Ben Affleck Set To Reprise His Role As 'Bruce Wayne' In 'The Flash' Movie

Outsiders

Vanity Fair is reporting that Ben Affleck will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming big-screen version of The Flash.

The Flash movie is being directed by Andy Muschietti (Stephen King’s It and It Chapter Two) and will feature fast-moving hyper-hero Barry Allen, played by Ezra Miller, breaking the bonds of physics to crash into various parallel dimensions, where he’ll encounter slightly different versions of DC’s classic heroes. It’s an adaptation of DC’s 2011 Flashpoint series of comic book crossovers.  The project is set for a 2022 release.

“His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity—because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline —but he’s also very vulnerable,” Muschietti said in an interview. “He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance.”

“He’s a very substantial part of the emotional impact of the movie. The interaction and relationship between Barry and Affleck’s Wayne will bring an emotional level that we haven’t seen before,” the director added. "It’s Barry’s movie, it’s Barry’s story, but their characters are more related than we think. They both lost their mothers to murder, and that’s one of the emotional vessels of the movie. That’s where the Affleck Batman kicks in.”

“I’m glad to be collaborating with someone who has been on both sides of the camera, too,” Muschietti said. “He understands.”

As for the storyline, Michael Keaton’s Batman from the 1989 Tim Burton film is also set to appear in what Muschietti said was a “substantial” part.

Affleck's version of The Dark Knight is important to the DC’s movie universe as Affleck’s gray-templed Bruce Wayne is the one Ezra's Flash would consider “the original Batman,” the Batman that The Flkash had already fought alongside.  Muschietti said it wouldn’t work as well for him to venture into the company of other Batmen without having Affleck as the starting point. “He’s the baseline. He’s part of that unaltered state before we jump into Barry’s adventure,” the director said. “There's a familiarity there.”

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

sounds cool, I liked Ben as Batman, I like Keaton as Batman, I also like Andy Muschietti , but wasn't Ezra Miller fired?

Who knows anymore?  Obviously not, but there are too many moving pieces and WB rarely announces when a DC asset (be it an actor, a director, or a movie) is cancelled.

According to this Miller is back onboard. I didnt particularly like him as the Flash but he wasnt terrible. I am however glad to hear Ben is back and always liked MIcheal Keaton too. Wonder if Keaton is portraying Thomas Wayne or did they change it up for the movie. This is one movie I will be looking forward to seeing.

I loved Keaton's Batman and he comes in a close 2nd, but Ben is the best Batman of all time. He was a bit too douche for Daredevil, but Ben has just the right amount of Ben-ness to be Bruce Wayne/Batman. He is Batman. I hope it's a permanent thing and he's not just returning for this movie only.

As far as the Ezra Miller thing, I think everyone pretty much realized he was just playing along with the woman and it got outta control. The girl was totally part of the act but decided to play out the assault for attention and monetary gain. I'm one of the biggest haters of how many Hollywood types behave off the screen, but even I could see the only thing Miller was guilty of is being a weirdo and letting himself get caught up doing something stupid with the camera rolling.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, silverback77346 said:

According to this Miller is back onboard. I didnt particularly like him as the Flash but he wasnt terrible. I am however glad to hear Ben is back and always liked MIcheal Keaton too. Wonder if Keaton is portraying Thomas Wayne or did they change it up for the movie. This is one movie I will be looking forward to seeing.

Everything says that Keaton will be reprising his role as Bruce Wayne from Batman and Batman Returns.  So it sounds like he's an older version of Bruce Wayne, not Thomas Wayne, and the Tim Burton universe is the alternate timeline the Flashpoint creates.  Or they're going to be messing with the Multiverse.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Satam said:

Who knows anymore?  Obviously not, but there are too many moving pieces and WB rarely announces when a DC asset (be it an actor, a director, or a movie) is cancelled.

Yes this is true, I mean I still remember when earlier last year they had a list of like some 50 movies at one point that were all apparently in the works, but never mentioned as time went on any of the current status's of any of them.. honestly it seemed daunting and ridiculous, as I usually say I think these companies need to relax, not everything needs to be scripted up and made into a movie.. quality over quanitity seems to be a non existent thing for them.

they just want to compete with marvel so badly it looks pathetic, it's cool DC you are not marvel.. stop trying

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/upcoming-dc-movies-whats-next-for-batman-superman-wonder-woman-and-more-102407.html

https://collider.com/upcoming-dc-movies/#green-lantern-corps

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:11 PM, Satam said:

The whole thing sounds like the dumpster fire that is CWs Batwoman. It baffles me that anyone would even want to consider a movie, based upon the incoherent botched mess of what we've seen so far...and Warner/AT&T seems to be fine without having an established connected "universe", allowing the only two good titles so far, Wonder Woman and Aquaman, to exist as stand-alone projects.

There's no need to try to compete with the MCU, but try telling some execs (and fans) that.

• 2 weeks later...