NECA Teases TMNT 90's Movie Splinter's Origin Figure Set

JayC

For what I believe is NECA's final reveal of the day, they released this teaser images for what appears to be a figure set based on the Spinter's origin story in the 90's TMNT movie. The figures are of Splinters master Hamato Yoshi, Oroku Saki (Shredder before he was Shredder) and a rat in a cage named Spliter before he was transformed. You can see a clip from the movie with the scene here:

This will likely be a Walmart exclusive but no other details are available at this time.

NECA-TMTN-Tease-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

It's starting to feel like Neca is just trying to rub it in our noses. "Look at all this great stuff! Betcha wish it was humanly feasable to aquire!" "Let me just swing by your house in my new Ferrari while we're at it!"

• Thanks 1

Wow, I see a lot of hate towards the TMNT lines from neca (warranted hate I might add) mostly because of how hard it is to get these figures (either because of bots/scalpers scooping everything before it can get to real collectors or lousy websites or stocking in Walmart/Target's part) It sucks that Neca is doing such an amazing job with both the Movie and the Cartoon TMNT Lines and its going so aweful, I cant even begin to know how Randy and the rest of the Neca team feels to know they are doing such great work and putting so much effort into the figures only to be having such a lousy reception because of issues out of their control. Dont get me wrong, Im not blaming anyone for speaking out on these issues, its just sad to see this happening because of things and people outside of the 2 parties that want these lines to do well (real collectors and the guys at neca)

Now talking about this teaser, as some of you have already said, thats just amazing, this set looks to be a really cool adition, and I feel the same way as many of you that Its hard to get excited over something that looks to be really cool but I wont ever get my hands on it.

• Thanks 1

For me, is just that I'm into this line line all that much. I love the Ninja Turtles movies(first 2 anyway) and I love the cartoon too. I'm just not really looking to get into this line completely. I wanted the 4 Turtles and maybe a secondary character here and there. I can't even get the titular characters from the movie so it's hard for me to get excited about figures from a 5 minute scene as cool as it was or as great as the figures turn out to be. Also, they really need to learn to read the room. Their Facebook page and I assume their Twitter(don't have Twitter so I can't say for certain) was full of negative comments from people that were upset at not being able to get the products. They could have maybe put the reveals on hold and wait for things to cool down and let people know you were listening and working to see what could be done about it but instead they kept showing upcoming figures. I can see how that might give people the impression that  NECA don't care about the fanbase. I'll keep trying to get the figures I want but if I can't I won't lose sleep. It's not like this is my favorite franchise of all time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Rayne said:

It's starting to feel like Neca is just trying to rub it in our noses. "Look at all this great stuff! Betcha wish it was humanly feasable to aquire!" "Let me just swing by your house in my new Ferrari while we're at it!"

Actually if you look at NECA's recent Lootcrate offering, they brag about how much their previous Lootcrate items are worth, which leads me to believe that NECA has been purposely limiting their TMNT stock at Target stores in-person and (especially) online. But why do they have so much left-over stock of the Splinter/Baxter Two-Pack? Questions, questions.....

1 hour ago, ResidentCriticCollector said:

Actually if you look at NECA's recent Lootcrate offering, they brag about how much their previous Lootcrate items are worth, which leads me to believe that NECA has been purposely limiting their TMNT stock at Target stores in-person and (especially) online. But why do they have so much left-over stock of the Splinter/Baxter Two-Pack? Questions, questions.....

They produced more Baxter 2pks to satisfy demand, and they did the same for the Krang Android. I saw dozens of both, and they've started producing more and more of the older releases. I found 5 of each Triceraton 2pk at the Target closest my house, and a friend of mine found both of them at a Target closer to him, as well as the rock aliens (I can't remember their names for some reason...getting old). I've been finding TMNT movie Foot Soldier 2pks at Wal-mart, as well as a whole bunch of movie Splinter/Shredders at multiple WMs and I found a couple of Super Shredders TMNT2 a couple days ago at one of or 7 or 8 area WMs.

And, even though it isn't TMNT I found wave 3 of the Retro GI Joe line that same day (Duke wave) and the Target that is closest to me also had 4 Classified Fireflies. I almost had a heart attack, and the only reason that happened was because the roads were icy and it was 5 degrees F outside. GI Joe exclusives are a bit of a beeyotch to find sometimes, but our local Vintage Stock have the non-exclusives warming pegs and I can find the Cobra Commander wave at Walgreens usually (or at least I could before last Christmas...I haven't been in a WG since then).

Anyway, this stuff is out there and can be found, and I think NECA has finally gotten their act together and TMNT will be easier to find. I say that and I have yet to find a Rat King, but it usually doesn't show up for a while, so I'm hopeful.

• 1 month later...
NECA today released an image giving us our first real look at the upcoming Walmart exclusive TMNT set based on Splinter's origin story in the 90's TMNT movie. The figures are of Splinters master Hamato Yoshi, Oroku Saki (Shredder before he was Shredder) and a rat in a cage named Splinter before he was transformed. Neca has released a few teaser images previously for this set but no other details have been released for it at this time. Check out the new image below.

00-TMNT-Movie-Splinter-Flashback-Set.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pretty amazing, I love that they are getting every facet of the movie. Im thankful I ended at the mutants only. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, abnuggler said:

Wow, I see a lot of hate towards the TMNT lines from neca (warranted hate I might add) mostly because of how hard it is to get these figures (either because of bots/scalpers scooping everything before it can get to real collectors or lousy websites or stocking in Walmart/Target's part) It sucks that Neca is doing such an amazing job with both the Movie and the Cartoon TMNT Lines and its going so aweful, I cant even begin to know how Randy and the rest of the Neca team feels to know they are doing such great work and putting so much effort into the figures only to be having such a lousy reception because of issues out of their control. Dont get me wrong, Im not blaming anyone for speaking out on these issues, its just sad to see this happening because of things and people outside of the 2 parties that want these lines to do well (real collectors and the guys at neca)

Now talking about this teaser, as some of you have already said, thats just amazing, this set looks to be a really cool adition, and I feel the same way as many of you that Its hard to get excited over something that looks to be really cool but I wont ever get my hands on it.

I would never go to a big box store to look for neca products. I do check for them when I’m there, And I’ve only seen something remotely sought after once or twice. Usually it’s all horror stuff. What a waste of time and fuel that would be to go from store to store. I would just bargain and make a deal fleabay to get them delivered if I collected tmnt stuff. Especially with covid out there it’s just not worth it. Good luck tho, hope you get some good finds at least

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Neca is always amazing whenever they get to sculpt human bodies, and this one is also exceptional case but it seem like it doesn't have bicep swivel which could be very useful.

To my knowledge and at least with the ones I have, none of the tmnt movie figs have bicep swivel. Its my main gripe with the ones i have. I also dont know how I feel about their new elbow joints. 

• Thanks 1