Warren Ellis Released From Netflix's Castlevania; Accused Of Sexual Harassment And Abuse By Multiple Women

Outsiders

The Hollywood Reporter has printed an article about the how the comic book industry is dealing with abuse claims and has learned that Writer and Creator of Netflix's Castlevania, Warren Ellis, has been accused of sexual harassment and abuse by multiple women.

Ellis has completed work on the upcoming season of Castlevania, but he will not be back for future seasons and has been dismissed by Netflix.

Sources claim that Ellis released a June 19th statement that acknowledged "mistakes" but said, "I have never consciously coerced, manipulated or abused anyone, nor have I ever assaulted anybody."

"Comics is a small industry, and you can lose your career by speaking out," says Madolan Greene, one of the many who claim they were abused by Ellis. "Who has enough power to call out bad behavior without losing their job? How do we talk about these 'open secrets' before the victims have to step up and do it?"

Greene is one of the more than 100 women and nonbinary people behind SoManyOfUs.com, which arose July 12th out of conversations among those Ellis had allegedly groomed across two decades.

"We were all hurt, but what could we do with that pain?" says Sarah Deaton, another of the site's members. "What did we want to see happen? And one of the things we kept hearing was, 'I don't want this to happen to anyone else.' Everything else just grew from there."

SoManyOfUs takes a proactive approach to sexual harassment and abuse, pairing personal testimonials and alleged examples of Ellis' behavior with definitions of tactics and terms like "grooming," "coercion" and "gaslighting." As Zoetica Ebb, one of the site's core editors, puts it, "What we've done offers others experiencing systemic abuse a sort of template for coming forward."

Warren_Ellis.jpg

16 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Sources claim that Ellis released a June 19th statement that acknowledged "mistakes" but said, "I have never consciously coerced, manipulated or abused anyone, nor have I ever assaulted anybody."

I don't know if this guy is Guilty or Not......

However.....

"Should Not", have said the above...IMHO

On 8/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

well what a jerk, good he deserves it

It's accusation, so no he doesn't deserve it. Not yet anyway. There have been too many of these me Too accusations proven false to simply believe all women these days. Most of the accusations are complete hogwash, and only a few of them are authentic. Given the vast number of accusers involved it may very well be true, but I'd like to know what they consider abuse or whatever words they use. Sometimes what these accusers classify as abuse is nothing more than innocent flirting that only a crazy person would think is abuse, and lots of these accusers are downright crazy.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, obs said:

It's accusation, so no he doesn't deserve it. Not yet anyway. There have been too many of these me Too accusations proven false to simply believe all women these days. Most of the accusations are complete hogwash, and only a few of them are authentic. Given the vast number of accusers involved it may very well be true, but I'd like to know what they consider abuse or whatever words they use. Sometimes what these accusers classify as abuse is nothing more than innocent flirting that only a crazy person would think is abuse, and lots of these accusers are downright crazy.

I wasn't being definitive, I just went sure... if he did that he's a jerk, so he deserves it , it was in fact more a simplistic sarcasm rooted response, because we don't have the full facts, and these accusations are so common place these days it's hard to determine what is and what is not the truth in it's fullest capacity with little evidence to come to a conclusion

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2020 at 6:23 PM, ToadDude said:

I always have enjoyed his work. It is very sad to hear this.

I know how you feel. I was a huge fan of Bill Cosby's work and deeply respected the man. Turns out all those years, despite all his good work, he was a card-carrying psycho-b@$+@rd and a gold-medal A-hole. For all the bitching and moaning about the Me-To movement, its forcing freaks like this into the light of day, and that's a good thing in my book.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mako said:

I know how you feel. I was a huge fan of Bill Cosby's work and deeply respected the man. Turns out all those years, despite all his good work, he was a card-carrying psycho-b@$+@rd and a gold-medal A-hole. For all the bitching and moaning about the Me-To movement, its forcing freaks like this into the light of day, and that's a good thing in my book.

Same thing happened to me with a couple of actors, it really sucks being a fan of someone and finding out they are lowlifes. 

• 4 months later...

I mean... has anyone been to the website that all the accusations are on? Look, I read one. And it took ages. To me it just seems like a crazy unhinged person talking smack and loving a platform to do it on. Here's a snippet: 
"Under the guise of mentorship and camaraderie, Warren Ellis insinuates himself into his targets’ daily lives, building trust and forming patterns of attachment. Once the target thinks of him as their best friend or trusted confidant, he escalates the relationship into sexual territory, usually conducted online and through intense periods of communication, but sometimes in person. When his needs are no longer being met, or he seems to be losing control in the relationship, he abruptly cuts off contact, leaving his targets with enduring emotional trauma. Many suffer a loss of self-esteem, trust in their own instincts, and in some cases, their support networks."
They get "enduring emotional trauma" from someone texting them and then not texting them... I mean I've had that happen a few times, I didn't chase after them with accusations of ruining my life. But I guess I don't know what it was like for them. Although I do because this person wrote about it in length: https://www.somanyofus.com/testimonials#r-n-fox-2000-2002
Sheesh... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1