Jump to content
JayC

Sponsor News: Earthworm Jim, Clay Fighter, Battletoads Action Figures Coming From Megalopolis Toys

Recommended Posts

Megalopolis Toys has added more iconic brands to their upcoming 2021 line of classic/retro action figures; Earthworm Jim and Clay Fighter from Interplay Entertainment; and Battletoads, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark from Microsoft’s Rare Ltd Studios.

In this relaunch, Megalopolis Toys is developing 6” scale sculpts of characters inspired by classic gaming archives from Interplay Entertainment and Rare Limited in partnership with top industry design talent. The Megalopolis:Premium DNA line will also include figures from Madballs and Barnyard Commandos both owned by Cloudco Entertainment, which are already in development. Each of the respective toy lines will start accepting pre-orders Q3 and Q4 2020 and will be sold direct-to-consumer through Megalopolis.toys, the Megalopolis Toys mobile app and select specialty retailers Summer 2021.

“We are ecstatic to be adding these incredible properties to our growing catalog. Fans of Battletoads have been asking ‘where are the toys’ for decades, and we are answering that call with an expansive selection of characters and styles that will satiate the appetite of even the most diehard fans.

In addition, our partnership with Interplay is giving us the chance to re-imagine Earthworm Jim as a modernized, highly articulated collector line. This amazing property has been ripe for an updated line for years. We will also now have the chance to bring the full catalog of characters from across the entire Clay Fighter franchise into it’s first ever toy line!

-Ben Westover, Creative Director/Co-Founder of Megalopolis

Quote

“We have sought out cult classic titles for passionate, underserved fan bases to give them the products they’ve wanted for years. When they see the level of detail in the sculpture, paint applications, articulation, and packaging of these figures, as well as the depth of character selection, we know they will be just as thrilled as we are, because we are as big of fans of these properties as anybody! ” – Matt Westover, President/Co-Founder of Megalopolis

“I’m delighted to be tasked with finding these great retro properties and watching them come to life once again as action figures. There will undoubtedly be many delighted fans!” adds Marsha Armitage-Bristow, president of Brand Brilliant Consulting, who brokered the deals.

 
About Megalopolis Toys
Megalopolis Toys is the go-to retailer for premium action figures and pop-culture fandom, brings the Comic Con experience online with original streaming content on mobile and Web platforms.

Website: https://megalopolis.toys/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/megalopolistoys/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/megalopolis.toys/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MegalopolisToys/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBAhWC9NXa-zhOK1P1Y14SQ

0F0168B4-5DAE-4F6C-A639-47E98DCFD711.jpeg

C14A1243-9D6E-4320-8A33-9B97EBB2FE65.jpeg

F91A920D-87C3-497D-9CCD-F96764E464D4.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is amazing news, I was already 100% on board for Madball figures and Barnyard Commandos, but this gets even better Battletoads!, EWJ!, Clayfighter! I'm so excited for these, also I'd love a Joanna Dark and Elvis from Perfect Dark, not so interested in Conker or Banjo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Battle Toads vs Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles...

Better yet something more Likely Battletoads & Double Dragon !

but if these are 6/7 inch.. ah wouldn't it be great to be able to display them with TMNT

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider me incredibly excited and intrigued to see what they do. I am highly excited about EWJ, Battletoads and Clay Fighter. I never would have guessed we d get clayfighter figures let alone 25 years later! Insane time we live in. I hope they are affordable, articulated well, and look good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Consider me incredibly excited and intrigued to see what they do. I am highly excited about EWJ, Battletoads and Clay Fighter. I never would have guessed we d get clayfighter figures let alone 25 years later! Insane time we live in. I hope they are affordable, articulated well, and look good. 

maybe just maybe if these lines turn out successful we can get Killer Instinct, new Primal Rage figs, maybe some Altered Beast (man I'd love that), also how about Dino Saucers & Supernaturals ! those are just some thoughts off the head

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I'm not a fan of any of these licenses, however I'm intrigued to know the kind of figures they are developing, the features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday we told you how our sponsor Megalopolis Toys was launching a new line of Madballs action figures, among other things. Well now artist James Groman who is working on that line has released some preview images for two of the figures. These are labeled 6" artciulated action figures, so its not just the head anymore like with the original line. Shown are Hornhead and Splitting Headache. As you can see they appear to come with a number of accessories.

Madballs-Action-Figures-01.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-02.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-03.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-04.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, but I'd have to see the figures and price-point before I made any kind of decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look really cool. Depending on the price I might pick them up. The main thing is they give me hope for Earthworm Jim and Clay Fighter. If they do those this good then I'm already sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

maybe just maybe if these lines turn out successful we can get Killer Instinct, new Primal Rage figs, maybe some Altered Beast (man I'd love that), also how about Dino Saucers & Supernaturals ! those are just some thoughts off the head

I actually would prefer Storm Collectibles do the KI, Primal Rage and Altered Beast licenses. Altered Beast is very VERY likely to be done by them. They already have 2 licenses by Sega that are in that same era and vein of games: Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. But those are some of my most demanded properties to be made into figures, especially primal rage and ki! and highly requested from fans to storm. 

