New G.I. Joe Classified 6" Baroness, Beach Head, Cobra Trooper and Roadblock V2 Figures Revealed

JayC

3 hours ago, Merchverse said:

My local target was doing a toy reset today. Their system said they had 6 cobra troopers in stock in the back. They told me to call later to see if they could hold a few for me. When I called, they said they cant be sold until Aug. 14.

Well at least you have hope that you will get them...👍

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 2:18 PM, sonic360 said:

None of my local Targets have jack. No Star Wars, No new Transformers, No GI Joe, and let's not talk about TMNT NECA stuff. Jurassic Park is the only line that gets constantly refreshed and always has plenty of stock.

I found the Neca Turtle stuff, and that's really all I was concerned about. Well, that and getting Pulse to finally ship my Snake Eyes figure.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mako said:

I found the Neca Turtle stuff, and that's really all I was concerned about. Well, that and getting Pulse to finally ship my Snake Eyes figure.

You are lucky... Nothing here in Florida!

Hasbro today announced that the on sale date for the G.I. Joe Classified 6" Special Missions: Cobra Island figures will now be this Saturday (8/1) as opposed to the previously reproted August 14 date. Hasbro says they will be available both in store and online on 8/1.

No word exactly at what time they will be available online on 8/1, but it likely won't matter since the Scalper Bots will I am sure be there to get them before anyone else can.

Most Target stores have the Roadblock, Beach Head and Cobra Trooper in their stock rooms now. Some Targets have even started selling them now. Stores seem to have gotten 6 figures for each one. The Baroness and C.O.I.L bike however has not seemingly shown up at stores yet. It's unclear if they will be there by Saturday or not.

G.I. Joe Classified Series Baroness with C.O.I.L. Figure and Vehicle - $39.99 - DCPI 087-16-4933 - Package Art By Craig Drake

G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra Trooper Action Figure - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-9726 - Package Art By Kekai Kotaki

G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island Wayne “Beach Head” Sneeden - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-2012 - Package Art By Ashley Witter

G.I. Joe Classified Series Roadblock Action Figure - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-6262 - Package Art By Ken Lashley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayC said:

No word exactly at what time they will be available online on 8/1, but it likely won't matter since the Scalper Bots will I am sure be there to get them before anyone else can.

Still bitter? Might be time to build a bridge and get over it.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro has people LIVID right now. It's one thing to have a single Red Hulk figure as a Target exclusive that's ridiculously hard to find considering the ML line has been established for almost 20 years. I find it incredibly bizarre that they are creating such rare chase figures for what is realistically the second wave of the line. If you have someone who is kind of on the fence about collecting these, maybe got two of the first 5, and they can't even compete to get these because they are being scalped for 70$ a piece, they're going to lose interest in the line before it really even takes off.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Patr10ts said:

Hasbro has people LIVID right now. It's one thing to have a single Red Hulk figure as a Target exclusive that's ridiculously hard to find considering the ML line has been established for almost 20 years. I find it incredibly bizarre that they are creating such rare chase figures for what is realistically the second wave of the line. If you have someone who is kind of on the fence about collecting these, maybe got two of the first 5, and they can't even compete to get these because they are being scalped for 70$ a piece, they're going to lose interest in the line before it really even takes off.  

Yeah man I agree, I have not even been able to get a Destro yet, and These figures are Target Exclusives we don't have targets in canada... so who knows if we will ever even get them, so at least you have a chance... they will be in stores soon.. run and try to get them before saying all is lost my friend

• Thanks 1

Way harder than it should have been but success this morning at Target. FYI, take the 8/14 and 8/1 release date with a total grain of salt. Chances are if you wait that long to get them you will not be able to get the Cobra Trooper. Targets are in the middle of their resets this week and when your going to be able to get your hands on these is really contingent on what stage of that reset your local store is in. They should all be done by 8/1, but at the point they start to get the wrapped platelets with these figures down from the rafters (their transition area from their regular stockroom to when they are about to bring things out to be placed on shelves) these figures will be fair game. If they are still in the rafters they are probably not going to be able or willing to get them for you, but when they are brought down as they get ready to stock the shelves they will get them and sell them to you which will almost def be before 8/1. I was lucky and when I went back to my local Target this morning I managed to hit that sweet spot and got them. If I waited until later today, or tomorrow, my guess the Cobra Trooper would be gone. So what it comes down to is between now and Sat you will need to hit your target every morning until you hit that sweet spot of when they are on the floor but not on shelves yet, and of course then you will have to find a nice employee to help you get them, and they will still see 8/14 on their handhelds, so you will have to explain to them that date is no longer in effect. I know fun right???? If you decide to go through this hassle to try and get these, remember the Target employee isn't at fault for this nor your enemy. Don't give them a hard time and understand they have limited info with these and just trying to do their job as best they can under trying COVID circumstances.

