New TMNT Movie Deluxe Super Shredder Images And Online Purchase Details - Plus A New Pre-Order Coming For The Target Metalhead?

JayC

5 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I noticed when I started reading it again more carefully...

By the way those codes doesn't show up nothing on that famous web site popfindr...

Try Brickseek.  Those numbers should work there.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Try Brickseek.  Those numbers should work there.  

That is correct. The figure was originally listed on Walmarts website back before things changed and NECA ended up selling it directly online.  The listing is still there but dont expect it to be available on Walmarts website. Only in physical stores and I think maybe next week is the earliest it might start showing up in stores.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Thanks for the name of the website man...

FYI, brickseek does not register NECA in store products correctly so dont expect to be able to use it in determining if your local store has it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayC said:

FYI, brickseek does not register NECA in store products correctly so dont expect to be able to use it in determining if your local store has it.

Oh ok, thanks for the advice JayC...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Nah, not really.  From what I see I’m the only one in the thread that was talking about shipping but as I said I tried to order and was going to pay that shipping but got locked out as I was trying to check out.  So shipping wasn’t what stopped me today—the instant sell out and website load time was.  But had it not sold out so quickly undoubtably I would have ended up buying it without noticing how much the shipping added to the total. It wasn’t until after it sold out and it was now too late to buy him anyway that I had a moment to stop and evaluate the new total once shipping gets added and how given this will be the price and (frustrating experience) paid for every figure in the line that I ended up deciding this price had become too high for this particular figure. But all this was more a decision about going forward.  The actual results of my day was that it sold out before I could finish checkout.   

How’d it go for you?  Did you manage to snag one?  

I was speaking more on terms of Social Media. I couldn't get one because I was at work when it went up. By the time I got home the sale came and went, a couple of times from what I hear. I opened Facebook and saw the fallout of the sale. While there were quite a few people expressing their frustration at not being able to buy the figure, I saw more posts of people that did managed to get one but were upset the shipping was around $20 for the figure. So it looks like putting the figure on NECA's website helped a bit but there is still room for improvement.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I was speaking more on terms of Social Media. I couldn't get one because I was at work when it went up. By the time I got home the sale came and went, a couple of times from what I hear. I opened Facebook and saw the fallout of the sale. While there were quite a few people expressing their frustration at not being able to buy the figure, I saw more posts of people that did managed to get one but were upset the shipping was around $20 for the figure. So it looks like putting the figure on NECA's website helped a bit but there is still room for improvement.

Ah, Got ya.  Yeah it is exposing a new issue seeing that price jump up due to the shipping.  I think part of it is that if it’s $20 for multiple items it’s a little easier to swallow since you can divide that cost across multiple figures but in this case it was all 100% carried on the back of one figure.  

I don’t know what NECA can and can’t do based on their agreements with Walmart and Nickelodeon but from a consumer perspective if it’s possible I’d think it would make a lot of sense to work with companies like BBTS where items can ship more cheaply or even be combined with other items in the pile of loot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, InspectorZartan said:

Ah, Got ya.  Yeah it is exposing a new issue seeing that price jump up due to the shipping.  I think part of it is that if it’s $20 for multiple items it’s a little easier to swallow since you can divide that cost across multiple figures but in this case it was all 100% carried on the back of one figure.  

I don’t know what NECA can and can’t do based on their agreements with Walmart and Nickelodeon but from a consumer perspective if it’s possible I’d think it would make a lot of sense to work with companies like BBTS where items can ship more cheaply or even be combined with other items in the pile of loot.  

I agree that a lot of these companies should work more with the e-tailers especially with our current climate where people are doing more online shopping.

• Thanks 1

Received an email announcing their Metalhead preorder opens up on Friday and will run for one week.  

Glad to see this but I’m being given a moment of pause due to the cost of shipping.  In my case I like the animated line more and Metalhead is more desirable than Super Shredder and therefore on one hand I’d be more prone to pay $50 for him.  On the other hand $50 is still a lot more than I was hoping/planning to pay.  That might not be as big of a deal in a different time but given the economic climate of 2020 paying almost double for Metalhead certainly means skipping other items I collect.  

