NECA Issues Statement In Regards To Recent Pre-Order Problems And Shows Off TMNT Baxter Stockman Proto

JayC

NECA slipped out one more product reveal this evening showing off a prototype for their upcoming TMNT Video Game Baxter Stockman figure which they do say will have a huge mutated hand and is completely different from the toon version. They also say it will be 50% larger than the toon version.

They also issued a statement in regards to recent events with so many people having problems getting their hands on their TMNT products from Target, Walmart and even their own online store. Read on for more:

They also issued a statement in regards to recent events with so many people having problems getting their hands on their TMNT products from Target, Walmart and even their own online store. Read on for more:

In case you missed our story from yesterday, we want to reiterate that we hear you. We have read your feedback and criticism.

It’s become very obvious that recently a number of scalpers are using sophisticated bots to capture our exclusives with the intent of selling them. We are in the process of installing features to slow down and stop the bots including limiting shipments to the same address, putting up CAPTCHA systems, along with other remedies. These features may not be immediate, but we are looking to implement them in the near future.

Do not support the scalpers. If you can’t get them now, please be aware that we are placing additional orders for popular items such as Casey Jones & Disguised Raphael and Bebop & Rocksteady. Additionally, we have a nice surprise for you in the coming weeks with an online exclusive that fans will be able to get 1 of.

Stay tuned for details.

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JayC said:
NECA slipped out one more product reveal this evening showing off a prototype for their upcoming TMNT Video Game Baxter Stockman figure which they do say will have a huge mutated hand and is completely different from the toon version. They also say it will be 50% larger than the toon version.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hopefully this gave us the opportunity to get the Figures we want from this collection...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blackmada said:

I hope Hasbro reads this.

Problem I see is even if they are successful making their own site scalper bot proof, that does nothing for the TMNT exclusives on Target and Walmart. Now granted with the Walmart they seem to have made ground where they can sell those on their own site, but not the Target stuff. 

Hasbro's the same way. Unless Target and Walmart are willing to take steps to stop the Scalper Bots which I dont see them doing, its kinda immaterial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to hear that NECA has addressed this but as was mentioned prior Walmart and Target exclusives are still going to be an issue regarding scalper bots. I do like that more stock of previous releases are being shipped out to stores so hopefully they'll be enough supply to meet demand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Problem I see is even if they are successful making their own site scalper bot proof, that does nothing for the TMNT exclusives on Target and Walmart. Now granted with the Walmart they seem to have made ground where they can sell those on their own site, but not the Target stuff. 

Hasbro's the same way. Unless Target and Walmart are willing to take steps to stop the Scalper Bots which I dont see them doing, its kinda immaterial.

I agree.  While I think there are big things NECA, Hasbro, etc, should be doing differently I think the bulk of this rests with problems at Walmart, at Target, at Walgreens, etc.  The thing is I also think Hasbro, NECA, etc needs to reevaluate their partnerships with these giant retailers.  Once upon a time people were desperate to get into Walmart, Target, etc because that was the best way to get national distribution and the best way to gain new customers by being noticed by casual shoppers.  But now not only are there other/better options but Walmart/Target actually have some of the worst distributions problems and between that and low quantity stocking these stores are far less effective at reaching that casual shopper since being in these stores now actually makes your product harder to find.  That’s not to say that they should cut Walmart and Target out but they need to realize that the old 20th century line of thinking about what these retailers bring to the table for your product is no longer true in the 21st century.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

I'm glad to hear that NECA has addressed this but as was mentioned prior Walmart and Target exclusives are still going to be an issue regarding scalper bots. I do like that more stock of previous releases are being shipped out to stores so hopefully they'll be enough supply to meet demand.

Shipping to stores doesn’t really help though either because Walmart/Target have terrible Inventory and distribution processes for these types of products.  Shipping them more product just means they have more product to mis-distribute to their physical locations.  Doesn’t make it better to give them more if they still can’t get the inventory and distribution right.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Yep. Until Target and Walmart implement a captcha system and take other steps, this will keep happening.  They seem to have no incentive to do so right now, because a customer is a customer to them, but this will negatively affect the toy manufacturers if things continue this way, and so if they can, they need to start including some kind of clauses in the deals they make with the retailers to get things under control.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Satam said:

Yep. Until Target and Walmart implement a captcha system and take other steps, this will keep happening.  They seem to have no incentive to do so right now, because a customer is a customer to them, but this will negatively affect the toy manufacturers if things continue this way, and so if they can, they need to start including some kind of clauses in the deals they make with the retailers to get things under control.

