TNI Editorial: How To Fix The Scalper Problem - The Power Is Within YOU!

JayC

I do hope too that Hasbro can distribute it to other stores, heck even to other countries as well (i am looking at you mexico, if they ever bother to do so), but of course this is just a rumor and I'll wait to see if Hasbro will ever mention this or whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

I read JayC post when he posted it...(really good read)

Like him.....My answers has always been "Don't  buy " when they pass your price point or your "principle" point.

That's the bottom line...There always going to be Scalpers. From the "corner the market" types (what JayC voiced)

or people who purchase extras...When you buy 2 Limited Exclusives are you a Scalper or Just Greedy?

Some poor guy can't get his 1. Did you need two? Did you think about that guy?  Probably not. 

I guess you would just tell him; You Slow you Blow dude. Talk to the Scalpers. =^)

Just a thought, Greed makes people do all kinds of  things...Ask a scalper =^)....Just, IMHO..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Honestly I doubt it, I've seen how Hasbro MX handles all the collector lines and the only one that seems to take precedence is Marvel Legends, Star Wars would come in a very distant background and then everything else. For example they're going to carry some quantities of that overpriced ML Sentinel from the Haslab project but there's no info about GI Joe Classifieds wave 2 coming anytime soon or the remaining waves of the Lighting Collection despite the psycho rangers pack and that wierd one wheeled bike went on pre order in Amazon and has been many months since I saw any Black Series being stocked up in some store. The distribution is simply irregular.

Good point there.

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Recent youtube reports that Hasbro may be discontinuing its GI JOE exclusive with Target. Its not totally confirmed yet, and we dont know exactly what that will mean if it is confirmed, but my hope is Hasbro will immediately distribute it to all outlets, BBTS, Amazon, local dept stores that usually carry these action figures, etc. If they were to do this not only would we all have a better shot to get the figures we want, its gonna be a big blow to the scalpers. All the figures they bought up, planning to re-sell at 2-3x the actual fair price,  they'd then just be stuck with. I'd love to see them get clobbered for a change.

But no matter what, the scalper problem is NOT all on us. People need to show theyre willing to walk away and not feed these scalpers, 100%. At the same time, this mess is squarely on Hasbro and Target, and I blame Hasbro more, because its their product, their brand, and they need to step up to fix it. Hopefully.....theyre listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv1ugiedEhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCHRDpWKSw

Everything you say makes perfect sense and I sure hope it happens. But I doubt it will, precisely because it is what makes the most sense......