NECA Announces TMNT 90's Movie April O'Neil Figure In The Works, Could An Unmasked Casey Jones Figure Be Far Behind?

JayC

Judith Hoag who played April O'Neil in the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has posted second video giving a behind-the-scenes look at the 7" figure NECA is currently working on based on her April character. This is one of 3 videos they will be releasing over the course of the month of April for Turtle Tuesday. The figure was announced to be in the works by NECA last year. In this new video Judith talks about how articulation is added to the figure as well as painting the figure. We also get a glimpse at the unmasked movie Casey Jones headsculpt we have heard NECA reference before. It's possible April could be released as a 2-pack with a new unmasked Casey Jones figure, but we will have to wait and see.

https://www.facebook.com/necaofficial/videos/799730973967104/

April-Movie-01.jpg

April-Movie-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ive been enjoying these NECA April/ Judith Hoag segments theyve been putting out. Its interesting going through the process. 

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Judith Hoag who played April O'Neil in the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has posted second video giving a behind-the-scenes look at the 7" figure NECA is currently working on based on her April character. This is one of 3 videos they will be releasing over the course of the month of April for Turtle Tuesday. The figure was announced to be in the works by NECA last year. In this new video Judith talks about how articulation is added to the figure as well as painting the figure. We also get a glimpse at the unmasked movie Casey Jones headsculpt we have heard NECA reference before. It's possible April could be released as a 2-pack with a new unmasked Casey Jones figure, but we will have to wait and see.

https://www.facebook.com/necaofficial/videos/799730973967104/

April-Movie-01.jpg

April-Movie-02.jpg

Nice...I would get that pack for sure.😃✌️

On 4/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, Roadpigmaster said:

I really think they will make more than one version of April... Did she even showed in the yellow dress in the movie? If not in what other attires she was in the movie?

Yeah it would have been really cool if this version came with a Yellow Raincoat, hey maybe in the end it will.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah and she is the definitive Movie April to me, I don't care about a Paige Turco figure.. Just Judith , Paige was a cheap stand in to me , even though she was in more movies haha

Yeah but she was still cute too haha

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Satam said:

Judith Hoag was only in the first movie.  Paige Turco took over the role in the second film and also played April in the third.

I never really thought about it, but why did they recast April after Judith Hoag in the first movie? If Paige continued on with the next 2, was Judith hard to work for or get too big for her britches and wanted more money? I just find it interesting if any of that is the case and yet shes getting a figure. She is my preferred April as she did an excellent job in the first movie so Id hope it was more like she got pregnant and couldnt do the others instead. She seems like an exceptional person. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I never really thought about it, but why did they recast April after Judith Hoag in the first movie? If Paige continued on with the next 2, was Judith hard to work for or get too big for her britches and wanted more money? I just find it interesting if any of that is the case and yet shes getting a figure. She is my preferred April as she did an excellent job in the first movie so Id hope it was more like she got pregnant and couldnt do the others instead. She seems like an exceptional person. 

Judith Hoag complained about the violence in the movie, the cast's "grueling" six-day shoots, and the way non-union stunt performers were treated. The director also wanted her to wear April's iconic yellow jumpsuit, and she adamantly refused, with a rain coat in one scene being a "compromise."
Somewhat ironically, the director of the second movie felt no need to put Paige Turco in the yellow jumpsuit, and of course, the violence was toned down and made more cartoony for Secret of the Ooze after toy companies complained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Satam said:

Judith Hoag complained about the violence in the movie, the cast's "grueling" six-day shoots, and the way non-union stunt performers were treated. The director also wanted her to wear April's iconic yellow jumpsuit, and she adamantly refused, with a rain coat in one scene being a "compromise."
Somewhat ironically, the director of the second movie felt no need to put Paige Turco in the yellow jumpsuit, and of course, the violence was toned down and made more cartoony for Secret of the Ooze after toy companies complained.

Holy crap, I never even put 2 and 2 together with the raincoat trying to be the jumpsuit.. Sad she didnt don the suit, I never even thought about that haha. I bet Paige would have done it, she seemed like shed be down for that back in the day. I think its funny that they didnt give her red hair tho. That was always very off putting for me as a kid seeing that. Like WTF is this b****!? wut, shes APRIL NOW?! I guess thats why turtles 1 was so iconic even today. I do love Ooze just as much due to the muties but 1 just hits so good overall and a nice homage to tmnts dark origin. Thanks for the info, it definitely paints a more realistic picture for me. Seems it was much more in the middle of morality in what i was picturing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Holy crap, I never even put 2 and 2 together with the raincoat trying to be the jumpsuit.. Sad she didnt don the suit, I never even thought about that haha. I bet Paige would have done it, she seemed like shed be down for that back in the day. I think its funny that they didnt give her red hair tho. That was always very off putting for me as a kid seeing that. Like WTF is this b****!? wut, shes APRIL NOW?! I guess thats why turtles 1 was so iconic even today. I do love Ooze just as much due to the muties but 1 just hits so good overall and a nice homage to tmnts dark origin. Thanks for the info, it definitely paints a more realistic picture for me. Seems it was much more in the middle of morality in what i was picturing.