Also Baroness is MIA, I have not seen any stores yet getting here in stock. While I wont say its impossible she wont show up last minute, my guess she wont be available come Sat at physical stores. She might be available online Sat assuming you can beat the Scalper Bots for her.

IMG_3802.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I really wish these weren't Target exclusive figures either.   Especially with all the collectors and scalpers in my area.   I mean, my local comic book store has some employees hunt for the Walgreens, Target and Walmart exclusives and flips them for double the price.   It's very frustrating and discouraging to see.

I'll probably toy hunt these tomorrow and everyday after to see what I can find at my local Targets.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Primus said:

Yeah, I really wish these weren't Target exclusive figures either.   Especially with all the collectors and scalpers in my area.   I mean, my local comic book store has some employees hunt for the Walgreens, Target and Walmart exclusives and flips them for double the price.   It's very frustrating and discouraging to see.

I'll probably toy hunt these tomorrow and everyday after to see what I can find at my local Targets.

Sad to hear that, but not surprised. Out of curiosity though, what does that have to do with Target exclusives? I mean, it's been my experience that scalpers, especially organized operations like you mention, will go wherever the toys are to get their ball-washing little hands on them, exclusives or not. It's just another case of "Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game."

If anything, I prefer store exclusives, at least through retailers like Walmart and Target, as they tend to stock those more heavily.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mako said:

Sad to hear that, but not surprised. Out of curiosity though, what does that have to do with Target exclusives? I mean, it's been my experience that scalpers, especially organized operations like you mention, will go wherever the toys are to get their ball-washing little hands on them, exclusives or not. It's just another case of "Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game."

If anything, I prefer store exclusives, at least through retailers like Walmart and Target, as they tend to stock those more heavily.

Well, it just adds to the difficulty and frustration to obtaining a Target exclusives as they're desired by both the collector and scalpers.   I know my local comic book store has the ability to buy directly from Hasbro and other toys manufacturers at whole sale prices, so they don't hunt for non-exclusive toys.  And because I'm working during the day, there are only certain times of the day where I'm able to make a run to Target to hunt these exclusives down.   So, my chances and opportunity to find these in stores are smaller.

I usually do pretty well with Target Hasbro exclusives, but it usually takes a few weeks and traveling to numerous Target stores.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Primus said:

Well, it just adds to the difficulty and frustration to obtaining a Target exclusives as they're desired by both the collector and scalpers. 

Once again though, that's not really a "Target" thing so much as a "Collecting" thing. Series 1 Joes aren't store exclusives, but I've only seen them in the wild twice. One of those times was a single Roadblock I'm pretty sure somebody just brought back to whatever store was closest for a refund.

• Thanks 1

I called my local Target with the Dpci code and they have it but not allowed to sell till the 14th so I will wait for it. She said they are not allowed to sell, hold or say amount of items they have...

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I called my local Target with the Dpci code and they have it but not allowed to sell till the 14th so I will wait for it. She said they are not allowed to sell, hold or say amount of items they have...

They will def be sold befor the 14th. If your lucky they may last until Sat.

• Thanks 1

One of the figures I really wanted was Baroness but her design and overall look isn't what I wanted, seems little too over armored, however, I have no doubt we will get new version or 2 or 4, since even Roadblock got new version already albeit repaint. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

They will def be sold befor the 14th. If your lucky they may last until Sat.

Well I may ask in person next time I visit that Target... But no promise that they are going to sell me something before their release time...

31 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well I may ask in person next time I visit that Target... But no promise that they are going to sell me something before their release time...

Well the release time has been changed from 8/14 to 8/1. Most Targets are selling them now but all Targets should be selling them by Sat.

• Thanks 1