Jump to content
JayC

NECA TMNT Animated Series Deluxe Metalhead Going Up For Pre-Order On NECA's Website For 1 Week

Recommended Posts

NECA has announced that they will be taking pre-order's for the Target exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Metalhead figure on their own website for both US and International folks starting on 8/14 at 12pm ET. The pre-order will last until Friday 8/21 at 11am ET. This will be done as a made to order type deal which means you won't have to worry about it selling out in seconds. They will be limited to two per household and will ship out to folks in November. You have to pay up front when you pre-order.

The figure I guess is still technically considered a Target exclusive so you might still find them on shelves there, but this will be a much easier way to get the figure for those who don't have Target's nearby or stock NECA stuff very well. We assume the figure will still cost $30 as it does at Target stores, however you will have to pay shipping which seems to average for those in the US around $12-$22 depending on where you live. That is what shipping was running for the Movie Deluxe Super Shredder that sold on their site earlier this week.

The TMNT Movie Replica Casey Jones Mask will also be available for pre-order at the same time.

Metalhead-Package-01__scaled_600.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JayC said:
NECA has announced that they will be taking pre-order's for the Target exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Metalhead figure on their own website for both US and International folks starting on 8/14 at 12pm ET. The pre-order will last until Friday 8/21 at 11am ET. This will be done as a made to order type deal which means you won't have to worry about it selling out in seconds. They will be limited to two per household and will ship out to folks in November. You have to pay up front when you pre-order.

The figure I guess is still technically considered a Target exclusive so you might still find them on shelves there, but this will be a much easier way to get the figure for those who don't have Target's nearby or stock NECA stuff very well. We assume the figure will still cost $30 as it does at Target stores, however you will have to pay shipping which seems to average for those in the US around $12-$22 depending on where you live. That is what shipping was running for the Movie Deluxe Super Shredder that sold on their site earlier this week.

The TMNT Movie Replica Casey Jones Mask will also be available for pre-order at the same time.

Metalhead-Package-01__scaled_600.jpg

This is awesome... I will get/buy it tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got mine already, but it IS nice to know there's an alternative for those not so lucky. Who knows, maybe if this works out for them, they'll offer more animated figures on-site.

Just not wild about that shipping fee.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, the little on/off switch on the back of Metalhead is very fragile and easy to break.  My Metalhead fell over and nob broke off.  So hoping that there's a running change on this release.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be curious to see if this drives down the prices of the ones on eBay.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, shigeoj24 said:

FYI, the little on/off switch on the back of Metalhead is very fragile and easy to break.  My Metalhead fell over and nob broke off.  So hoping that there's a running change on this release.

I've hear that is a common problem. NECA's figures are notorious for being delicate to say the least.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JayC said:

I've hear that is a common problem. NECA's figures are notorious for being delicate to say the least.

Haven't had any trouble like that (I use kid gloves handling my Necas), unfortunately that didn't stop the loop on one of Michelangelo's nunchuks from breaking. Until I can find another, a sloppy fix with hot-glue has fixed the issue.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ring on the belt or my Bebop snapped off right out of the package.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

It will be curious to see if this drives down the prices of the ones on eBay.

I'm sure it will, but I don't think it will be major drop. But over time, I feel the eBay prices will rise again as I'm sure there will be a good amount of collectors that will miss out on this preorder for various reasons.

I'm happy that NECA is doing this despite the cost of shipping, as I am always trying to avoid paying the secondary market prices.    I'll definitely be picking up both figures.   However, I wish they were pre-selling the Casey and Raph 2 pack, instead the Masked Casey.   Of course, this will probably mean that NECA as secured the rights to the likeness of the actor who played Casey Jones and an unmasked version of Casey will come out sometime next year. My hope the unmasked Casey Jones is a 2 pack with April O'Neil. 

I hope NECA will do a pre-sell on the restocking of Bebop and Rocksteady.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayC said:

The ring on the belt or my Bebop snapped off right out of the package.

I didn't have those issues but the hip swivels on mine are locked solid. I do have a foot soldier with a broken arm at the bicep.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the only "essential" i need is Splinter and April. Everyone else is gravy so I'm not gonna preorder (and that shipping is killer). I'll bite if I see them in the wild at a decent price though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRT said:

With the Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, the only "essential" i need is Splinter and April. Everyone else is gravy so I'm not gonna preorder (and that shipping is killer). I'll bite if I see them in the wild at a decent price though.

Seriously??  Scientist Baxter Stockman was a major early main villain, and Baxter-Fly had numerous return appearances?  He's not in your must-have list?? 😲

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JayC said:

I've hear that is a common problem. NECA's figures are notorious for being delicate to say the least.

I’ve always heard that but luckily so far out of my hundreds of NECA figures I’ve only ever had one figure (a xenomorph) break.  Knock on wood.  
 

For me both Diamond and DC Collectibles has given me more problems (particularly with their accessories).  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shigeoj24 said:

FYI, the little on/off switch on the back of Metalhead is very fragile and easy to break.  My Metalhead fell over and nob broke off.  So hoping that there's a running change on this release.

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.  Is the switch/knob intended to move?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Batman1701 said:

Seriously??  Scientist Baxter Stockman was a major early main villain, and Baxter-Fly had numerous return appearances?  He's not in your must-have list?? 😲

Yeah he does. just not a big a fan of him i guess... I AM hoping he's the one who comes with Splinter though :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.  Is the switch/knob intended to move?  

Yeah, it moves up and down.  Good idea in theory but just bad in execution.  Maybe a softer and more flexible plastic would have been better.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-order is live. Looks like shipping is a little better on this one. Says I would only have to pay $14 for shipping on this one. The Super Shredder I was gonna have to pay $22.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JayC said:

Pre-order is live. Looks like shipping is a little better on this one. Says I would only have to pay $14 for shipping on this one. The Super Shredder I was gonna have to pay $22.

Woohoo... I was able to finally pre-order Metal Head... This is great 👍👌😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, JayC said:

It will be curious to see if this drives down the prices of the ones on eBay.

I sure hope they go down in price! I preordered one today and think NECA made a smart business move, why let the scalpers capitalize when they can increase production and get money from collectors who are more than willing to pay fair market price. Also it instills confidence in the collecting community that they care about our opinion.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE