NECA TMNT Animated Series Deluxe Metalhead Going Up For Pre-Order On NECA's Website For 1 Week

JayC

NECA has announced that they will be taking pre-order's for the Target exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Metalhead figure on their own website for both US and International folks starting on 8/14 at 12pm ET. The pre-order will last until Friday 8/21 at 11am ET. This will be done as a made to order type deal which means you won't have to worry about it selling out in seconds. They will be limited to two per household and will ship out to folks in November. You have to pay up front when you pre-order.

The figure I guess is still technically considered a Target exclusive so you might still find them on shelves there, but this will be a much easier way to get the figure for those who don't have Target's nearby or stock NECA stuff very well. We assume the figure will still cost $30 as it does at Target stores, however you will have to pay shipping which seems to average for those in the US around $12-$22 depending on where you live. That is what shipping was running for the Movie Deluxe Super Shredder that sold on their site earlier this week.

The TMNT Movie Replica Casey Jones Mask will also be available for pre-order at the same time.

Metalhead-Package-01__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JayC said:
NECA has announced that they will be taking pre-order's for the Target exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Metalhead figure on their own website for both US and International folks starting on 8/14 at 12pm ET. The pre-order will last until Friday 8/21 at 11am ET. This will be done as a made to order type deal which means you won't have to worry about it selling out in seconds. They will be limited to two per household and will ship out to folks in November. You have to pay up front when you pre-order.

The figure I guess is still technically considered a Target exclusive so you might still find them on shelves there, but this will be a much easier way to get the figure for those who don't have Target's nearby or stock NECA stuff very well. We assume the figure will still cost $30 as it does at Target stores, however you will have to pay shipping which seems to average for those in the US around $12-$22 depending on where you live. That is what shipping was running for the Movie Deluxe Super Shredder that sold on their site earlier this week.

The TMNT Movie Replica Casey Jones Mask will also be available for pre-order at the same time.

Metalhead-Package-01__scaled_600.jpg

This is awesome... I will get/buy it tomorrow...

I've got mine already, but it IS nice to know there's an alternative for those not so lucky. Who knows, maybe if this works out for them, they'll offer more animated figures on-site.

Just not wild about that shipping fee.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, shigeoj24 said:

FYI, the little on/off switch on the back of Metalhead is very fragile and easy to break.  My Metalhead fell over and nob broke off.  So hoping that there's a running change on this release.

I've hear that is a common problem. NECA's figures are notorious for being delicate to say the least.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JayC said:

I've hear that is a common problem. NECA's figures are notorious for being delicate to say the least.

Haven't had any trouble like that (I use kid gloves handling my Necas), unfortunately that didn't stop the loop on one of Michelangelo's nunchuks from breaking. Until I can find another, a sloppy fix with hot-glue has fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

It will be curious to see if this drives down the prices of the ones on eBay.

I'm sure it will, but I don't think it will be major drop. But over time, I feel the eBay prices will rise again as I'm sure there will be a good amount of collectors that will miss out on this preorder for various reasons.

I'm happy that NECA is doing this despite the cost of shipping, as I am always trying to avoid paying the secondary market prices.    I'll definitely be picking up both figures.   However, I wish they were pre-selling the Casey and Raph 2 pack, instead the Masked Casey.   Of course, this will probably mean that NECA as secured the rights to the likeness of the actor who played Casey Jones and an unmasked version of Casey will come out sometime next year. My hope the unmasked Casey Jones is a 2 pack with April O'Neil. 

I hope NECA will do a pre-sell on the restocking of Bebop and Rocksteady.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

The ring on the belt or my Bebop snapped off right out of the package.

I didn't have those issues but the hip swivels on mine are locked solid. I do have a foot soldier with a broken arm at the bicep.

