McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Recap Plus New Details For The Robin Earth 22 And More

JayC

With a number of DC Multiverse reveals having been made by McFarlane Toys this past week, we wanted to round everything up in one news post for you, plus bring some new details to light that have been revealed since the initial reveals where made.

Many of the new details come via Unparalleled Universe and a live-stream video he did with Tye Butler who works at McFarlane Toys. It's a pretty long video but you can check out the entire thing in the link above.

04__scaled_600.jpg

So first we have the newly announced wave of figures that will see the return of the Build-A-Figure concept to the line. this wave will include figures of Superman (The Infected), Batman from Dark Nights: Metal, The Batman Who Laughs with Sky Tyrant Wings and Robin Earth 22. The Build-A-Figure will be The Merciless. This wave will be available for pre-order in August

07__scaled_600.jpg

Originally we thought the Robin figure was going to include three different headsculpts. However that is not the case according to Tye. He says the figure will be done more like a chase figure. It will have ONE headsculpt, but there will be three different versions of the figure released. Each headsculpt will have a different expression. So if you want to army build all 3 versions, you will have to hunt down the three figures. Robin will also have a real metal chain, a nice ab-crunch, single-hinged elbows and one of the bigger pieces for the Build-A-Figure.

Infected Superman will have double-jointed elbows. Tye in the video indicated they are continuing to work on scale issues within the line making sure the female figures are in better scale with the male figures. He also noted the Robin figure is in scale with the likes of Batman.

02__scaled_600.jpg

An additional wave of single release figures was also announced this week which includes The Joker based on the DC Rebirth comic books, Azrael in Batman Armor based on the hit comic book series, BATMAN: CURSE OF THE WHITE KING, Cyborg from the Teen Titans animated series, and The Flash. his wave will be out later this Fall and available for pre-order in August. No indications of this wave having a Build-A-Figure.

The Flash figure will have double-jointed elbows and knees and also include lightning effect running pieces that you can get a look at below in our GALLERY.

The Modern Joker figure will have similar articulation to the Arkham version.

For those wondering, The Birds of Prey Harley Quinn movie figure is on definite hold. It is unclear if it will ever see release or not.

05__scaled_600.jpg

There was also a 7" Flashpoint Batman figure announced, but all we know about it's release is that it's coming in Winter 2020. The figure will have pistols that are removable from the holster.

In the video Tye stated one of the things they get requests for and he would love to see is a Batman: Knightfall wave with Bane as the Build-A-Figure, and he would also love to see Reign of Superman wave with a Doomsday Build-A-Figure.

03__scaled_600.jpg

DC Multiverse 2-Packs where announced this past week which will include the following - Flash/(Batman Earth 52) Red Death, Nightwing/Red Hood And from the Batman/Deathstroke from the Batman: Arkham Origins video game.

Earth-52 Batman vs.The Flash will be an Amazon exclusive, released around

November time frame and should be up for pre-order in August.

Nightwing vs. Red Hood will be in stores Oct/Nov and will also be up for pre-order in August.

Pre-orders for the Batman vs. Deathstroke set will go live in August, and it will see release this Fall.

The 2-pack Flash will have a different head and different hands from the single packed version.

The Red Death figure uses a different body from Flash but will also have double-jointed elbows and knees.

01__scaled_600.jpg

The final thing that was teased this week was an image showing some blacked out figures. These are being listed as CHASE figures, and they appear to be some type of variant for the Arkham Joker out on shelves now and the Arkham Origins Deathstroke.

01.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 1

I am loving that Batman who laughs figure, mostly because of his diabolical expression, I'd totally love to get this one.

• Like 1

Boo! This kinda blows, I'm not totally against Build-A-Figures, but I really wanted the whole Dark Knight Metal line to just be in boxes. I don't remove mine from their boxes so this greatly disrupts my plan. At this point they've already released, or will be releasing, Batman Who Laughs, Devastator (which would have been the better BAF option), Murder Machine, and Dawnbreaker. I also believe we have that promo photo of Red Death from the Wal-Mart ad who has yet to surface. It seems like such a weird pivot, and disappointing, to just toss in the Merciless as a BAF on the Third Wave...or..what, Fourth Wave?