Part of the conflict is just the complete uncertainty of this line.  It’s one thing to get stuck paying almost double on one figure missing from your collection or that once or twice a year random exclusive.  But this is seemingly how it is for the entire line where there are dozen of figures.  I’m still missing Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey, and April all of which are way more important to me than Metalhead so picking up Metalhead at almost double the price means I’m still missing all the others which means I ended up paying a lot more for a figure that is cool but not the one I wanted most and that doesn’t move me any closer to my goal really—or if NECA ends up going back and reoffering all the figures I’ve missed as preorders then that means paying $20+ more for each of them which will quickly add up to over spending hundreds of dollars.  

Not sure either option is desirable.  It’s too bad they can’t combine these items to ship together or partner with an e-tailed so they can just all ship for one price

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Received an email announcing their Metalhead preorder opens up on Friday and will run for one week.  

Glad to see this but I’m being given a moment of pause due to the cost of shipping.  In my case I like the animated line more and Metalhead is more desirable than Super Shredder and therefore on one hand I’d be more prone to pay $50 for him.  On the other hand $50 is still a lot more than I was hoping/planning to pay.  That might not be as big of a deal in a different time but given the economic climate of 2020 paying almost double for Metalhead certainly means skipping other items I collect.  

Part of the conflict is just the complete uncertainty of this line.  It’s one thing to get stuck paying almost double on one figure missing from your collection or that once or twice a year random exclusive.  But this is seemingly how it is for the entire line where there are dozen of figures.  I’m still missing Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey, and April all of which are way more important to me than Metalhead so picking up Metalhead at almost double the price means I’m still missing all the others which means I ended up paying a lot more for a figure that is cool but not the one I wanted most and that doesn’t move me any closer to my goal really—or if NECA ends up going back and reoffering all the figures I’ve missed as preorders then that means paying $20+ more for each of them which will quickly add up to over spending hundreds of dollars.  

Not sure either option is desirable.  It’s too bad they can’t combine these items to ship together or partner with an e-tailed so they can just all ship for one price

I've read that people were given a $5 discount code because the shipping cost for Super Shredder.  Some said they received after providing some type of customer feedback to NECA.  I did not get a discount code, perhaps because I didn't express any customer feedback or perhaps my shipping cost was around $13 instead of $20 because I live on the west coast.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

I've read that people were given a $5 discount code because the shipping cost for Super Shredder.  Some said they received after providing some type of customer feedback to NECA.  I did not get a discount code, perhaps because I didn't express any customer feedback or perhaps my shipping cost was around $13 instead of $20 because I live on the west coast.

Good to know.  Wish we knew that would be the case.  I ended up getting only as far as “into my cart“ with Super Shredder before he sold out so I didn’t get him but living in Los Angeles my shipping was about $15 which was still high in my book.  

But seeing as all my normal work in the film/television industry is current either non existent or remote I’m thinking of going to visit my Dad for 2 month starting November (he was supposed to come visit me for two months in the Spring after my Mom died but then Covid happened and nixed those plans).  That being the case I think future preorders might need to ship to his house in the Midwest since I won’t be here to get them.  That means I presume it will probably be closer to $20.  It also means anything I preorder might need to then also get paid to ship back to LA once my 2 month visit is over.  All this extra cost is playing a factor in my decision process.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Does anybody know the SKU# for Tokka and Razza?

There won’t really be one (I mean there will technically but it won’t show up anywhere)..  They were online only and made to order.  

• Thanks 1

Do we know when Metalhead will ship?  I’m going to be out of town early November through first week of January so I need to figure out which address this needs to ship to.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

There won’t really be one (I mean there will technically but it won’t show up anywhere)..  They were online only and made to order.  

There are not going to be sold at the Walmart stores?

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

There are not going to be sold at the Walmart stores?