There's no need to disparage Paige Turco by calling her that, man. There's no need for it. And she did have red hair in Secret of the Ooze but because it wasn't her natural hair color, it's more apparent in some scenes and less in others. By the third movie, the next director just told her to forget dying her hair and couldn't care less about a lot of other things.
I like Judith Hoag, and I appreciate her performance in the first movie, but I also think it's pretty obvious Paige Turco bears a stronger resemblance to and was a better match for April's personality and chemistry with the turtles as far as what people were used to seeing in the cartoon. Acting-wise, I'd say both women are on the same level.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Satam said:

There's no need to disparage Paige Turco by calling her that, man. There's no need for it. And she did have red hair in Secret of the Ooze but because it wasn't her natural hair color, it's more apparent in some scenes and less in others. By the third movie, the next director just told her to forget dying her hair and couldn't care less about a lot of other things.
I like Judith Hoag, and I appreciate her performance in the first movie, but I also think it's pretty obvious Paige Turco bears a stronger resemblance to and was a better match for April's personality and chemistry with the turtles as far as what people were used to seeing in the cartoon. Acting-wise, I'd say both women are on the same level.

Correct on all counts, accept Paige's hair. It was always brunette in the Turtle movies. Also I don't really agree on her being the better match. I think they both did equally great in the role, it's just there were different values in place by the time Paige came on.

The first movie took place in a more grounded universe, so Judith was able to "paint the details." She could play April in a way you might see an actual real-life person react under those circumstances. Plus, she was meeting the Turtles for the first time. The comradery and familiarity aren't there yet.

By the time Paige came along, April and the Turtles were basically old pals and sharing an apartment. The movies were also going in a more cartoony direction, with Paige having very little to actually do (at least in Ooze) thus she was relegated to painting the broad strokes

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Satam said:

I wasnt meaning it as an insult, it was more of a first impression shock recreation. I didnt mind her as April but it was jarring to see a new person that didnt look or really act exactly like the previous or the established movie april in general. And at 10 years old, its like who is this? this is aprl now? what happened?! I was not discrediting her in any means. Honestly its like that when any actor gets replaced by another as the same character. I think both did a good job overall. But id say Judith looks the best as April over Paige as an April representation. Altho would be interesting if NECA does both. 

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I wasnt meaning it as an insult, it was more of a first impression shock recreation.

Understood. I felt the same way when I found out Buffy was going to be played by some upstart chick named Sarah Michelle whatever instead of Kristy Swanson (who I'd been crushing on since I saw Deadly Friend back in the day).

Now Gellar is forever the face of my ideal Buffy AND Daphne, and Swanson is forever the face of super-cute killer, girl-next-door cyber-chicks.*

* It's a small, but surprisingly brutal, niche.

When I was a kid I really didn't put much thought on 2 different actresses playing April, I personally think they both did good considering the movies. I only learned a few years back about people among them parents complaining about the violence in the first movie and that's why they toned it down in the second movie to the point where the Turtles barely used their signatures weapons.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Correct on all counts, accept Paige's hair. It was always brunette in the Turtle movies.

They had her dye it red for Secret of the Ooze, but because she's a natural brunette, it rarely looked that way. But rarely doesn't mean never.
https://i.imgur.com/ZQgCsWY.png

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Satam said:

They had her dye it red for Secret of the Ooze, but because she's a natural brunette, it rarely looked that way. But rarely doesn't mean never.
https://i.imgur.com/ZQgCsWY.png

If you say so, but I followed these movies pretty closely when they came out, and never heard anything like that. Remember, just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true.

I'll look all you want though . . . 😎

• Thanks 1

Judith Hoag who played April O'Neil in the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has posted second video giving a behind-the-scenes look at the 7" figure NECA is currently working on based on her April character. For this weeks video April goes over things like packaging.

TMNT-April-O-Neil-Packag-02.jpg

TMNT-April-O-Neil-Package-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

NECA and actress Judith Hoag have announced that the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie April O' Neil figure is now available for pre-order on NECA's webiste for both people in the US and International. The figure will be available for pre-order for 2 weeks. The figure is slated for release in August 2021. The regular release figure which will also eventually be released at Walmart stores will include alternate head and hands, Channel 3 microphone, purse, pizza stack, and sai accessories.

There is also being offered an NECA Store exclusive version that is limited to 2000 pieces. This limited-edition Signature version comes with alternate head and hands, Channel 3 microphone, purse, pizza stack, and sai accessories, plus April's trademark yellow raincoat and a full-size Channel 3 press pass signed by Judith herself!

The regular figure costs $29.99 and the limited version is selling for $99. Check out the official images below.

April-01.jpg

April-02.jpg

April-03.jpg

April-04.jpg

April-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Man those knees are ugly. They give her a creepy mannequin vibe. Other than that the figure looks good.

Another site revealed Casey jones unmasked portrait and it looks like they fixed his ugly elbows too.

• Thanks 1