Is Walmart Price Gouging It's Customers On MOTU Origins Figures?

JayC

I'm not quite sure why Walmart is overcharging for Teela and no other figure in the line on the website. I know there is a frenzy to get the Origins figures now but pay anything over the MSRP for these doesn't make sense. Just need some patience and by next year this line will be available everywhere besides Walmart.

• Thanks 1

Walmart in Canada has been price gouging just like this for years, I'm not sure how it is a reasonable act from a big box seller, I'm not sure they do it as of recent, but however up until a few months ago often I would see them selling a previously sold out figure which was at retail for a limited, to go back in stock a later time at a inflated price for a very short window, it would however return to regular price some time later. I may be wrong but they seem to know what they are doing after a hot product sells out... and then they are only able to obtain a smaller amount for a second or third order they can increase price as almost the opposite of a sale. only site big box retailer I have seen this with, however here in Canada I have not seen it for quite a time so they may have ceased

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 7:32 AM, JayC said:

I would love to know if anyone who bought the figure at $36 was offered a refund of the difference. I was tempted to buy it at $36 just to see if a refund would be offered but since I was worried it wasnt actually listed at that price in error I didnt want to be stuck with a $36 Teela figure.

If you had and if they refused you could always just return it and get a full refund

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. I’m a little late to the party but better late then never. I just wanted to chime in and say I gambled and purchased a 36 dollar Teela. They shipped her in a plastic mailing bag, funny. The box was crushed but since I open all my toys I just cared about Teela herself. I do feel for anyone who ordered and hoped for a mint figure.I did contact customer service and they refunded me the over pay ($18 I think was refunded). I figured it was a safe bet since I could just return her and get a full refund.

on a side note I thought I’d share these pictures of my local wal-mart. I do worry that there might be a little imbalance of He-man/Skeletor compared to the secondary characters. While I was happy to see the shelves stocked, I couldn’t help but have a feeling of dispair thinking this might turn into a 200x fiasco. Hopefully it won’t and Mattel will increase production on the secondary peeps.Catcha later

DA788A46-6269-4018-AECE-A8615F93FC3A.thumb.jpeg.5add00690b8480b291230ef2d42c98a0.jpegF143CFC7-7288-48CC-AFC1-DE17C2026BDD.thumb.jpeg.6f25e4bff68a3782a54ed6ccb0baf7b3.jpeg4E37B783-8C4E-43E8-9630-11BB62BD4D42.thumb.jpeg.f9120353e83b5c2f61ce95ba7f78a44c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GlennasaurusRex said:

Greetings. I’m a little late to the party but better late then never. I just wanted to chime in and say I gambled and purchased a 36 dollar Teela. They shipped her in a plastic mailing bag, funny. The box was crushed but since I open all my toys I just cared about Teela herself. I do feel for anyone who ordered and hoped for a mint figure.I did contact customer service and they refunded me the over pay ($18 I think was refunded). I figured it was a safe bet since I could just return her and get a full refund.

on a side note I thought I’d share these pictures of my local wal-mart. I do worry that there might be a little imbalance of He-man/Skeletor compared to the secondary characters. While I was happy to see the shelves stocked, I couldn’t help but have a feeling of dispair thinking this might turn into a 200x fiasco. Hopefully it won’t and Mattel will increase production on the secondary peeps.Catcha later

DA788A46-6269-4018-AECE-A8615F93FC3A.thumb.jpeg.5add00690b8480b291230ef2d42c98a0.jpegF143CFC7-7288-48CC-AFC1-DE17C2026BDD.thumb.jpeg.6f25e4bff68a3782a54ed6ccb0baf7b3.jpeg4E37B783-8C4E-43E8-9630-11BB62BD4D42.thumb.jpeg.f9120353e83b5c2f61ce95ba7f78a44c.jpeg

Wow you are lucky to see that... I just saw that same image but with just the tags and no Figures at my local Walmarts...