New TMNT Movie Deluxe Super Shredder Images And Online Purchase Details - Plus A New Pre-Order Coming For The Target Metalhead?

JayC

NECA has released new images for their upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Of The Ooze Deluxe Super Shredder figure as well as online purchase details.

In the US the figure is being released as a Walmart exclusive, however for online purchases you will be able to buy it through the NECA Store website. Starting on August 10th at 1pm EST, a limited quantity of this figure will be made available to the US and International customers in 20+ countries. All orders will be limited to 1 per person.

While the exact quantities of this figure being released have not been made public, NECA insists that the quantities have been significantly increased from previous TMNT Movie offerings from Walmart.

The figure will also be sold in physical Walmart stores around the same time, though we don't yet have an exact date for when they might start showing up there.

Walmart# 579002900, SKU# 269034699, UPC# 634482541289.

The figure at Walmart should cost $30, however it is unknown if the price through the NECA store will be the same or if it will be raised some. With some of NECA's other recent Walmart offerings, we've seen the online price be a bit higher than the in-store one.

In other related NECA TMNT news, NECA has recently indicated on their social media that if all goes well, folks will have an opportunity to pre-order the Target Exclusive TMNT Animated Series Deluxe Metalhead figure when it gets restocked soon.

While this doesn't seemingly appear to be something completely set in stone yet, it does appear NECA is continuing to at least try and make some of this stuff easier to get. It's unknown at this time if NECA plans to take these pre-order on their own website or if this will be offered through the Target website.

Hopefully it will be something offered through NECA's website as its a little more prepared against Scalper Bots than Target's own website is.

As more details on this become available, we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Super-Shredder-01.jpg

Super-Shredder-02.jpg

Super-Shredder-03.jpg

Super-Shredder-04.jpg

Super-Shredder-05.jpg

Super-Shredder-06.jpg

Super-Shredder-07.jpg

Super-Shredder-08.jpg

Super-Shredder-09.jpg

Super-Shredder-10.jpg

Super-Shredder-11.jpg

Super-Shredder-12.jpg

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JayC said:

In the US the figure is being released as a Walmart exclusive, however for online purchases you will be able to buy it through the NECA Store website. Starting on August 10th at 1pm EST, a limited quantity of this figure will be made available to the US and International customers in 20+ countries. All orders will be limited to 1 per person

I'll be at the NECA Facebook page at 1:30 on August 10th, popcorn in hand watching the fireworks. 

• Thanks 1

Well unless something's drastically changed with Neca's license, I'm pretty sure any Animated Turtle stuff still has to go through Target. Hence, Metalhead will probably be on Target's site.

On the bright side, it's nice to get confirmation Neca takes their Animated TMNT license seriously. There was a time I thought they didn't have time for anything that wasn't a character from a 30-40 year-old slasher flick.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Well unless something's drastically changed with Neca's license, I'm pretty sure any Animated Turtle stuff still has to go through Target. Hence, Metalhead will probably be on Target's site.

On the bright side, it's nice to get confirmation Neca takes their Animated TMNT license seriously. There was a time I thought they didn't have time for anything that wasn't a character from a 30-40 year-old slasher flick.

Probably, but the same was said for Walmart stuff originally and now NECA seems able to sell them on their own site, so who knows.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JayC said:

Probably, but the same was said for Walmart stuff originally and now NECA seems able to sell them on their own site, so who knows.

I hope they sell them at their site... I can't believe that from the cartoon titles I only have the 4 turtles and shredder and Crank figures only... No Bebop and Rocksteady yet my God...

Im definitely going to give my try in grabbing Super Shredder on Monday. fingers crossed. 

• Thanks 1

Welp so much for super shredder. I was on there early, put in cart, sat there for 5 mins, refreshing, no response, finally get to payment options and bam sold out. And here I thought I had a chance to 'win' the opportunity to buy something. Silly me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Welp so much for super shredder. I was on there early, put in cart, sat there for 5 mins, refreshing, no response, finally get to payment options and bam sold out. And here I thought I had a chance to 'win' the opportunity to buy something. Silly me.

What can you do? It's a Bizarro-World situation. Used to be, if you couldn't find such-and-such at brick-n-mortar, no worries, you could ALWAYS find it on-line (most of the time, cheaper). No more. Now stuff sells out in seconds, and your only real shot is finding it on the pegs. Kinda makes me proud to have stuck out being a physical store kinda guy for so many years.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mako said:

What can you do? It's a Bizarro-World situation. Used to be, if you couldn't find such-and-such at brick-n-mortar, no worries, you could ALWAYS find it on-line (most of the time, cheaper). No more. Now stuff sells out in seconds, and your only real shot is finding it on the pegs. Kinda makes me proud to have stuck out being a physical store kinda guy for so many years.

