McFarlane Toys DC Mulltiverse Chase Arkham Joker Figure Revealed - Bronze

JayC

Last month McFarlane Toys announced that new DC Multiverse Chase figures where coming and they showed blacked out images for an Arkham Joker and Arkham Origins Deathstroke figure.

Well it looks like the Joker figure has already started showing up at Target stores, and it's not what anyone was really expecting. Turns out instead of being some kind of bloody variant many were hoping for, they simply repainted the figure with a bronze paint. The headsculpt appears to be new as well.

You can check out images of the figure below via eBay, though despite that sellers hope this is one of a kind figure, it's not. It is showing up at Target stores now, and from the number of reports I am already seeing for the figure, my guess is that it will be as common to get as the blue and grey BTAS variant Batman figure also on shelves now at Targets. We are told the DCPI# for the figure is 323-011-071, though on Brickseek that number comes up as something else. The UPC# on the packaging appears to be the same as the regular Arkham Joker figure.
Since Joker is Bronze, that likely means the Deathstroke chase figure also teased by McFarlane will be bronze as well. Thanks to everyone who wrote in about this one.

Bronze-Joker-01.jpg

Bronze-Joker-02.jpg

Bronze-Joker-03.jpg

Bronze-Joker-04.jpg

Bronze-Joker-05.jpg

Bronze-Joker-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MRT said:

Why is he bronze? I didn't play the last game, is there a bronze statue of him there?

Bronze figures just like sometimes silver is a thing companies do for chase variants like this. I don't get the appeal but not a terribly uncommon thing to see.

Not a fan of this kind of variant.  I was on the fence before but this makes it official that I won’t be a completist for this line.  That being the case I think I might return the Arrow and 2 Animated Batman figures next time I go to the store.  I wasn’t that hyped for those 3 so hadn’t opened them yet but picked them up thinking maybe I would want to be a completist for the line like I was with Mattel.  

Seems very McFarlane , remember back in the days the Spawn figures would get Gold/Bronze repaints as more limited variants, so this seems like Todd harkening back to his roots in figure making, kinda cool actually, no interest in the figure but it's fun that it reminds me of the early McFarlane figure days

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is kinda cool and everything... but I dunno... I dislike the idea of variants now more than ever with how scalping is making it near impossible to find everything we want. So even if I don't like this variant in particular, when they announce a variant I want... I'll be SOL anyway... so what's the point?

We first told you about this figure earlier this month, but now the folks at McFarlane Toys has released official images and info for their DC Multiverse Arkham Asylum Joker Bronze Edition Chase figure. In the press release they state this Joker figure will be limited to 3,000 worldwide and randomly packed into DC Multiverse cases shipping to retailers globally.

Joker won't be the last chase figure McFarlane Toys does as they have announced starting in 2021 they will be launching the McFarlane Platinum Edition program. These limited paint variation figures will expand across all their action figure properties and feature the figures in packaging with a McFarlane Platinum Edition label printed in foil.

Read the entire press release below:

In July, during McFarlane Con, McFarlane Toys teased a new chase program coming soon. The new chase program officially is called McFarlane Platinum Edition. McFarlane Toys has designed the new chase program to create a line of collectibles that will excite all collectors and become a valued part of your McFarlane Toys collection.

The first figure to release from this program is the Arkham Asylum Joker Bronze Edition, and it will be hitting retailers in September 2020. The Arkham Asylum Joker Bronze Edition figure is limited in production – only 3,000 produced worldwide - and has been randomly packed into DC Multiverse cases shipping to retailers globally.

In 2021, all chase figures released in the McFarlane Platinum Edition program will be showcased in limited-edition packaging with a McFarlane Platinum Edition label printed in foil.

Every McFarlane Platinum Edition figure will be highly limited in quantity and feature a rare paint variation. It will extend across all of McFarlane Toys’ world-class and fan-favorite entertainment and pop culture brands to bring the “chase’ of collecting back to fans everywhere!

There will be several more rare chase figures releasing in 2020.

Joker(Bronze)_Packaging03__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_Packaging02__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_Packaging01__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_All__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_06__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_05__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_04__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_03__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_02__scaled_600.jpg

Joker(Bronze)_01__scaled_600.jpg

Several companies are doing this chase variant...even the free toys in our supermarkets has this chase figures which get sold for a ridiculously high price in ebay.....It's a bit hard to collect this chase because having a bronze version standing next to regular ones seem to be a little bit lonely...you need to collect all chase figures then

• 2 weeks later...