New Disney Based Figures Coming From Super7

JayC

Super7 is thrilled to announce the beginning of what we imagine will be an amazing creative  partnership between Super7 and our childhood heroes over at Disney. It begins today, with the launch of our first three Disney collectibles: a trio of Ultimates! Figures commemorating some of our favorite characters from the formative years of the Magic Kingdom. It will continue with...well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

Ultimates! Figures are the perfect medium for our Disney launch. They provide an opportunity to serve up all bells and whistles; the ability to create something truly unique for both the Super7 and Disney obsessive fan. Our approach, as with everything, was to dig beneath the surface to find the spirit and the angles that allow us to make the toys we always wanted. The details expressed in each Ultimates! Figure are unrivaled; exactly what you want when you’re working with the classics. And the care taken to create each? That, too, is on another level.

As to who gets this very special treatment, we dove deep and emerged with a few that have always held a special place in our hearts. Ones that represent the Super7 way of looking at the world. Here’s the exclusive lineup:  

Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey Mouse
From the timeless animated classic Fantasia comes Mickey Mouse, in the role that captured our imaginations as far back as we can remember. We used that same kind of big dreaming, hustle, know-how and a little bit of magic to bring this little marvel to life. Our first Disney toy ever is super poseable and features three interchangeable expressive heads, interchangeable hands, two water buckets, animated broom, axe and the Sorcerer’s giant spell book. The Ultimates Sorcerer’s Apprentice is also dressed in a tailored, velvety-soft wizard robe with a real rope tied waistband.

Pinocchio
One of the darkest, wildest, most incredible stories ever set to animation cels, Pinocchio gave us nightmares for years, and a hard-won set of lessons for the rest of our lives. The puppet with a penchant for tall tales and a curiosity for life reflected our deep yearning for adventure, and to fit in – perfectly telling the tale of becoming the person you’re meant to be. Super7’s Ultimates! Pinocchio is a super poseable action figure with 3 interchangeable heads showing his growing nose, interchangeable hands, his conscience Jiminy Cricket (of course), school book, axe, apple, Cleo’s fishbowl, Figaro the Cat, and a smart fabric vest with gold trim.

Prince John
Truly one of the great cartoon villains, Prince John and his maneless, spineless monarchy is a masterclass in political mismanagement; one he pays dearly for. Particularly with Robin Hood stealing John’s resources any time his back is turned. The Prince John Ultimates! super poseable action figure features three interchangeable heads, interchangeable hands with and without the jewels of his rings, two versions of the slithering assistant Sir Hiss, a vanity mirror, and a luxurious, plush velvet regal robe with fur trim.

These will be priced  individually at $45 or in a set for $135.

Once again, we’re thrilled that Disney has given us this rare opportunity to bring our point of view to characters and experiences that helped define our own childhood. We hope you like them—and we can’t wait to show you what else we’re making from our favorite Disney moments from film, TV, and Parks.

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_StoreImage-2.jpg

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not a big Disney fan but I really like the Fantasia Mickey Mouse, remember seeing that movie many times as a kid and would love to emulate the VHS cover pose with him. Super7 has really been on a roll lately and am so happy they were able to secure the license. 

Hope this is popular for them and we can see even more like this in the future.

• Thanks 1

I will say classifying these as $45 Ultimate figures I feel is a bit of a stretch. Looks like these have at best 5 points of articulation. I get they have a lot of accessories but doesnt seem like there is much you can do with these.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not really related at all, but seeing these has me again wondering why there aren't ANY collectible figures, or hardly any collectibles at all for that matter, for classic Looney Tunes characters, aside from the figures DC Direct made 15 years ago.

