'Snake Eyes' Movie From Hasbro & Paramount Delayed Until 2021

Outsiders

Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s chairman and CEO announced that the new G.I. Joe movie in the works along with Paramount is now targeting a theatrical release next year after initially eyeing an October 2020 roll-out delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.

This announcement was made during an analyst call that second-quarter financial results fell short for earnings and revenue as the coronavirus pandemic caused production delays, hitting its Entertainment One film and TV division, and delays in its movie releases amid cinema closures.

"We're working out the specifics with Paramount," Goldner told analysts. Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who produced Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins and is also producing various projects based on Hasbro's Transformers brand, will produce the relaunch of the franchise with Hasbro's arm, Allspark Pictures.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Not the first project that this happens to nor I think it will be the last. Honestly, there wasn't anything here to get excited about other than the hope that this would be good and successful enough that we could see a Joe "revival".

I dunno I was kinda interested in this back when it was first announced, but then I forgot about it, I was hoping maybe it would be good... but the more I think about it all.... probably won't be, the other movies were not and it shouldn't be hard to make a damn G.I. Joe movie good (it pretty much should write it's self), but apparently it is , so my hopes are low for this one

Earnings were short for this year, so they're NOT going to release their potential blockbuster money-maker. That'll show 'em!

Now, if you'l excuse me, I'm a little hungry. I'm gonna go to the kitchen and NOT get a sammich.