McFarlane Toys continues to roll out new reveals for their 7" DC Multiverse line today, this time with new 2-Packs. We appear to be getting Flash/(Batman Earth 52) Red Death, Nightwing/Red Hood And from the Batman/Deathstroke from the Batman: Arkham⁠ Origins video game Batman/Deathstroke.

Earth-52 Batman vs.The Flash will be on Amazon around November timefram and should be up for pre-order anytime now.

Nightwing vs. Red Hood will be in stores Oct/Nov and will also be up for pre-order very soon.

Pre-orders for the Batman vs. Deathstroke set will go live in August and it will see release this fall.

DC-MultiverseDark-Knioght-Metal-2-Packs.jpg

DC-MultiverseDark-Arkham-2-Packs.jpg

So is the whole Dark Nights: Metal just Jokerized versions of DC characters? Also didn't Todd say in the interview with Jay C that he wasn't going to incorporate the BAF concept in the line. That he preferred to release the big characters as single deluxe figures.

9 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

So is the whole Dark Nights: Metal just Jokerized versions of DC characters? Also didn't Todd say in the interview with Jay C that he wasn't going to incorporate the BAF concept in the line. That he preferred to release the big characters as single deluxe figures.

Dark Nights: Metal was kind of like that. If I remember correctly it's just a bunch of Dark Multiverse stories, IE Terra going full villain in the Judas Contract story arc, things like that. These stories just tended to focus on Batman and the wrong choices that led to the creation of each of the Dark Multiverses. Each of the characters has a 1 shot comic explaining their origins if you're interested in it.

• Like 1

McFarlane keeps rolling out the DC Multuverse 7" figure reveals today for their Comic-Con at home event. This time its a look at another wave of single release figures due out this fall.

This wave will have The Joker based on the DC Rebirth comic books, Azrael in Batman Armor figure based on the hit comic book series, BATMAN: CURSE OF THE WHITE KNIGHT, Cyborg from the Teen Titans animated series, and The Flash.

It does not appear this wave will have a Build-A-Figure with it.

Wave-3-01.jpg

Wave-3-02.jpg

Wave-3-03.jpg

42 minutes ago, Chrio said:

Dark Nights: Metal was kind of like that. If I remember correctly it's just a bunch of Dark Multiverse stories, IE Terra going full villain in the Judas Contract story arc, things like that. These stories just tended to focus on Batman and the wrong choices that led to the creation of each of the Dark Multiverses. Each of the characters has a 1 shot comic explaining their origins if you're interested in it.

That does sound interesting, thanks!

I still have to ask, where are all the non-Batman characters? Doing a line without a Batman figure won't kill anyone. How about a few Green Lanterns or maybe any one of the hundreds of other DC characters that need good figures. I want some obscure characters or at least some from other areas of the DCU.

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh79 said:

I still have to ask, where are all the non-Batman characters? Doing a line without a Batman figure won't kill anyone. How about a few Green Lanterns or maybe any one of the hundreds of other DC characters that need good figures. I want some obscure characters or at least some from other areas of the DCU.

I have to agree, I'm getting Batman fatigue. I wouldn't mind some Lanterns like Larfleeze, or any of the Red Lanterns.

• Like 1

McFarlane Toys rolls out one more new 7" DC Multiverse reveal with this Flashpoint Batman figure. All we know about it is that it will see release in Winter 2020.

DC-Multiverse-Flash-Point-Batman.jpg

I dont collect DC much anymore but man these all look great. It is kind of crazy and mindboggling how many Batmans hes made and are still coming out. But man they are huge improvements over what he first brought out. 

Way too much Batman, like I've said before Todd is going to exhaust every Batman variation by the end of 2021, forcing the line to be canceled or move on to the milking of another character in their entirety probably Superman, I don't collect these, just pick a few here and there.. only fig I may get is Red Death, I would have liked to see that Deathstroke in a single pack, or the Merciless not as a BAF, I'd really be into this line if we got more females...or like any? Huntress, Cheetah, Silver banshee, Zantanna, Fire... maybe some Atrocitus and Nite Lik action, Parasite, Etrigan, I could go on... either way currently McFarlane ain't making the figures I want to see.. hopfully he gets over his Batman obsession