Nope.  Not according to NECA.  They said with this set the deal with Walmart wasn’t final so given the problems with Walmart they were going to sell all of them themselves as preorders and just produce as many as people order.  This was also going to be their test case for seeing if this system works so they can consider doing larger items in the future if this is successful (ie a Turtle Van which would be too big for Walmart/Target to want).  

So they were NECA store exclusives instead of Walmart exclusives.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Nope.  Not according to NECA.  They said with this set the deal with Walmart wasn’t final so given the problems with Walmart they were going to sell all of them themselves as preorders and just produce as many as people order.  This was also going to be their test case for seeing if this system works so they can consider doing larger items in the future if this is successful (ie a Turtle Van which would be too big for Walmart/Target to want).  

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying.

10 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I think I remember Randy mentioning to pixeldan that tokka and rahzar were also too expensive and too big for walmart to want to stock as well. 

• Thanks 1

So I have just heard some really lame news in regards to NECA TMNT figures, it seems that online etailers here in Canada who ship to the US, have gotten their US shipping suspended for selling NECA TMNT figures to people in the US, apparently these figures from Canadian etailers are to be blocked to those buying from the US

this really is awful.. so NECA and Walmart/Target are being that much of mongers on their product, they know how in demand and the scarcity that and they clearly want to keep it that way, it seems crazy that it has come to this in the collector world.. that Canadian sellers are being banned from selling this product to people in the US, so that the stores keeping this as exclusives cannot be cut through, this really wowed me

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So I have just heard some really lame news in regards to NECA TMNT figures, it seems that online etailers here in Canada who ship to the US, have gotten their US shipping suspended for selling NECA TMNT figures to people in the US, apparently these figures from Canadian etailers are to be blocked to those buying from the US

this really is awful.. so NECA and Walmart/Target are being that much of mongers on their product, they know how in demand and the scarcity that and they clearly want to keep it that way, it seems crazy that it has come to this in the collector world.. that Canadian sellers are being banned from selling this product to people in the US, so that the stores keeping this as exclusives cannot be cut through, this really wowed me

Canadian etailers SHOULDN'T be allowed to sell TMNT figures here. Retailers in this country PAY for the right to sell those products. They earn their livelihood from it (and earning ANY livelihood is a lot tougher nowadays), they don't need foriegn competitors, who aren't even supposed to be selling said products here, undermining their business. The same thing holds true if Target started selling Neca TMNT stuff in Canada.

Remember, they're dealing with much deeper issues than whether you or I get that April O'Neil or Leatherhead.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mako said:

Canadian etailers SHOULDN'T be allowed to sell TMNT figures here. Retailers in this country PAY for the right to sell those products. They earn their livelihood from it (and earning ANY livelihood is a lot tougher nowadays), they don't need foriegn competitors, who aren't even supposed to be selling said products here, undermining their business. The same thing holds true if Target started selling Neca TMNT stuff in Canada.

Remember, they're dealing with much deeper issues than whether you or I get that April O'Neil or Leatherhead.

Sure fair enough, but I think that suspending someone's US shipping service because of something like this without a warning or reasoning is a bit of a cutthroat jab, also so what so a few people in the US who have been shafted into oblivion on these figures can't find a alternate source (not like the retailers are helping get these into the hands of collector with much hope it seems), I'm sure it's such a small percentage of US e-shoppers that even would think to buy from Canada, I have a feeling the damage would be small, and I also don't care... I don't want these figures I can get what I want, I'm saying for every one else. I just saw it all as another way to keep these figures in demand and scarce, you see this thread you know what's up.. it now just seems like it's all planned out, also what is really increasingly upsetting is that someone from said company is eagle eyeing little etailers in Canada to try and bring them down all for a TMNT exclusive, smells super petty and un collector friendly..from a company who is supposed to solely be about the collection.. that's all I'm saying

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sure fair enough, but I think that suspending someone's US shipping service because of something like this without a warning or reasoning is a bit of a cutthroat jab,

I'm not sure Target's employees would agree.

• Thanks 1