 

 

The Madballs look fantastic! All those gross details remind me of 90s toys especially those of the original TMNT line where theyd have all kinds of gross details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

new Primal Rage figs

Actually that's something I'd like to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JayC said:

Yesterday we told you how our sponsor Megalopolis Toys was launching a new line of Madballs action figures, among other things. Well now artist James Groman who is working on that line has released some preview images for two of the figures. These are labeled 6" artciulated action figures, so its not just the head anymore like with the original line. Shown are Hornhead and Splitting Headache. As you can see they appear to come with a number of accessories.

Madballs-Action-Figures-01.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-02.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-03.jpg

Madballs-Action-Figures-04.jpg

spacer.png

I really really need these in my life

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official image and details:

It's Freaky Fun For Everyone! Madballs action figures are back, and they are more freaky and grotesque than ever before!

Each Madballs action figure stands approximately 6 inches in height, features 25 points of articulation, interchangeable parts, and accessories designed by THE James Groman!

They're not just modular, they're MADular! Mix and match parts between characters to create your very own freaky combinations!

Megalopolis:Premium DNA Madballs Wave 1 includes Horn Head, Oculus Orbus, Bruise Brother, and for the first time as an action figure Splitting Headache! Available for Pre-order August 1st on Megalopolis Toys , Megalopolis Mobile, and the new PremiumDNA.toys for $35 each.

00.jpg

01.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ALL 1.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ALL.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LTB.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RTF.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_ALL.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LTB.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RTF.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RTF.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look crazy, that price is not too bad considering the level of detail and accessories, Mad Balls are not my kind of stuff but maybe the Barnyard Commandos could take my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

Official image and details:

It's Freaky Fun For Everyone! Madballs action figures are back, and they are more freaky and grotesque than ever before!

Each Madballs action figure stands approximately 6 inches in height, features 25 points of articulation, interchangeable parts, and accessories designed by THE James Groman!

They're not just modular, they're MADular! Mix and match parts between characters to create your very own freaky combinations!

Megalopolis:Premium DNA Madballs Wave 1 includes Horn Head, Oculus Orbus, Bruise Brother, and for the first time as an action figure Splitting Headache! Available for Pre-order August 1st on Megalopolis Toys , Megalopolis Mobile, and the new PremiumDNA.toys for $35 each.

00.jpg

01.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ALL 1.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_ALL.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LTB.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_HH_RTF.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_ALL.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LTB.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_OCC_RTF.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_ACCS.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_BK.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_FT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_LT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_LTF.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RT.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RTB.jpg

DNA_MB_SH_RTF.jpg

I don't think I've been this excited for new figures since......

spacer.png

I'm ready!

I don't even have space for these , it's going to have to be a new step up

This is going to be me as soon as I get these

spacer.png

 

Madballs as a kid was my favorite thing, still is, I had almost all of the original action figures, but when I was a dumb teen looking for weed and booze money, I sold them all to make a quick buck..... now they are next to impossible to find complete, or for any good price, for years I looked

But I'm very curious about the fact they show 4 silhouettes, and there is only 3 figures shown... wonder whats happening with that

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little pricey for a line of figures commemorating a line of rubber balls . . . who HAD no bodies. Why not just do the balls and sell 'em in discount stores (5-Below, Dollar General, etc.), they'd still clean up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mako said:

A little pricey for a line of figures commemorating a line of rubber balls . . . who HAD no bodies. Why not just do the balls and sell 'em in discount stores (5-Below, Dollar General, etc.), they'd still clean up.

They do still sell the balls, never really stopped

I would pay 50 each for these figures.. Glad it seems like on Aug 1st I won't be fighting any one to get my pre-orders in

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

They do still sell the balls, never really stopped

I would pay 50 each for these figures.. Glad it seems like on Aug 1st I won't be fighting any one to get my pre-orders in

It's not that I don't think the figures are cool. I'm pretty sure if so inclined I could find a place for them in my collection, but when I think Madballs, I think of that old cartoon pilot where they were all LITERALLY just monstrous balls (ahem) from the planet Orb, a world of living . . . balls with arms and legs, not unlike MODOK. With bodies, they're just another freaky looking monster.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

But I'm very curious about the fact they show 4 silhouettes, and there is only 3 figures shown... wonder whats happening with that

I read somewhere else that the fourth figure is a guy called Bruise Bother, just no photos for him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako said:

A little pricey for a line of figures commemorating a line of rubber balls . . . who HAD no bodies. Why not just do the balls and sell 'em in discount stores (5-Below, Dollar General, etc.), they'd still clean up.

These are based on the vintage Madballs Head Popper action figures. Google those bad boys and you can see their full bodied designs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megaben said:

These are based on the vintage Madballs Head Popper action figures. Google those bad boys and you can see their full bodied designs.

Oh, I remember them. As I also remember, they weren't well received.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I read somewhere else that the fourth figure is a guy called Bruise Bother, just no photos for him.

Oh rad that's the helmet eyepatch dude with the beard , damn I wish it was really almost any body but him, Skull Face and Slobulus would have been my picks over him,, but I mean I'm hopping they are going to do the entire collection , but it seems they are doing things the original collection didn't because there never was Splitting Headache in action figure form

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE