New 5" BST AXN Articulated Action Figures From Loyal Subjects - Big Trouble In Little Chnia, LOTR, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto And More

JayC

Not for anything, but has anyone really asked for 5 inch LOTR figures?  

I don't think anything will ever come close to the Toybiz line and I don't expect it too since there are no films to support the line.  We will probably get less figures that the Hobbit franchise.  

11 hours ago, DrewK said:

Not for anything, but has anyone really asked for 5 inch LOTR figures?  

I don't think anything will ever come close to the Toybiz line and I don't expect it too since there are no films to support the line.  We will probably get less figures that the Hobbit franchise.  

It's part of a bigger line comprised of many different properties that are popular in pop culture enthusiast circles. It's basically like Super7's Reaction line except they're a bit larger and feature double the articulation and are boxed instead of carded. There will be something for everyone, and there is a new LOTR series coming and a new game featuring everyone's favorite Precious spouting weirdo, so there will be a bit of demand for it probably.

• Like 1

We showed you these figures before, but the folks at Loyal Subjects continue to roll out new images for figures in their new 5" BST AXN line. While not a store exclusive, Walmart seems to be the primary place to find these figures right now and the ones should be on shelves by 10/15. This batch of images gives us new looks at the following figures:

-AC-DC Angus Young
-Big Trouble In Little China Lightning
-Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegel
-Cowboy Bebop Vicious
-Napoleon Dynamite

BEST-AXN-ACDC-01.jpg

BEST-AXN-ACDC-02.jpg

BEST-AXN-ACDC-03.jpg

BEST-AXN-ACDC-04.jpg

BEST-AXN-Big-Trouble-In-Little-China-01.jpg

BEST-AXN-Big-Trouble-In-Little-China-02.jpg

BEST-AXN-Big-Trouble-In-Little-China-03.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-01.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-02.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-03.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-04.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-05.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-06.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-07.jpg

BEST-AXN-Cowboy-Bebop-08.jpg

BEST-AXN-Napoleon-Dynamite-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I don't know if it's the picture but they look kind of plain.

They look very plain and very cheap, and I don't think it's just the pictures.  Another company, Character Options, which has been making 5" figures for Doctor Who, was leaps and bounds ahead of this stuff in terms of likenesses and detail from the very beginning more than twelve years ago.  These things seem to excel in terms of articulation, but as far as everything else goes, they are very very far behind.

• 4 months later...

I like that they are doing a Buffy, pretty strange character selections from this line, I actually think it's pretty rad to see such a variety, I don't like the scale wish they were 6' , but I am interested to see what the buffy ends up looking like, just for fun I'd probably grab it.

• Thanks 1