The Red Hood, Barbara Gordon, And Scarecrow Are Coming To 'Titans' Season 3

Outsiders

In the upcoming season three of the dramatic, DC live-action adventure series Titans, circumstances draw our heroes to Gotham City, where they will reunite with old friends and face new threats.

During the show’s cast and producer panel at DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes on Saturday, August 22, the following new characters were revealed to be appearing on the show this season:

• Red Hood (Series star Curran Walters) — Jason Todd now dons a new identity in his obsession to take down his old team.
  • Barbara Gordon (to be cast) — Former Batgirl Barbara Gordon is now Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department. Although she has a past relationship with Dick Grayson, she is wary of the Titans now being in Gotham.
  • Dr. Jonathan Crane (to be cast) — Known to most as the Scarecrow, Crane is a current inmate at Arkham Asylum and offers his services as a profiler and consultant for the Gotham City Police Department.

Titans is produced by Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The series was developed by Akiva Goldsman & Geoff Johns & Greg Berlanti, based on characters from DC. Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti, Greg Walker, Sarah Schechter and Richard Hatem are the executive producers. The first two seasons of Titans are now streaming on DC UNIVERSE in the U.S.

With Barbara being the commish, looks like they are going to continue telling stories in flashback. I didn't like what they did to Wonder Girl, her death was lame. And why did they have to kill her in the first place? Lost interest in the show. Still, I'll check on the trailer when it comes out

• 8 months later...

Synopsis: TITANS follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find where they belong. In season three, circumstances draw our heroes to Gotham City, where they will reunite with old friends and face new threats.

Cast: Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Teagan Croft, Ryan Potter, Conor Leslie, Curran Walters, Joshua Orpin, Alan Ritchson, Minka Kelly, Damaris Lewis, Savannah Welch and Vincent Kartheiser.

Credits: TITANS is produced by Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television. Based on the characters from DC, the series was developed by Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns & Greg Berlanti, with Johns, Berlanti, Greg Walker and Sarah Schechter serving as executive producers.

I've enjoyed the series, albeit for a couple hang-ups (didn't like season one ending so abruptly and season two had a few too many things happening) however I am looking forward to season three. Hoping it still shows up on Netflix in Canada.

I like this series overall but it definitely isnt perfect in any means. Some of the cast i really just dont like as those characters and some of the writing gets a bit dumb here and there. Some characters are casted perfectly so its kind of jarring. I am very curious to see the characters they bring in. I think also the characters dont feel as hokey as the CW shows where the costumes just seem like awkward cosplayers. 

• 4 weeks later...
HBO Max has released a first look teaser for season three of the popular superhero series TITANS, which premieres on THURSDAY, AUGUST 12. TITANS follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find where they belong. In season three, circumstances draw our heroes to Gotham City, where they will reunite with old friends and face new threats. The first three episodes of season three will premiere on Thursday, August 12 with subsequent episodes launching weekly every Thursday through October 21.

The series stars Brenton Thwaites as “Dick Grayson” aka “Nightwing,” Anna Diop as “Kory Anders” aka “Starfire,” Teagan Croft as “Rachel Roth” aka “Raven,” Ryan Potter as “Gar Logan” aka “Beast Boy,” Conor Leslie as “Donna Troy” aka “Wonder Girl,” Curran Walters as “Jason Todd” aka “Red Hood,” Joshua Orpin as “Conner Kent” aka “Superboy,” with Alan Ritchson as “Hank Hall” aka “Hawk,” Minka Kelly as “Dawn Granger” aka “Dove,” Damaris Lewis as “Blackfire,” Savannah Welch as “Barbara Gordon” and Vincent Kartheiser as “Dr. Jonathan Crane.” Jay Lycurgo also joins the cast this season recurring as “Tim Drake.

TITANS is produced by Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television. Based on the characters from DC, the series was developed by Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns & Greg Berlanti, with Johns, Berlanti, Greg Walker and Sarah Schechter serving as executive producers.

Also, on September 14, DC’s TITANS UNITED debuts, a seven-issue limited comic book series, featuring the incredible line-up of super heroes fans know from the Max Original. The series will be available at all participating comic book stores and digital platforms, and is free to subscribers on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE.

I actually enjoy this show for the most part. It has its ups and downs but overall I look forward to watching it. Very intrigued at what they are adding in season 3. 

5 hours ago, JayC said:

We gonna get Joker this season?

If we're getting Jason Todd as Red Hood and they're doing a version of "Death In The Family" then they HAVE to include the Joker. It's impossible to have Jason Todd go from Robin II to Red Hood without the Joker. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I actually enjoy this show for the most part. It has its ups and downs but overall I look forward to watching it. Very intrigued at what they are adding in season 3. 

I'm glad to see this show keep going and effectively kick-off the Tenth Year of the Arrowverse!

28 minutes ago, JayeJJimenez said:

I'm glad to see this show keep going and effectively kick-off the Tenth Year of the Arrowverse!

I dont really see this as part of the arrowverse, same with doom patrol. Both operate differently and arent on the CW like the other like 5 shows. Maybe its because I actually like doom and titans. I used to like arrow and flash and black lightning but after their first few seasons, they really started to kind of be blah to me. Just starts feeling like a bunch of people running around in cosplay after a while, especially when they either introduce many new characters with powers or their costumes are just super weird looking from the start. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I dont really see this as part of the arrowverse, same with doom patrol. Both operate differently and arent on the CW like the other like 5 shows. Maybe its because I actually like doom and titans. I used to like arrow and flash and black lightning but after their first few seasons, they really started to kind of be blah to me. Just starts feeling like a bunch of people running around in cosplay after a while, especially when they either introduce many new characters with powers or their costumes are just super weird looking from the start. 

It and Doom Patrol are part of the Post-Crisis Arrowverse Multiverse even though they aren't airing on the CW, as is Swamp Thing  and the DCEU.  Besides after this year, we've already lost Black Lightning and are loosing Supergirl so the Arrowverse is a bit slim-pickings for it's Tenth Year. 

1 hour ago, JayeJJimenez said:

It and Doom Patrol are part of the Post-Crisis Arrowverse Multiverse even though they aren't airing on the CW, as is Swamp Thing  and the DCEU.  Besides after this year, we've already lost Black Lightning and are loosing Supergirl so the Arrowverse is a bit slim-pickings for it's Tenth Year. 

Interesting, I never knew of them ever crossing over or being considered in the same universe. I dont know if I like that or not. I actually really liked Swamp Thing as well. I think I just like the mature treatment of those shows over the CW ones and they feel better for whatever reason imo. Stargirl so far has been the only cw show I currently enjoy and it seems like alot of these shows were good for the first season or two and then something changes. 

technically not the Arrowverse until they acknowledge the multiverse is back

even Superman & Lois seems to be in a different universe with that Cave-fortress of Solitude which is completely different than the Supergirl version

in any case I am not a fan of their Starfire & Blackfire ..."oh let's have alien body-snatchers" idea

or Grayson breaking the law & then having no consequences follow him

or old man Batman who really should have been Alfred because his accent is way off