Sponsor News: Earthworm Jim, Clay Fighter, Battletoads Action Figures Coming From Megalopolis Toys

JayC

21 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh rad that's the helmet eyepatch dude with the beard , damn I wish it was really almost any body but him, Skull Face and Slobulus would have been my picks over him,, but I mean I'm hopping they are going to do the entire collection , but it seems they are doing things the original collection didn't because there never was Splitting Headache in action figure form

I was really hoping for a Skull Face. Hes always been my favorite since I was a kid. I had his head popping toy when I was younger and I was on my dads boat and it popped out into the Ohio River where I never was able to recover it. Ever since I ve just been fond of that character. When the rebooted the balls back in like 2005, I quickly snagged up a skull face. I look forward to seeing if they do him in this really awesome style! insta buy!

• Thanks 1

I like the Madballs guys and do want them but I'm trying to limit my figure purchases since there's so much coming out during the rest of the year that I know I'm going to get. I'm going to hold off for Earthworm Jim & Clay Fighters. For those Megalopolis can have my money.

• Thanks 1

Im hoping their battletoads they make arent based on the new game coming out and more on the originals from nintendo era. Or at the very least have the classic looks as well! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Im hoping their battletoads they make arent based on the new game coming out and more on the originals from nintendo era. Or at the very least have the classic looks as well! 

I would bet they are based off of the original games, and not the new one , judging from the road they seem to be going down with these, it seems very retro , but one never knows.. if they were based off a new look I could say my wallet was Safe!

I am clutching my Credit card with anticipation for tomorrow ready to hit Pre-order on these Madball figs... I must secure them!

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm definitely really super happy with the fact that I would say I was like the 1st person to pre-order these, maybe if anything like the 5th person, since I had the web page up all day watching the count down, and as soon as it hit Zero, blammo I order the figures.. because the first 1000 people get a Signed James Groman print!  which is so damn awesome !!! and one of the reasons I was running to be first , now I just gotta wait until spring 2021 to get these bad boys on my shelf

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Our sponsor Megalopolis Toy send over new images for their new Premium DNA Madballs figures. The new images gives us looks at the new figures with their vintage counterparts. We can also see the mix-and-match feature and a look at the painted accessories for Bruise Brother. Check out the image below.

Pre-orders close on August 31. Orders can be placed at www.premiumdna.toys, Megalopolis Toys.

BB-ACC1.jpg

BB-ACC2.jpg

BB-ACC3.jpg

BB-COMPARISON.jpg

HORN-COMPARISON.jpg

MAD-MASH_1.jpg

MAD-MASH_2.jpg

MAD-MASH_3.jpg

MAD-MASH_4.jpg

OCC-COMPARISON.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ah these are just so cool, I really like the Modular construct, I think it will be so cool once we get more waves to see the crazy kitbashes we can do

I'm really curious though does any one have any information on how well these are doing for Megalopolis? it seems to be all crickets on the fan front about these from what I've seen and that worries me, I'm going to be a sad guy if this turns out to be the only wave we get.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had them in my cart but the shipping stopped me.  Total is 139 and they offer free shipping on orders of 150 or more....  Shipping was over $20

It looks like they are not meeting their quota by keeping the order open for longer and offering their competitor BBTS to sell them as well.  Maybe they will be able to sell a few of these after the fact if they have to make a certain number to keep costs down.   

I think if they offered free shipping to everyone that preordered the entire wave they would have sold a lot more. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, JGG1701 said:

Just waiting on Earthworm Jim!!!

-Jim G.G.

Now everyone can sing alone at home or even better with your kids if you have some...✌️😀

Earthworm Jim,
The Soil He Did Crawl
Earthworm Jim,
A Super Suit Did Fall.

Jim Was Just A Dirt Eating,
Chewing Length Of Worm, Flesh
But All That Came To A Crash
And Gave Him Lots Of Power

Earthworm Jim,
He's Such A Groovy Guy
Earthworm Jim,
He Rocket's Through The Sky

Cruising Through The Universe
Having Lot's Of Fun,
Here Comes Earthworm Jim You Know
That He's The Mighty One
Look Out!

(whistling)

Despite His Great Big Muscles
And His Really Big Ray Gun,
Jim Is Still An Earthworm
But Then He's The Only One,

With A Super Suit To Make Him Really Super Strong,
Jim Can Be A Winner If We Only Sing Along...
(Alright)

Earthworm Jim,
We Think He's Mighty Fine
Earthworm Jim,
A Hero For All Time

Earthworm,
Earthworm,
Earthworm,

Earthworm, Jim
Hooray For Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/earthwormjimlyrics.html

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Now everyone can sing alone at home or even better with your kids if you have some...✌️😀

Earthworm Jim,
The Soil He Did Crawl
Earthworm Jim,
A Super Suit Did Fall.

