story.  

And just to follow up. If you want to think of him black then more power to you. Again they never specifically said in the show. Even if they came out today and said you know what we sneaked that in. He actually is a black guy, my reaction would be ok. It still doesnt really change anything about the cartoon one way or the other. It was something I enjoyed then and still to this day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

Its not really a gray area, its a common sense area. If you don't know how to be respectful and courteous to others as you would if you  were in a public setting then I dont know what to tell you.

Dude they not being "respectful and courteous" with that incel talk.  Again...if you want courtesy and respect....then it starts and stops with curtailing the bigoted nonsense.  If it can be voiced...know people are going to use their voices to respond in the same manner.

 

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

When you go out of your way to say someone or their opinion is stupid, that is an attacking post.

When someone goes out of their way to say the only reason a Black person was cast is because of cancel culture/pandering, says that a show is "ruined" because of the casting of Black people, waxes poetic about what would happen if Preston McCracker was cast as T'challa, or other bs...that is attacking.  It attacks the principle that Black people have just as much right and ability to exist in the fandom. Responding back to this is not attacking, it's defending our right to be here.  BTW anyone who voices a incel opinion IS stupid...either willfully or accidentally because it's 2021.  With access to the internet and search engines, there is no excuse to have such a backwards belief system that Tyrone just walked into the casting call and when he was asked for his credentials; he just says "I'm Black" and the studio says "ok we found our Wesker/Hawkman/Superman."  Now if someone wants to have it...can't control that...but you are asking for a world of hurt/mocking if you are stupid enough to roll up to the keyboard and type the bs for people to see.  Anyone who does that deserves whatever they get...unless you JayC...make it stop.  Again, if they can voice their opinions...then be consistent and tell them they gotta deal with whatever they get back.  If they brave enough to say it, they should be brave enough to deal with the consequences.

 

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

An opinion is "I dont like such and such actor". Or "i do like such and such actor" and here is why.

That's not what they are saying.  Maybe you should go back and read all the closed threads.  They are making it very clear that their dislike is rooted in ethnicity of the actors.  Man stop defending them...you aren't helping the situation.  Dude we telling you.  There are closed threads that back up what we are saying.  Dude that Regina King thread was a hot dumper fire of mayo bigotry,  for the entire world to see...members flew they bigotry flag HIGH. Them the kinds of opinions you cool with?   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

That's not what they are saying.  Maybe you should go back and read all the closed threads.  They are making it very clear that their dislike is rooted in ethnicity of the actors.

Show me a specific post where someone said they didnt like the choice simply because they were black, as opposed to not liking it because they are taking a white established character and making them black?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

 

And just to go back to your Superman Animated Series reference for a moment about Lex Luthor. As far as him being black or white. Lex was a white character so why is it empowering if they made him black?  Speaking from the perspective of a white guy, I would see that more as pandering than empowering. It wouldnt make me angry, but again I really wouldn't see it as empowering.

I will tell you what I did find empowering and meaningful as a kid. That they choose to use the John Stewart Green Lantern who was an already pre-established black character but lesser known by most and used him in the show over the more traditional well known white Hal Jordan.  That decision helped the John Stewart GL become much more known to more people and established him as a major player in the DC Universe.

Just like again speaking as a white guy I find it more empowering when they take a long time black character like Black Panther and prop him up as a major player in the MCU more so than when they take a per-established one and change their skin color. Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, JayC said:

Show me a specific post where someone said they didnt like the choice simply because they were black, as opposed to not liking it because they are taking a white established character and making them black?

Go back to the Hawkman thread.

And the Sandman thread

And the Regina King thread

and this one.

Dude...as a yt guy I get picking up on this stuff might not be your strong suit...but again TWO Black dudes is telling you.  More have responded on here calling it out.  Specific quotes were shared.  Man don't do this ish....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JayC said:

And just to go back to your Superman Animated Series reference for a moment about Lex Luthor. As far as him being black or white. Lex was a white character so why is it empowering if they made him black?  Speaking from the perspective of a white guy, I would see that more as pandering than empowering. It wouldnt make me angry, but again I really wouldn't see it as empowering.

He's a flipping comic book character.  He's not real.  He can be depicted however.  And it was flipping cool to see him as a Black dude.  What the hell is "pandering?" Dude that's a made up word (in this context) the states Black people can only get/be stuff due to a handout or whatever. Man forget all of that.

I'ma just say...collectively...yt people have a historical and habitual penchant for picking/supporting/defending the wrong stuff.  Y'all about the last people to define what is "pandering" vs "empowering."  Remember, this is MY OPINION....so it's all good (but it's actually factual and if anyone wants to die on the hill trying to prove me wrong  bring a lunch and we can get at it).

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Just like again speaking as a white guy I find it more empowering when they take a long time black character like Black Panther and prop him up as a major player in the MCU more so than when they take a per-established one and change their skin color. Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

Y'all keep moving the goalposts...if it's not "uSe a EstAblIsHeD ChaRaCter" it's "tHey NeEd tO cReaTe nEw OneS."  Dude go somewhere.  I been in this fandom to long for you to come at me with that.

Dude if green people, robots, aliens, mutants, whatever can exist in the medium...than a frickin Black person can portray the character.  Starfire...she's frickin orange.  According to people here...a Black person should not play her.  But they would have been all over it if a yt chick spray painted orange played her.

Sandman got all kinds of heat.  

But factually if we are all about being faithful to the original source.  We should of been on the hunt for a orange chick. And the Endless should be portrayed by albinos.  

Dude Hawkman should have been Black from JUMP...He's frickin Egyptian..and they don't like you.  You got beef with that?

