New 5" BST AXN Articulated Action Figures From Loyal Subjects - Big Trouble In Little Chnia, LOTR, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto And More

JayC

We got our first glimpse of these back in February during Toy Fair. They are a new line of 5" articulated action figures called BST AXN that are being released by Loyal Subjects. At Toy Fair we were allowed to take pictures of their Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist figures, but they also had on hand their Naruto figures that we were not allowed to take images of. Since then however it seems Loyal Subjects has been hard at work expanding the line to include a number of additional figures from various properties. Thanks to the overseas etailer Games and Comics we have a look at quit a few of them. It should be noted many of the figures shown are possibly still early production samples of some kind. Shown below in our GALLERY are the following figures:

-AC/DC Angus Young
-Big Trouble In Little China Lightning
-Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegel
-Cowboy Bebop Vicious
-Fullmetal Alchemist Alphonse Elric
-Fullmetal Alchemist Edward Elric
-Guns N' Roses Slash
-KISS The Demon
-LOTR Gandalf
-Napoleon Dynamite
-Naruto Kakashi Hatake
-Naruto Naruto Uzumaki

It seems like a pretty random choice of characters being done. With ones like Gandalf from LOTR and Lightning from Big Trouble In Little China, it will be interesting to see if those are one and done figures or if they plan on flushing out those properties with more figures down the road. The figures do have accessories including weapons and multiple pairs of hands. It looks like the figures will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 each. It's unclear if these will only be made available online or if any major retailers will be picking them up. As more details become available we will be sure to update you.

ANX-01.jpg

ANX-02.jpg

ANX-03.jpg

ANX-05.jpg

ANX-06.jpg

ANX-07.jpg

ANX-08.jpg

ANX-09.jpg

ANX-10.jpg

ANX-11.jpg

ANX-12.jpg

ANX-14.jpg

ANX-15.jpg

ANX-16.jpg

ANX-17.jpg

ANX-18.jpg

ANX-19.jpg

ANX-20.jpg

ANX-21.jpg

ANX-22.jpg

ANX-23.jpg

ANX-24.jpg

ANX-25.jpg

ANX-26.jpg

ANX-27.jpg

ANX-28.jpg

ANX-29.jpg

ANX-30.jpg

ANX-31.jpg

ANX-32.jpg

ANX-33.jpg

ANX-34.jpg

ANX-35.jpg

ANX-36.jpg

ANX-37.jpg

ANX-38.jpg

ANX-39.jpg

ANX-40.jpg

• Thanks 1

Big trouble little China is one of my favorite movies as a kid still love it I am very surprised to see BTLC figures really just mind blowing Unexpected 

• Thanks 1

Yeah Jack Burton is a man's man This line has to be the most outrageous random line of figures you got Naruto Acdc Kizz Lotr Napoleon Dynamite Cowboy bebop Full Metal  $15 dollars each they don't look bad

• Thanks 1

I’d be really into the Cowboy Bebop figures if I was confident this line was going to complete the entire cast and not just do the same 2 characters as one offs.  

Big Trouble in Little China also looks interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

these look really cool, I'd be really interested in collecting a full line of Big Trouble figures and LOTR's if they look this good, but I also really just can't say I'm excited about the fact these are 5'' , If these were just an inch bigger I'd be jumping on them but I also wouldn't want to buy some of these and find out they never make the rest of the characters, guess we will have to wait and see how in reality these scale and if they can commit to giving us these property's in their entireity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

They look cool but, why 5"? Also why lightning before Jack Burton.

I can't asnwer the first question but the answer to the second is almost certainly that they haven't gotten the likeness rights for Kurt Russell as Jack Burton yet. I think it's pretty obvious that they haven't obtained the rights to James Pax's likness, either, but people seem less likely to notice that Lightning doesn't look like him than they would if Jack didn't look like Russell.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Satam said:

I can't asnwer the first question but the answer to the second is almost certainly that they haven't gotten the likeness rights for Kurt Russell as Jack Burton yet. I think it's pretty obvious that they haven't obtained the rights to James Pax's likness, either, but people seem less likely to notice that Lightning doesn't look like him than they would if Jack didn't look like Russell.

Well the Funko Reaction figure didn't look like Kurt Russell either so I don't see anything stopping this company on making a Jack Burton figure...

At least they can make it like the comic version...

https://in.pinterest.com/pin/308355905738180825

15 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well the Funko Reaction figure didn't look like Kurt Russell either so I don't see anything stopping this company on making a Jack Burton figure...

At least they can make it like the comic version...

https://in.pinterest.com/pin/308355905738180825

Funko Reaction figure is also quite a bit smaller and simpler than this one.  Also, comic book Jack still looks like a caricature of Kurt Russel, and so his people could potentially argue that a figure based off of it couldn't be sold without his permission.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Satam said:

Funko Reaction figure is also quite a bit smaller and simpler than this one.  Also, comic book Jack still looks like a caricature of Kurt Russel, and so his people could potentially argue that a figure based off of it couldn't be sold without his permission.

Well the Guardians of the Galaxy figure from Hasbro looks like his old persona... I don't think that will be an issue for this toy company to get the likeness with permissions from Kurt...

57 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well the Guardians of the Galaxy figure from Hasbro looks like his old persona... I don't think that will be an issue for this toy company to get the likeness with permissions from Kurt...

They might.  But they clearly haven't yet.  Also Loyal Subjects isn't Hasbro.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last month we showed you a bunch of the figures Loyal Subjects would be releasing for their new 5" BST AXN action figure line which includes the likes of Big Trouble In Little Chnia, LOTR, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and more.

Well now we can tell you that this line will be making it's debut at Walmart stores here in the United States with a release date of September 15. Looks like things will be kicking off with their Fullmetal Alchemist Alphonse Elric and Edward Elric figures.

Fullmetal-Alchemist-BstAXN-01.jpg

Fullmetal-Alchemist-BstAXN-02.jpg

Fullmetal-Alchemist-BstAXN-03.jpg

Fullmetal-Alchemist-BstAXN-04.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 1:07 PM, iRandom said:

I find that the more toys there are that are Wal-Mart exclusives, the less toys I buy. I guess Wal-Mart really does save you money.

They arent technically Walmart exclusives, Walmart is just the only main place carrying these right now. I believe Hot Topics might also be starting to carry them.

• Thanks 1

Loyal Subjects has released updated images for their new 5" BST AXN Naruto Kakashi Hatake and Uzumaki figures as well as Demon from KISS and Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings. These figures are said to have around 25 points of articulation and cost $15.99. All but the KISS figure should be hitting Walmart shelves now. The KISS figure is slated for release on October 17.

BSTAXN-01.jpg

BSTAXN-02.jpg

BSTAXN-03.jpg

BSTAXN-04.jpg

BSTAXN-05.jpg

BSTAXN-06.jpg

BSTAXN-07.jpg

BSTAXN-08.jpg

BSTAXN-09.jpg

BSTAXN-10.jpg

BSTAXN-11.jpg

BSTAXN-12.jpg

• Thanks 2

LOTR, Kiss and Naruto under same line, now this is something I could never imagine. They don't look too bad for 5 inch scale, but I guess pass for me. Although if they continue their eclectic franchise selection and it will have like Twin Peaks based figures I will get it for sure, in a way we do need line like this that can do franchises that are't strong enough to carry their own line. Wait, no, just realized they are also doing Napoleon Dynamite, I def want that figure.