E. Honda Joins Storm Collectibles 1/12 Street Fighter Line

JayC

Seems like it's been awhile since we've really seen anything new from Storm Collectibles for Street Fighter, but today they have wowed us with the reveal of their 1/12 E. Honda figure. The Sumo Warrior is one of the remaining original Street Fighter character fan have been waiting for. Now bring on Dhalsim.

Stay-tuned for more details on release dates and pre-order info for E. Honda in the coming days.

Storm-Collectibles-Street-Fighter-EHonda-01.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-Street-Fighter-EHonda-02.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-Street-Fighter-EHonda-03.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-Street-Fighter-EHonda-04.jpg

wow that figure looks really nice, though we're still missing Blanka, a more classic SFII Chun-Li and all the bosses (Vega, Balrog and a Classic SFII M.Bison) aside from the mentioned Dalshim, and thats just the original SFII Cast, if I remember correctly these more classic figures were under the banner of SFII Turbo so then we'd still need D.J, T. Hawk, Fei Long and a Classic SFII Turbo Cammy, bring on all the fighters Storm!!!

I wonder what accesories he'll have and how theyll recreate his signature 100 palm strike attack or theyll just add some sort of effect to place on his head to recreate his flying headbutt attack.

So its a very weird choice that they are doing the Nostalgia costume version of SFV Honda. Its very strange since they have both USF2 and SFV licenses. I wouldve figured they do more traditional looks for the SF2 license and then the new updated looks for SFV. Akuma made sense since hes drastically different and imo ugly looking. Its also weird that they pick and choose costumes versions and regular versions. We still havent got a regular cammy from sf2 or sfv even tho we got her battle costume. 

23 hours ago, abnuggler said:

wow that figure looks really nice, though we're still missing Blanka, a more classic SFII Chun-Li and all the bosses (Vega, Balrog and a Classic SFII M.Bison) aside from the mentioned Dalshim, and thats just the original SFII Cast, if I remember correctly these more classic figures were under the banner of SFII Turbo so then we'd still need D.J, T. Hawk, Fei Long and a Classic SFII Turbo Cammy, bring on all the fighters Storm!!!

SFV Bison isnt much different from SF2 version. Just like how this one isnt much different than his SF2 iteration. 

6 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

SFV Bison isnt much different from SF2 version. Just like how this one isnt much different than his SF2 iteration. 

Yeah its somewhat similar though the skirt piece is longer on the SFV version and he has the gray hair, if anything the one who is the closest from both games is Chun-Li, she is practically the same (she's just younger and a little slimmer)

3 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Yeah its somewhat similar though the skirt piece is longer on the SFV version and he has the gray hair, if anything the one who is the closest from both games is Chun-Li, she is practically the same (she's just younger and a little slimmer)

Well each one has slight differences to their SF2 counterparts. The most drastic changed character was Akuma but they did his nostalgia which was essentially his sf2/alpha iteration just modernized and more detailed. Bison also has a nostalgia costume. Hes trimmer, no cape, shorter skirt, brown hair, etc etc. Fun fact tho, each iteration of bison is actually a different host of his consciousness which is why hes massive in the street fighter alpha series and slimmer in sf2. Alpha in the SF timeline is the precursor or beginning of the street fighter timeline. Anyways. Chuns only change is her legs are larger in V because shes been getting the gainz. 

• Like 1

I always love what Storm Collectibles are doing, but I just can't do the price tags, everything they put out look so good, and I would be so happy to collect but they are so pricey, and I'd feel compelled to get them all... I couldn't cherry pick so I just stay away , this figure looks huge man

On 7/24/2020 at 2:01 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I always love what Storm Collectibles are doing, but I just can't do the price tags, everything they put out look so good, and I would be so happy to collect but they are so pricey, and I'd feel compelled to get them all... I couldn't cherry pick so I just stay away , this figure looks huge man

They are honestly the hardest effing figure company to collect for. Their stuff is so good, they hit me in the fighting game feels, they are creating grail figures Ive wanted for YEARS, and I have to pretty much sell most of my collection of things to get them. Granted Ive collected a crap ton of stuff over the years so Im basically just using it to purge and me less cluttery but Its a price to pay to keep up with them. Then you also run the risk of a figure selling out within 6 months of its release and you have to pay skyrocket triple the price from when it first came out. So a figure you just had a hard enough time fathoming paying for is now unobtainable unless you shell out triple that cost. But seriously they are my most favorable part of my collection. They are worth the msrp price of them... i never buy after if they sell out because its just not worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We saw our first images for this figure last month, and now Storm Collectibles has released more looks and images for their upcoming Street Fighter V E. Honda 1/12 figure.

Here's the star of the sumo world, a man who battles fighters from around the world in order to promote the greatness of sumo!

E.Honda is a popular sumo wrestler that is always the topic of discussion because of his amazing abilities. While he's a mere ozeki class wrestler, he has the ability and strength of a Yokozuna champion.

He preaches about daily morning practices, but he also enjoys a dip in his favorite hot springs, Kabukonyu. Honda is currently traveling the world with his friend Hakan in search of new disciples, and of course, new food!

Features:
3 x Interchanging E.Honda Head-Sculpt
3 x Pair of Interchanging Hands
1 x Special Effect

Release Date: Q4 2020

E-Honda-01.jpg

E-Honda-02.jpg

E-Honda-03.jpg

E-Honda-04.jpg

E-Honda-05.jpg

E-Honda-06.jpg

E-Honda-07.jpg

E-Honda-08.jpg

E-Honda-09.jpg

E-Honda-10.jpg

E-Honda-11.jpg

E-Honda-12.jpg

E-Honda-13.jpg

E-Honda-14.jpg

E-Honda-15.jpg

E-Honda-16.jpg

He looks really great, unfortunately hes going to the backburner for me. Too many other characters they are releasing and these arent cheap. Plus my SOTA version of him will do. When they do characters that havent been made yet like when Juri releases, I will be chomping at the bit to get her.