Jim Was Just A Dirt Eating,
Chewing Length Of Worm, Flesh
But All That Came To A Crash
And Gave Him Lots Of Power

Earthworm Jim,
He's Such A Groovy Guy
Earthworm Jim,
He Rocket's Through The Sky

Cruising Through The Universe
Having Lot's Of Fun,
Here Comes Earthworm Jim You Know
That He's The Mighty One
Look Out!

(whistling)

Despite His Great Big Muscles
And His Really Big Ray Gun,
Jim Is Still An Earthworm
But Then He's The Only One,

With A Super Suit To Make Him Really Super Strong,
Jim Can Be A Winner If We Only Sing Along...
(Alright)

Earthworm Jim,
We Think He's Mighty Fine
Earthworm Jim,
A Hero For All Time

Earthworm,
Earthworm,
Earthworm,

Earthworm, Jim
Hooray For Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/earthwormjimlyrics.html

Any updates or pictures yet?

- Jim G.G.

• Thanks 1

Im excited to see how earthworm jim stuff comes out as well as battletoads and clayfighter. If they come out great and the price is right, i feel I will bite.... hard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I guess since everyone currently hates Megalopolis

nobody wanted to talk about the New Madball figure they have up for pre-order

https://megalopolis.toys/products/madballs-premium-dna-need-for-speed-no

despite it all, I'm getting this one as well!, I need em all! , this one looks insane!

Thrashin Pumpkin

PUMPKINMADBALL.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I guess since everyone currently hates Megalopolis

nobody wanted to talk about the New Madball figure they have up for pre-order

https://megalopolis.toys/products/madballs-premium-dna-need-for-speed-no

despite it all, I'm getting this one as well!, I need em all! , this one looks insane!

Thrashin Pumpkin

PUMPKINMADBALL.jpg

I would go through BBTS to pre-order them, that way if for what ever reason the figures dont happen you will not have to worry about loosing money.

• Thanks 1

Do you have to preorder any of these figures series to get them or can you wait til they are released sometime next year? I dont want to commit and i dont want to necessarily buy them from megalopolis. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayC said:

I would go through BBTS to pre-order them, that way if for what ever reason the figures dont happen you will not have to worry about loosing money.

Ah see I already purchased the initial figures from Megalopolis, at the point I did I was unware of the current situation, and had never had any problems with them at the time, so I hope it all works for me in the end , the figures are not suppose to be out until next spring, guess I just gotta see.

also seems BBTS doesn't have this figure available I'm worried it may not be, and I feel as though I don't want to risk missing out on even ever getting it, it's all a tough decision.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Megalopolis doesn't sponsor this page anymore?. Maybe it has more to do with it and not because someone hates the company, although I must admit that the lines they've shown so far haven't had a huge acceptance in the collecting circles that I frequent.

Megalopolis isnt currently a sponsor, and hasn't been for a few months, but that doesnt have any baring on my comment. They've been having a number of pretty publicly noted issues with shipping and such over the last several months. They've even made posts about it on their own site and FB page. I hope they in fact can recover from their recent issues and make right the orders that people have had issues with, but if you pre-order them from BBTS, and for whatever reason Megalopolis can't deliver, well then BBTS will simply cancel the orders but you wouldn't loose anything.

The figures are made by Megalopolis, so BBTS is just ordering them directly as they would product for any toy company, but it just gives you an added layer of production during these what appears to be trying times for Megalopolis.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah see I already purchased the initial figures from Megalopolis, at the point I did I was unware of the current situation, and had never had any problems with them at the time, so I hope it all works for me in the end , the figures are not suppose to be out until next spring, guess I just gotta see.

also seems BBTS doesn't have this figure available I'm worried it may not be, and I feel as though I don't want to risk missing out on even ever getting it, it's all a tough decision.

They should, it just went up so it will take some time for BBTS to get it for pre-order.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So uh whatever happened here? They had it set to show their new properties every month for preorder and havent seen any battletoads, earthworm jim or clayfighter anything. They had it set that each property was set up per month starting in september. My most interested of their franchises havent been shown yet and im bummed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

So uh whatever happened here? They had it set to show their new properties every month for preorder and havent seen any battletoads, earthworm jim or clayfighter anything. They had it set that each property was set up per month starting in september. My most interested of their franchises havent been shown yet and im bummed. 

I feel like it is likely because of the current issues they have been having, and potentially sorting out that situation?

• Thanks 1