Netflix Confirms New Live-Action Series 'Resident Evil'

Outsiders

4 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Dude you don't know what my emotions are.  Stop deflecting.  I don't care whether you agree with me or not about Lex.  I DO care that you are letting it be known that you are cool with people being outright bigoted in their not liking the swap.  It's based solely on bigotry and you are totally fine with it.

I am?  No one where has posted bigoted bs?  You haven't had to close threads because people said bigoted bs? People haven't clapped back at bigoted bs?  You not saying you understand (at best) and are ok with being included in it (at worst).  I'm assuming all of that?  Man you dead wrong...for denying it, for defending it, and for outright being cool being included in it.

I already gave you the Sesame Street (ball bouncing and sing along song) solution.  Stop it at the source.  Let it be know this place isn't cool with that bigoted ish.  If someone have had to many Coors or they mad they fav Nascar driver lost...they need to stay off of the site.  If they mad because a Black person got a TV show or was cast as  character...they can keep they crappy bigotry to themselves.  If not people will call them out.  They are making threads close by being bigots. Why you can't see that was totally astounding...but now I know it's because you agree with them. 

If you see a specific post where someone specifically says something like "I hate black people" or specifically attacking someone else on here, then report it or bring it directly to my attention with a direct link at the time it happens.  In this thread specifically your making interpretations about what someone said, not what they actually said. From your argument I am seemingly supposed to consider anyone who doesn't think its cool to change a per-established character to something else is automatically a racist. I can't sit here and say definitively they aren't a racists for thinking that way, but nor can I sit here and say definitively they are, and I don't think you can either. I am not willing to make an assumption like that in as far as how I moderate. I might not agree with them, I might not even like them, but that doesn't mean they should be banned. 

There are certainly those on the other side of these kind of arguments where I have had to warn or delete their posts and even in some cases banned. Its sad to me that people on both sides are incapable or unwilling to have civil discussions about important things that go on in the world without restoring to name calling or attacks of some kind, but that's pretty much where we as a whole have gotten with the internet these days.

So again I welcome anyone who is wanting to help out and look out for trouble. If someone is attacking someone else or spouting hate then REPORT IT. Dont engage with it, dont let it continue and get out of hand to the point everyone is yelling at everyone else. But also realize not everyone is going to see things the way you do, and having a different opinion isnt a violation of the rules here. And if you or anyone else here doesn't find my moderating policies acceptable then again I would say you probably should find somewhere else online to hang out, and not because I want you to leave but I don't think you are going enjoy being here.

Now this thread is hopelessly gotten off-topic so I am locking this one.

• JayC locked this topic