This ^ , NECA's own website has been so they say Bot proof already, but this still does not mean any changes are currently going to be implemented over at Big Box etailers like Target and Walmart, or Walgreens, because they don't care who buys the product as long as some one does, this is why I continue to say it's disgusting at this point that these collector oriented lines are being offered to stores who care not a pinch about the collector, they have only capital in mind, these Companies who's bread winning product that is primary for the adult / serious collector needs to be handled by an outlet that has the serious collector in mind, none of this ... oh and how about the casual collector *swear word* the casual collector in reality they are not the driving force of these lines, and the companies know it thus why they still have massive sales of a adult/serious collector product, until these companies actually step into reality and realize they need to bring to fruition methods to make sure the collector can obtain the product, they need to step away from partnering with these soulless big box stores, because as it's being seen as of lately it's frustrating and driving away the real collectors, who are the reasons the lines exist and thrive.. if every one walked away ... it would be a down ward slide, they need to know this is the truth... for every 10 of us real collectors with the wallets fat enough to toss money at these companies.. there are 1-2 parents sliding by the Neca isle to buy their 10 year old a 30 dollar toy,, nah not a reality... It needs to change and it's looking like these companies are going to have to step off the ledge soon, or we all will... right off the ledge of collecting their product

currently any company putting collector grade products out as exclusives via partnerships with these big box outlets are performing themselves a current misstep,, nobody is exempted of having a crappy view on their respective target market... the collector, if they are partnering with these chains

and well thanks for apologizing... Neca , but make action, not words

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Satam said:

Something else to keep in mind, Walmart.com, Amazon, and other sites that allow outsiders to sell on their site get a percentage of whatever the seller makes. They PROFIT from the scalpers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Shipping to stores doesn’t really help though either because Walmart/Target have terrible Inventory and distribution processes for these types of products.  Shipping them more product just means they have more product to mis-distribute to their physical locations.  Doesn’t make it better to give them more if they still can’t get the inventory and distribution right.  

Don't Neca reps themselves handle the stocking of their merchandise in stores? Not that that makes it any better. According to Target's website this morning, the Animated Turtle sets are "Not Sold" at my two closest stores, one of which is the MAIN Target for this region, and the rest still have them listed as "Out of Stock."

My optimism remains unchanged . . . but has limits. If these things are there, I WILL get them, AND show brand loyalty you wouldn't believe, but they HAVE to be there. I have two very strict rules in my collecting, if it's not in stores where I can get at it, or sold on-line where I can get it without feeding scalpers, it doesn't exist to me. I'll go back to Playmates for who, if they would only release a half-way decent 1/12th line I'd drop Neca for in a shot anyway, and Neca can go back and play with their Jason dolls or whatever.

I tell you, once something you do for fun starts generating this level of drama, it's time to reevaluate some life-choices.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mako said:

Something else to keep in mind, Walmart.com, Amazon, and other sites that allow outsiders to sell on their site get a percentage of whatever the seller makes. They PROFIT from the scalpers. 

I would agree with your statement......The only solutions to the problem is IMHO

Cut out the "PROFIT".....Don't buy

Let the scalpers keep the figs. That question really is; Can you not buy them? IMHO =^)

• Thanks 1

Now just to be clear on this particular Stockman, it is their video game version which means its going to be available at most online etailers, and the video game line has not seemingly not been that difficult to get. I added some update above about the figure.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ghostbogey said:

I would agree with your statement......The only solutions to the problem is IMHO

Cut out the "PROFIT".....Don't buy

Let the scalpers keep the figs. That question really is; Can you not buy them? IMHO =^)

Is that a question? If I can't buy from a store, WHY would I buy from some goober charging as much as ten times MSRP? I'd literally be REWARDING him for keeping ME from being able to buy the figure in the first place.

You ARE right about one thing, without a buyer, scalpers are a self-correcting problem. They go from being a sleaze profiting from their own crimes to being a pathetic loser staring at a stack of toys they payed a fortune for, but can't sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, mako said:

Is that a question? If I can't buy from a store, WHY would I buy from some goober charging as much as ten times MSRP? I'd literally be REWARDING him for keeping ME from being able to buy the figure in the first place.

You ARE right about one thing, without a buyer, scalpers are a self-correcting problem. They go from being a sleaze profiting from their own crimes to being a pathetic loser staring at a stack of toys they payed a fortune for, but can't sell.

That is a question. Looks to me like you have it "figured" (a pun i guess) out. You got to get the fig at a reasonable price, I guess. Scalpers don't want you. They're Looking for the "got to have it" fan.

If I thought someone was "keeping me" from getting a toy I really wanted. I don't know....Maybe..."get up" earlier??? The scalpers do =^)...Not flaming here =^)

Me?...I don't buy...That can be from the a scalper to Walmart. If this hobby is becoming too expensive. Get out. That's the real question; Can you not buy them? Can you? For whatever reason IMHO

• Thanks 1

Once again, Target.com has changed the status on the Animated Casey Jones set. They now have it listed as "Not Sold at This Store" for 4 of the 5 stores listed for my area code. The Metalhead figure is listed "Not Sold at This Store" at all 5.

"NOT SOLD AT THIS STORE" Dang, that sounds final doesn't it?

Well, as I've said before, If they're out there, I WILL find them. IF they're out there. I won't give up. If Neca/Target gives up on ME, however, that's a different story.

I'll give them till the next release on the 6th to either get their online SNAFU sorted out, or get these bloody things on shelves. If they can't do that, then they're not worth my time.

• Thanks 1