You got beef with all the white washing in the Mummy films, Gods of Egypt, every Bible movie, Apocalypse in X-men?

Well I guess now I see why you quite with them but will censor other people.

You agree with them people...okay then.  Good to know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

He's a flipping comic book character.  He's not real.  He can be depicted however.  And it was flipping cool to see him as a Black dude.  What the hell is "pandering?" Dude that's a made up word (in this context) the states Black people can only get/be stuff due to a handout or whatever. Man forget all of that.

I'ma just say...collectively...yt people have a historical and habitual penchant for picking/supporting/defending the wrong stuff.  Y'all about the last people to define what is "pandering" vs "empowering."  Remember, this is MY OPINION....so it's all good (but it's actually factual and if anyone wants to die on the hill trying to prove me wrong  bring a lunch and we can get at it).

Y'all keep moving the goalposts...if it's not "uSe a EstAblIsHeD ChaRaCter" it's "tHey NeEd tO cReaTe nEw OneS."  Dude go somewhere.  I been in this fandom to long for you to come at me with that.

Dude if green people, robots, aliens, mutants, whatever can exist in the medium...than a frickin Black person can portray the character.  Starfire...she's frickin orange.  According to people here...a Black person should not play her.  But they would have been all over it if a yt chick spray painted orange played her.

Sandman got all kinds of heat.  

But factually if we are all about being faithful to the original source.  We should of been on the hunt for a orange chick. And the Endless should be portrayed by albinos.  

Dude Hawkman should have been Black from JUMP...He's frickin Egyptian..and they don't like you.  You got beef with that?

You got beef with all the white washing in the Mummy films, Gods of Egypt, every Bible movie, Apocalypse in X-men?

Well I guess now I see why you quite with them but will censor other people.

You agree with them people...okay then.  Good to know.

See here is the thing, your seemingly getting mad with me just because I won't see things exactly like you do.  I understand your point of view on the characters. I don't even totally disagree with your point of view. But I can also understand how someone else who became a fan of a specific character not liking it when its changed.

Again your making vast assumptions. You  seem to be typing mad. You seem to refuse to give any ground on your point of view and then any time I respond back your going to come back and try and show me how I am wrong.

Do you not see how thats not a very good or productive way to try and have a discussion about something. Do you not understand that is how a topic is hijacked and goes from simple discussion to people fighting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DrLava said:

you or outsiders have conveniently deleted the most blatant of those. the early posts in that regina king thread were pretty disgusting. 

tycondrius24 saying the biohazard franchise is ruined because a black actor has been cast is really bad too though. i can repost it a 3rd time if you still cant acknowledge it. 

i mean walk around your local target or walmart and tell random strangers that the casting of a black actor ruined a franchise for you and gauge their reaction. then come back here and try to defend his post some more. time to open your eyes, the ignorance is bliss mentality you have has to stop. too many posts for too many years have gone unchecked. it used to just be one hillbilly here and there and you let them get away with it, so they got bolder and others saw that it was allowed and now they think its okay to do this so its everywhere. its not okay. 

Man...look it's apparent...everyone here is cool with bigotry.  At least we know now.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Now if that somehow makes me racists then I guess I am racists to, but thats how a view these things.

Man this is not the kind of approach you want to have.

This ain't even a good defense

This is a bad look my dude.

 

2021...man... That is not a position you want to have a valid defense for your worldview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DrLava said:

lets just educate you alittle bit more.

You dont even understand how condescending you sound when you address people do you?  But you didnt educate anything. You stated your opinion on why you feel the way you do, which is fine. The problem is that if I wont agree with you then you will get more and more condescending and there lies the problem with your approach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Man...look it apparent...everyone here is cool with bigotry.  At least we know now.

If you say so. Your welcome to your opinion and I am not going to sit here and try and change it. If you turely feel that way then you probably will want to find somewhere else to hang out online, and I say that not because I want you to leave but because your obviously not happy here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JayC said:

See here is the thing, your seemingly getting mad with me just because I won't see things exactly like you do.  I understand your point of view on the characters. I don't even totally disagree with your point of view. But I can also understand how someone else who became a fan of a specific character not liking it when its changed.

Dude you don't know what my emotions are.  Stop deflecting.  I don't care whether you agree with me or not about Lex.  I DO care that you are letting it be known that you are cool with people being outright bigoted in their not liking the swap.  It's based solely on bigotry and you are totally fine with it.

 

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

Again your making vast assumptions. You  seem to be typing mad. You seem to refuse to give any ground on your point of view and then any time I respond back your going to come back and try and show me how I am wrong.

I am?  No one where has posted bigoted bs?  You haven't had to close threads because people said bigoted bs? People haven't clapped back at bigoted bs?  You not saying you understand (at best) and are ok with being included in it (at worst).  I'm assuming all of that?  Man you dead wrong...for denying it, for defending it, and for outright being cool being included in it.

 

10 minutes ago, JayC said:

Do you not see how thats not a very good or productive way to try and have a discussion about something. Do you not understand that is how a topic is hijacked and goes from simple discussion to people fighting?

I already gave you the Sesame Street (ball bouncing and sing along song) solution.  Stop it at the source.  Let it be know this place isn't cool with that bigoted ish.  If someone have had to many Coors or they mad they fav Nascar driver lost...they need to stay off of the site.  If they mad because a Black person got a TV show or was cast as  character...they can keep they crappy bigotry to themselves.  If not people will call them out.  They are making threads close by being bigots. Why you can't see that was totally astounding...but now I know it's because you agree with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JayC locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE