Power-Con 2020 Online Event Coverage - Panthor And More

JayC

In a little pre virtual Power-Con kick-off, Pixel-Dan chats with Josh and Reuben from Mattel where they revealed a couple of new products for the line. First up are new mini-vehicles and figure cobo sets. They will be doing He-Man and the Road Ripper along with Skeletor and the Roton.

Also revealed for the Origins line is a new Panthor for Skeletor to ride on. The saddle is removable. Unfortunately he is not going to flocked.

In the video they also mention they will be releasing mini-multi pack sets featuring 4 figures each, one of which will be exclusive to the multi-pack. Finally they state in the Spring they have 9 more new items to show as the line branches out from just being released at Walmart. The Spring line will be shown off during the Mattel virtual Power-Con panel on Sunday at 7:30 PM ET. We of course will bring you full coverage of the event when it happens. You can see Pixel-Dan's video below

MOTU-Minis-Vehicle-2-Packs-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Pantor-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Pantor-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

I wish that Panthor was flocked but ultimately no big deal he still looks great. To me the biggest news and I knew this beforehand but it was confirmed later in the video that the Origins line will get a wide release starting in 2021 so there is absolutely no need to be stressing on if Walmart will or will not stock these on their website or stores. Not a big fan of the constant sellouts so I'll just wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I want that Panthor, I'm not crazy about the lack of flocking, the minis' vehicles are neat, it seems they will also release some minis packs, that's great 'cause I'm not very fond to the blind box cocept.

I am very displeased with the lack of flocking on Panthor, they must have a variant down the road

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I want that Panthor, I'm not crazy about the lack of flocking, the minis' vehicles are neat, it seems they will also release some minis packs, that's great 'cause I'm not very fond to the blind box cocept.

I have mixed feelings about the flocking.  I love my vintage flocked Panthor so I get wanting that again.  On the flip side I still have my flocked vintage Panthor already so I don’t mind getting an unflocked one as something similar but different from my original.  Maybe what we need this time around is a new flocked Battle Cat to go with our vintage flocked Panthor and an unflocked Panthor to go with our vintage unflocked Battlecat.  

• Thanks 1

I’m trying to recall—what was the plan for the new minis line???  Were these supposed to be blind boxed?  Were they supposed to be Walmart exclusive?  I know they told us what the plan was at either last year’s SDCC or Power-Con but I don’t remember what that info was.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I’m trying to recall—what was the plan for the new minis line???  Were these supposed to be blind boxed?  Were they supposed to be Walmart exclusive?  I know they told us what the plan was at either last year’s SDCC or Power-Con but I don’t remember what that info was.  

Blind Boxes, from what they said months ago

but maybe things changed?

but there is also going to be the ones that include vehicles , that supposedly at least the He-Man w/Roadripper and Skeletor w/Roton, will not be blind box, so I think that the vehicle assortment is non mystery

• Thanks 1

Today kicked off the 2020 Power-Con virtual event with some new Masters of the Universe reveals for Mega Construx. Fisher Price Little People and Imaginext.

For Mega Construx it was announced they will be doing a Flocked Panthor with Skeletor set as well as Battle Ram which will feature figures of Mekaneck and Tri-Klops. Also announced were three Skeletor Head Sets. Each one comes with a large Skeletor head and figure mini-vehicle type set. They showed He-Man with Jet Sled, Trap Jaw with Laser Cannon and Fisto with weapons set.

The Castle Grayskull playset will be getting a re-release next year and there has been talk about doing a Snake Mountain playset, but nothing confirmed for that at this time.

Check out images for all of these items below.

MOTU_iMAGINEXT 1.jpg

MOTU_Little-People 1.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-03 1.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-04 1.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-05 1.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-06.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-07.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-08.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-09.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-10.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-11.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-12.jpg

MOTU_Mega-Construx-13.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The only interesting stuff to me so far are the mega construx sets, I only have the Windraider and the first 5 pack but they haven't offered any re issues for Scareglow Man at Arms and the vintage color Evil-lyn, so that's is not encouraging me to go any further.

They did indicate in the panel that they were aware Scareglow was hard to find and thus they were going to rerelease him (but I’m not sure if they gave details on how they are going to do the rerelease ie straight single card rerelease, In a multi pack, etc) 

• Thanks 1

Today Mattel held their panel at this years 2020 Power-Con virtual event for their new Masters of the Universe Origins line.

Mattel says there will be a ton of product for everyone eventually. 2021 is going to be even bigger.

For the Minis Line - Wave 3 Slime Pit and Wave 4 Anti-Eternia. Also have mini Vehicles with figures. Roton with Skeltor and Road Ripper with He-Man. The vehicles will not be blind-bags. Also doing Mini Multi-Packs. Each 4 pack will have one exclusive figure. The 4 packs will be out through Walmart and Diamond Comics.

For Origins they 8 new characters coming this Spring in the main line as well as new Deluxe Origins figures. Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor and Ram Man. The figures will come with Mini-Comics with unique stories.

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

• Thanks 1

Today Mattel held their panel at this years 2020 Power-Con virtual event for their new Masters of the Universe Origins line.

Mattel says there will be a ton of product for everyone eventually. 2021 is going to be even bigger.

For the Minis Line - Wave 3 Slime Pit and Wave 4 Anti-Eternia. Also have mini Vehicles with figures. Roton with Skeletor and Road Ripper with He-Man. The vehicles will not be blind-bags. Also doing Mini Multi-Packs. Each 4 pack will have one exclusive figure. The 4 packs will be out through Walmart and Diamond Comics.

For Origins they 8 new characters coming this Spring in the main line as well as new Deluxe Origins figures. For basic figures they showed Roboto, Stratos, Mer-Man and Ninjor. For deluxe figure they showed Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor Clamp-Champ and Ram Man. Both basic and Deluxe figures will come with Mini-Comics with unique stories.

Panthor which is not flocked is coming for $24.99. Also on the back of the package we see figures for She-Ra, Roboto, Mer-Man and Zodac.

She-Ra will be out at Mass in the Spring.

The Landshark vehicle is coming for the Origins line for $29.99. Will be larger than the vintage one. Will have the chomping feature as well. He-Man seems to have stolen it in the image.

Rise of Evil 2-Pack with Keldor and Kronis. Will be exclusive to Target for $29.99

UPDATE ONE PANTOR - There will be a Flocked Panthor for $39.99 and exclusive to Walmart. There will be two versions. The non-flocked won't be exclusive. The flocked one will also have flocked packaging.

The Fan-Poll winner is 1st appearance Tri-Klops.

Sumer 2021 a new He-Man will emerge. Masterverse 7" scale with 30 Points of articulation and 8 core characters and more.

Will cost $19.99. They showed the packaging and said there will be things that these figures will be able to share with the Classics line. These will be mass-produced and available everywhere along with Origins.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Everything was great except for the Walmart exclusive flocked Panthor and the Target exclusive Keldor & Kronis 2 pack, those two items are going to screw me up!.

Shocked by the new 7" line it might outsell Origins and the 6 inch only guys will loose their heads over it.

In all honesty, I will probably hold off on Origins and wait for Masterverse. My guess they must feel kids with the new cartoon will really support Origins. I have no doubt a number of collectors will get both but I think overall Masterverse will be more popular, assuming collectors will be able to find them when they come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shellhead said:

Any  mention of Grayskull?

Nothing on playsets at this time. Im sure they will come. I def can see them re releasing many of the vehicles and playsets from the Classics line for this new Masterverse one down the road.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Nothing on playsets at this time. Im sure they will come. I def can see them re releasing many of the vehicles and playsets from the Classics line for this new Masterverse one down the road.

well the landshark looks like a straight up re-issue unlike the skysled. but I did hear people say it's meant to be larger then the original ?

I still have mine so if I do get one I can do a comparison between the two :D ,so hopefully other vehicles will come along also in my MotWWE Triple H review I pretty much go through my whole range of vintage Motu vehicles to show how they will work with the new figures

1 hour ago, tycondrius24 said:

well the landshark looks like a straight up re-issue unlike the skysled. but I did hear people say it's meant to be larger then the original ?

Yep as reported

The Landshark vehicle is coming for the Origins line for $29.99. Will be larger than the vintage one. Will have the chomping feature as well. He-Man seems to have stolen it in the image.

Its also said to have a little more sculpting detail to it.