Im happy for you to be able to do that and be successful at it. For me, distribution is garbage and every time I would hunt, it would come up with nothing. Online is my literal only way of getting anything anymore. Most people right now are smart and staying home so it makes sense that online demand is not meeting up with supply but I was right there, on time, and their website just didnt want to work like everything these days when exclusives come up. So I accept I will not be getting a Super Shredder but of course im disappointed in this outcome. 

• Thanks 1

Well that didn’t go well for me.  Was pre signed in and ready to go.  Added to cart and went to check out at exactly 10AM Pacific.  Page was slow to load and then when it did “checkout” button was non responsive. Then finally responded at 10:03.  Next page showed almost a 50% cost increase due to shipping.  Didn’t really question it and was just pushing forward but then on the next page it was sold out.  This was at 10:04 after 3 minutes of the site being locked/frozen.

So didn’t get it but on reflection I’m ok with that.  As I’m thinking about it I’m not sure this figure is worth $45 to me.    I know it obviously costs them to ship it so I’m not complaining about that, but end of the day that shipping price is part of my overall cost and given the fact that Super Shredder isn’t as exciting to me as some other figures and it isn’t like he is “completing My collection” since I’m still missing Casey/Ralph and given the fact that since I don’t have a physical Walmart in my area I have zero chance of finding them in store thus my only hope is that NECA does a similar sale on their site where the Casey/Ralph ends up probably costing me $75 with shipping it’s just not worth it.  I’m happy with the movie figures I have from my SDCC sets, and happy with Tokka and Rahza coming.  I think that’s going to be it for me on movie figures unless NECA figures out a way to order all the missing figures with combined/cheaper shipping or is able to offer them via BBTS or Amazon or something where shipping is free.  But at the current cost and current hassle level I think I’m out when it comes to future movie figures.  

I’m still interested in the animated line though although for now getting them has still proven to be impossible.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Im happy for you to be able to do that and be successful at it. For me, distribution is garbage and every time I would hunt, it would come up with nothing.

Okay, no offense, but I've heard this same old song so much I'm sick of it. I tried to argue the point, just got sour grapes. So what-ever you say. The toy-hunters new mantra: "To Hard Don't Try."

Just don't act like I'm doing something strange and unnatural when I get out and actually find something.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mako said:

Okay, no offense, but I've heard this same old song so much I'm sick of it. I tried to argue the point, just got sour grapes. So what-ever you say. The toy-hunters new mantra: "To Hard Don't Try."

Just don't act like I'm doing something strange and unnatural when I get out and actually find something.

No offense taken. You do whatever works for you and are capable of doing. Im not currently capable of doing or being successful at going out 'hunting'. Toy hunting has become a game Im not as big a fan of as I used to be. It shouldnt be a hurdle to cross to buy something. And it also varies on your location compared to others. You may live in a big city where that stuff is growing on trees or you could be just really lucky at the areas you are at that dont have scalpers at ever corner. My area is filled with them and have been for years. Its grown tiresome and not worth the time and energy in the long run.

I do have a right to complain or be disappointed when something thats available online, where i followed all the rules, was on time and all that, to be just pushed aside and be denied access to purchase a product I would like to have. I assumed the worse due to the current success rate of NECAs online availability problems with bots and such but with them saying they put up more stock than usual gave me hope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

So apparently it went a little better since I'm hearing more people complaining about shipping than I'm seeing people upset at not getting them.

Nah, not really.  From what I see I’m the only one in the thread that was talking about shipping but as I said I tried to order and was going to pay that shipping but got locked out as I was trying to check out.  So shipping wasn’t what stopped me today—the instant sell out and website load time was.  But had it not sold out so quickly undoubtably I would have ended up buying it without noticing how much the shipping added to the total. It wasn’t until after it sold out and it was now too late to buy him anyway that I had a moment to stop and evaluate the new total once shipping gets added and how given this will be the price and (frustrating experience) paid for every figure in the line that I ended up deciding this price had become too high for this particular figure. But all this was more a decision about going forward.  The actual results of my day was that it sold out before I could finish checkout.   

How’d it go for you?  Did you manage to snag one?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Ok, I also lost my opportunity to pre order this Figure... When is this Figure supposed to hit Walmart?

I thought the release started today also so it’s now just a matter of if/when your particular store stocks him.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I thought the release started today also so it’s now just a matter of if/when your particular store stocks him.  

Oh my... Do we have a code or something to look for it at Walmart?

11 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Oh my... Do we have a code or something to look for it at Walmart?

Just this info so far:

Walmart# 579002900, SKU# 269034699, UPC# 634482541289

• Thanks 1