• Thanks 1

With the Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the only "essential" i need is Splinter and April. Everyone else is gravy so I'm not gonna preorder (and that shipping is killer). I'll bite if I see them in the wild at a decent price though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRT said:

With the Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the only "essential" i need is Splinter and April. Everyone else is gravy so I'm not gonna preorder (and that shipping is killer). I'll bite if I see them in the wild at a decent price though.

Seriously??  Scientist Baxter Stockman was a major early main villain, and Baxter-Fly had numerous return appearances?  He's not in your must-have list?? 😲

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

I’ve always heard that but luckily so far out of my hundreds of NECA figures I’ve only ever had one figure (a xenomorph) break.  Knock on wood.  

For me both Diamond and DC Collectibles has given me more problems (particularly with their accessories).  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shigeoj24 said:

FYI, the little on/off switch on the back of Metalhead is very fragile and easy to break.  My Metalhead fell over and nob broke off.  So hoping that there's a running change on this release.

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.  Is the switch/knob intended to move?  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Batman1701 said:

Seriously??  Scientist Baxter Stockman was a major early main villain, and Baxter-Fly had numerous return appearances?  He's not in your must-have list?? 😲

Yeah he does. just not a big a fan of him i guess... I AM hoping he's the one who comes with Splinter though :D

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.  Is the switch/knob intended to move?  

Yeah, it moves up and down.  Good idea in theory but just bad in execution.  Maybe a softer and more flexible plastic would have been better.

• Thanks 1

Pre-order is live. Looks like shipping is a little better on this one. Says I would only have to pay $14 for shipping on this one. The Super Shredder I was gonna have to pay $22.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

Pre-order is live. Looks like shipping is a little better on this one. Says I would only have to pay $14 for shipping on this one. The Super Shredder I was gonna have to pay $22.

Woohoo... I was able to finally pre-order Metal Head... This is great 👍👌😊

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, JayC said:

It will be curious to see if this drives down the prices of the ones on eBay.

I sure hope they go down in price! I preordered one today and think NECA made a smart business move, why let the scalpers capitalize when they can increase production and get money from collectors who are more than willing to pay fair market price. Also it instills confidence in the collecting community that they care about our opinion.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
NECA sent out this email with a shipping update for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze - Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack, Super Shredder and Animated Series Metalhead figures. This is for folks who pre-ordered these things directly from NECA's website earlier this year. I got the email because I pre-ordered the Metalhead. If you pre-ordered one of these items then you likely have gotten a similar email.

Thank you for your pre-order of one of our TMNT sets.

Currently we are shipping out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze - Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack in waves, but other packs including the Metalhead & Super Shredder will be immediately following over the next few weeks. At this time, we do not know when any individual order will be shipped, but that all the orders will be shipped soon and we are confident that all the orders should be shipped by the end of the month.

Please be patient while we are working on this. Due to the size of these shipments, we are experiencing some delay in automated emails containing tracking information. We are working on mitigating the delay so that the emails will go out faster, but please rest assured you will be emailed with tracking information.

Additionally, as you have heard in the media, there are currently shipping delays across the country. This is having an affect on both when we receive your items and when they are being picked up from our DC for transport to you.

Please be patient while your orders are in transit.

Please note that the pre-orders for the TMNT 1990 Accessory Set and Cartoon Diorama are expected to arrive in Q1 2021 and are not part of these waves of shipments.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
NECA sent out a new email today to those who have pre-ordered one of their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles products last year directly on their website. They state that things continue to ship out slowly due to the shipping delays that have been going on across the country this past month, but steadily.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze - Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Casey & Raphael 2-Pack continue to ship out in waves to people and will soon be followed by the Metalhead & Super Shredder over the next few weeks. They hope to have all of these completely shipped out by mid-January and February.

They also noted that the following pre-orders will not part of these waves of shipments and should be shipping at the following times:

Slash & Leatherhead 2-Pack - February 2021
TMNT 1990 Accessory Set - Q1 2021
Cartoon Diorama - Q1 2021
Rocksteady and Bebop 2-Pack - Q2 2021
  • Thanks 1