NECA Announces TMNT 90's Movie April O'Neil Figure In The Works, Could An Unmasked Casey Jones Figure Be Far Behind?

JayC

NECA today along with Judith Hoag who played the character April O' Neil in the original 90's TMNT movie announced that a new April O' Neil figure featuring the actresses likeness would be coming. The figure like the recent Tokka & Rahzar 2-Pack will be put up for pre-order and be done made to order so you won't have to worry about it selling out. Specific details about the pre-order will come at a later date.

Look for Judith to post production stages of the figure on her own YouTube in the coming days.

With a April O' Neil figure in the works, could an unmasked Casey Jones figure be far behind? Actor Elias Koteas who played Casey recently indicated on social media that he was now open to the idea of having his likeness featured on a Casey Jones action figure. NECA had originally sculpted an unmasked head for Casey, but was unable to include it with the recently released 2-pack because they had not been able to secure the likeness rights. Seems like an April and Unmasked Casey 2-Pack could be the way to go, what do you think? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION.

AprilONeil-90's-movie.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yes Yes! this is the one that will complete the collection, even if I never get a Casey or Super Shredder, I'd be happy to just get April and I'm out of this line , but even better if it was a Casey + April 2 pack

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Satam said:

Judith Hoag was only in the first movie.  Paige Turco took over the role in the second film and also played April in the third.

yeah and she is the definitive Movie April to me, I don't care about a Paige Turco figure.. Just Judith , Paige was a cheap stand in to me , even though she was in more movies haha

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah and she is the definitive Movie April to me, I don't care about a Paige Turco figure.. Just Judith , Paige was a cheap stand in to me , even though she was in more movies haha

I actually like Paige Turco, but I don't totally disagree with you and prefer Judith Hoag, as well.  Just correcting something I read above...which maybe I should have quoted or tagged Jay, but I didn't.

• Thanks 1

Yes, we do want an April, certainly.  With an optional yellow raincoat, Raph's sai, one of Donnie's bos, her combat carry-all bag, a news microphone, and a bottle of Turtle Wax for Mikey.
<P>
But . . . and I cannot stress this enough . . . I NEED A TATSU!!  In, like, a Foot Clan army builder pack, three Foot Ninjas (maybe one of them the unmasked Freddy the Foot, the spy in April's news crew in "Secret of the Ooze") and Tatsu leading them!
<P>
And a Keno and maybe even Danny and Doctor Perry wouldn't hurt either. *LOL*

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I don't play favorites, I thought both Aprils were awesome. I sincerely hope we get each eventually.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

Yes, we do want an April, certainly.  With an optional yellow raincoat, Raph's sai, one of Donnie's bos, her combat carry-all bag, a news microphone, and a bottle of Turtle Wax for Mikey.
<P>
But . . . and I cannot stress this enough . . . I NEED A TATSU!!  In, like, a Foot Clan army builder pack, three Foot Ninjas (maybe one of them the unmasked Freddy the Foot, the spy in April's news crew in "Secret of the Ooze") and Tatsu leading them!
<P>
And a Keno and maybe even Danny and Doctor Perry wouldn't hurt either. *LOL*

Tatsu, huh. Okay, but how about in a two-pack with that un-masked Casey everybody's waiting for. They could even throw in an alternate "beaten up" head for Casey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mako said:

Tatsu, huh. Okay, but how about in a two-pack with that un-masked Casey everybody's waiting for. They could even throw in an alternate "beaten up" head for Casey.

I like that.  I like that a lot.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, MisterSkeezler said:

I'll buy that for sure. This would be a great opportunity to get unmasked Casey Jones with her as a 2-pack.

That would be perfect for me since I haven't been able to track down the Casey and Raph 2 pack.

I'll definitely pick up April if it's easy enough to order.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

I'll definitely pick up April if it's easy enough to order.

Well, its being done "made to order," so unless they make you jump through some ridiculous hoop, I don't foresee any trouble. Or, at least that's what I'm hoping. I mean, I'm gonna get it, and I don't even collect the movie TMNTs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, mako said:

Eh, I feel like unmasked Casey should be packaged with farm tank-top "lead the way, princess!" April. :D  But I totally think they should include an beat-up unmasked Casey head in the Tatsu-Foot pack I suggested, kinda like how Marvel Legends sometimes include heads for other figures in with some of their exclusives.
<P>
But really, any way I get me a Tatsu, I'm happy!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
Judith Hoag who played April O'Neil in the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has posted a video giving a behind-the-scenes look at the 7" figure NECA is currently working on based on her April character. This is one of 3 videos she will be releasing over the course of the figures production. The figure was announced to be in the works by NECA last year. No other details on when the figure will actually be released have been revealed yet, but you can check out the video as well as some prototype images for the figure below.

NECA-TMNT-Proto-April-Judith-Hoag04.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Proto-April-Judith-Hoag03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Proto-April-Judith-Hoag02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Proto-April-Judith-Hoag01.jpg

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

so nice to see finally this figure getting put together, I just hope there isn't some BS way to get this, please no exclusives, no lootbox, no multipack with a figure we already have. just give us April!

• Thanks 1

Another figure with knees, and yet, can't sit down.

Granted, I could be wrong, and they find a way to give us a softer plastic skirt . . . but who am I kidding. They made her, I gotta have one no matter how impaired her articulation may be.

• Thanks 1

We are getting Danny.  Or, at least I am.  Preordered the Lootcrate.  Tatsu is all that's left.  I really don't think we need a Charles Pennington or Chief Sterns.  I really don't care if they make Keno.  I'd rather just be able to find the actual turtles instead of having to make due with Chinese bootlegs.

• Thanks 1