New G.I. Joe Classified 6" Baroness, Beach Head, Cobra Trooper and Roadblock V2 Figures Revealed

JayC

48 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

All I can say is the level of incompetency on display is staggering. How long has this series been announced? How much time and money were put into advertising this sale? And now, today, they're just figuring out that the Baroness figure has been delayed?? How is it possible this is just being discovered?

Between Hasbro & Target, two major companies that have entered this collaboration, plus the fact that's its 2020 and not 1950, not to mention the overall poor record of these "exclusives" sales, there's just no excuse for this stupidity. Yeah maybe this'll get ironed out...eventually....but I'm not even sure I'm gonna spend my money with these fools now.

You should contact both Hasbro and tell them that.  Tell Target, too, for good measure.  Target might not give a flying #$%& about one action figure line, but Hasbro sure does.  If they see their customer base shrinking, getting pissed, etc. that's the best chance of getting anything to change.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Target spend any money on advertising these Cobra Island figures.   And aside for using free social media platforms, I don't think Hasbro spent any money either on advertising the Cobra Island figures.

I know August 14th was the scheduled release date for these exclusives, but "dropping the ball" on the release date has been par for the course for many companies in 2020.   (i.e. McFarlance's Spawn and AEW figures)   People have been heading into stores and have not been finding the products.

From what I understanding, the Cobra Island figures will be restocking periodically and 6 of each figures per case.   

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I don't think Target spend any money on advertising these Cobra Island figures.   And aside for using free social media platforms, I don't think Hasbro spent any money either on advertising the Cobra Island figures.

I know August 14th was the scheduled release date for these exclusives, but "dropping the ball" on the release date has been par for the course for many companies in 2020.   (i.e. McFarlance's Spawn and AEW figures)   People have been heading into stores and have not been finding the products.

From what I understanding, the Cobra Island figures will be restocking periodically and 6 of each figures per case.   

The Target employees i talked to told me not to expect anymore Cobra Island figures. Now IDK how truthful that is but most stores got their cases of each of the single packed figures with 6 figures. I dont think there were plans for more right now. It was the bad communication with when to release and sell them that was the biggest problem on those. Now Baroness obviously has been delayed for whatever reason, and delays especially this year are perfectly understandable. Again however, the problem lies with bad communication. If Baroness wasnt going to be out this month it would have taken Hasbro seconds to make a tweet on social media letting people know or Target. You right Hasbro relies primarily  on methods of free advertising to promote these things, but had they put the word out sites like this one would have def helped get the word out to those that are actually interested in buying them.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro dropped the ball here, they should have followed up with Target Corporate or someone to make sure that the street date problems would have been corrected.  When there was a problem with the Marvel Legends preorders a few weeks back one of the guys from the ML team tweeted that they were aware there were problems with the preorders, that people were upset and they were listening. They could have done the same thing here and let people know that there was a delay or something with Baroness and they were looking into the problem instead of letting people agonize wondering if the figure ever went up today, if they missed out on it and what's going on with the preorders of those who managed to score one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Satam said:

You should contact both Hasbro and tell them that.  Tell Target, too, for good measure.  Target might not give a flying #$%& about one action figure line, but Hasbro sure does.  If they see their customer base shrinking, getting pissed, etc. that's the best chance of getting anything to change.

Doing it now. 

• Thanks 1

all of this has really been handled so poorly on both parts, Hasbro and Target, is this the place we are stuck in with collectible figures, doens't matter the year... really bad costumer service on both ends, It's like the Power Ranger figures, these big companies just think nothing of us collectors so it seems, and these big box stores think even less, no matter the times

I'm very curious to see how these Cobra Island Joes pan out here in Canada when they get released later this year as Toys R Us exclusives.. I expect it all goes over way worse, like 1 figure per province , and nobody tell us why, I'm probably dumping this line, it's already been a huge pain with wave 1 over here , not even shipping to TRU or EB inless the stores made an order within 1 hour on 1 day, amazon keeps delaying the figures, 1 random store online store who likes selling things for scalper prices got everything, and gung ho and cobra commander already but  nobody really got nada (exaggeration, but they might have just as well)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

all of this has really been handled so poorly on both parts, Hasbro and Target, is this the place we are stuck in with collectible figures, doens't matter the year... really bad costumer service on both ends, It's like the Power Ranger figures, these big companies just think nothing of us collectors so it seems, and these big box stores think even less, no matter the times

I'm very curious to see how these Cobra Island Joes pan out here in Canada when they get released later this year as Toys R Us exclusives.. I expect it all goes over way worse, like 1 figure per province , and nobody tell us why, I'm probably dumping this line, it's already been a huge pain with wave 1 over here , not even shipping to TRU or EB inless the stores made an order within 1 hour on 1 day, amazon keeps delaying the figures, 1 random store online store who likes selling things for scalper prices got everything, and gung ho and cobra commander already but  nobody really got nada (exaggeration, but they might have just as well)

I hear you, and its really bad. Its also amazing that despite this utter sh1tshow, there are still people saying theyre gonna restock, there will be tons available, etc. Of course I would like to believe that too, but we just have no evidence of that, especially when we see past performances. This doesnt bode well for the Marvel Legends Storm/Thunderbird 2 pack. Red Hulk was another disaster, at least out here. 

I'm really not even a hardcore GI Joe fan. So if Hasbro is gonna pull this crap (or allow it to be pulled) then they dont want my money and I can spend it elsewhere. This just isnt worth the headache.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Case in point, instead of using their social media to get our real helpful information about their products we get pointless tweets like this

Wow, they really posted that...

11 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Wow, they really posted that...

Yeah, that's why once I snag Gung Ho  & a handful of Cobra Ninjas to double as HAND Ninjas in my ML collection, I'm pretty much done with this line.  All they seem concerned with is the bottom dollar. They could really give 2 hoots if it's  70% scalpers buying up this line & not true Joe fans.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Yeah, that's why once I snag Gung Ho  & a handful of Cobra Ninjas to double as HAND Ninjas in my ML collection, I'm pretty much done with this line.  All they seem concerned with is the bottom dollar. They could really give 2 hoots if it's  70% scalpers buying up this line & not true Joe fans.

Too bad people is getting disappointed... I will be collecting the Retro line...

10 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I don't know why, and it could just be me, but I have a feeling that the retro Joe's only in the hands of Walmart don't have a very encouraging future ahead either, repeat it could just be me.

I found them at Walmart... Not my local one... I even got the display store...😁✌️

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

When comparing your experience with that of other people over there on other websites, I must tell you that you were very lucky.

You are right. I been visiting 4 other Walmart's and nothing in stock...

For those wanting Baroness, looks like she is starting to hit Targets on the West Coast. This image from Ronald was at a Target in CA. Best I can its 3 per store so good luck.

117946304_10158869931263223_442012720235653570_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JayC said:

For those wanting Baroness, looks like she is starting to hit Targets on the West Coast. This image from Ronald was at a Target in CA. Best I can its 3 per store so good luck.

117946304_10158869931263223_442012720235653570_o.jpg

Also reported in Florida and New York.

• Thanks 1