• Thanks 1

I like them, but the price is way too steep. Anyone interested in these would want to add many, many more to the collection, and that's going to add up fast. Even if they just did these three movies, we're looking at Robin Hood, Marion and Little John for a somewhat decent Robin Hood collection ($135 more), Geppetto and I guess The Blue Fairy and maybe 1 bad guy for that set (another $135 more here), and, well, Sorcerer Mickey is sufficient for Fantasia. And what about a Cinderella castle? A perfect addition, but size and cost? As I said, I like them, but just can't see affording a line that could, and should, go quite the distance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Super7 is thrilled to announce the beginning of what we imagine will be an amazing creative  partnership between Super7 and our childhood heroes over at Disney. It begins today, with the launch of our first three Disney collectibles: a trio of Ultimates! Figures commemorating some of our favorite characters from the formative years of the Magic Kingdom. It will continue with...well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

Ultimates! Figures are the perfect medium for our Disney launch. They provide an opportunity to serve up all bells and whistles; the ability to create something truly unique for both the Super7 and Disney obsessive fan. Our approach, as with everything, was to dig beneath the surface to find the spirit and the angles that allow us to make the toys we always wanted. The details expressed in each Ultimates! Figure are unrivaled; exactly what you want when you’re working with the classics. And the care taken to create each? That, too, is on another level.

As to who gets this very special treatment, we dove deep and emerged with a few that have always held a special place in our hearts. Ones that represent the Super7 way of looking at the world. Here’s the exclusive lineup:  

Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey Mouse
From the timeless animated classic Fantasia comes Mickey Mouse, in the role that captured our imaginations as far back as we can remember. We used that same kind of big dreaming, hustle, know-how and a little bit of magic to bring this little marvel to life. Our first Disney toy ever is super poseable and features three interchangeable expressive heads, interchangeable hands, two water buckets, animated broom, axe and the Sorcerer’s giant spell book. The Ultimates Sorcerer’s Apprentice is also dressed in a tailored, velvety-soft wizard robe with a real rope tied waistband.

Pinocchio
One of the darkest, wildest, most incredible stories ever set to animation cels, Pinocchio gave us nightmares for years, and a hard-won set of lessons for the rest of our lives. The puppet with a penchant for tall tales and a curiosity for life reflected our deep yearning for adventure, and to fit in – perfectly telling the tale of becoming the person you’re meant to be. Super7’s Ultimates! Pinocchio is a super poseable action figure with 3 interchangeable heads showing his growing nose, interchangeable hands, his conscience Jiminy Cricket (of course), school book, axe, apple, Cleo’s fishbowl, Figaro the Cat, and a smart fabric vest with gold trim.

Prince John
Truly one of the great cartoon villains, Prince John and his maneless, spineless monarchy is a masterclass in political mismanagement; one he pays dearly for. Particularly with Robin Hood stealing John’s resources any time his back is turned. The Prince John Ultimates! super poseable action figure features three interchangeable heads, interchangeable hands with and without the jewels of his rings, two versions of the slithering assistant Sir Hiss, a vanity mirror, and a luxurious, plush velvet regal robe with fur trim.

These will be priced  individually at $45 or in a set for $135.

Once again, we’re thrilled that Disney has given us this rare opportunity to bring our point of view to characters and experiences that helped define our own childhood. We hope you like them—and we can’t wait to show you what else we’re making from our favorite Disney moments from film, TV, and Parks.

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_StoreImage-2.jpg

Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates!_HeroImage.jpg

Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates!_StoreImage.jpg

My wife is already in love with the 3 Figures...

Oof, 45 dollars? Who could had imagined that, then again i can't tell what size are they suppose to be and much less i can't tell if they will be disney store exclusives, not that any of these figures catch my attention really, but i can say that if the line is successful and we see other characters of different Disney films being made i more or less would love to see some of my favorite characters but we'll see.

• Thanks 1

Loving the figures, not thrilled by the price.  I’m definitely ordering the prince John but need to ponder rather or not to go all in at this price.  

• Thanks 1

Eesh $45 for some semi action figures. Disneys name alone tends to sell so add in classic in front of that and you pretty much have a goldmine. I for one dont really care too much for these but Im going to go ahead and say these will sell very well. I am very interested to see what characters they bring out after this wave. Villains will definitely be interesting to see more of. 

• Thanks 1

Classic Animated Disney Stuff doesn't thrill me, but the whole concept is really cool, finally for all of those people (and I know a whole lot) who have been asking for something like this forever, although I think at the price point it will scare away a lot of people, also the fact these are like 5 POA is kinda shabby they could have for the price upped that articulation, and as some of you guys have already stated.. these figures take way to long to get released from point of pre-order to actually in hand, and you can't just walk into a retail store and buy them... I think that is going to kill it's potential success, these need to be cheaper and more accessible because these could grab the interest of a lot of non collectors and parents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1