New G.I. Joe Classified 6" Baroness, Beach Head, Cobra Trooper and Roadblock V2 Figures Revealed

JayC

Had all 4 in the cart @ 9 was checking out maybe 10 or 15 seconds later with Apple Pay and all but Roadblock was gone. So I somehow managed to secure Roadblock. How can a pre-order sell that quickly!!! Let’s be honest... except for some die hard fans GI Joe doesn’t even come close to Star Wars black series or Marvel Legends in popularity.
But the Joe’s sell out in maybe 20-30 seconds... crazy!!!
Hell the 4 black series exclusives lasted through out the day on Walmart last week.
Maybe they’ll pop up again but it doesn’t look like it.

• Thanks 1

Then to top it off Hasbro and Target listed an exclusive black series figure Captain Cardinal @ the same time. He’s gone too. But no chance of trying to get the Joes and Star Wars items during these 1 minute windows.

It’s like Hasbro’s saying choose between the 2 properties and you’ll be lucky if you even get one. 

Great job Hasbro... amazing figures but horrible strategy to get them into collectors hands. Scalpers hands yes but not the collector. Any U.S. collector should avoid these like the plague on eBay.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Satam said:

So if I want Baroness, I have to get that silly bike, huh?  Don't like that.

I was just thinking the same. I'm not sure I wanna spend the extra money for her considering I'm not quite digging the bike. My guess is that she'd be single packed eventually, so I could wait.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Snake_Eyes said:

Had all 4 in the cart @ 9 was checking out maybe 10 or 15 seconds later with Apple Pay and all but Roadblock was gone. So I somehow managed to secure Roadblock. How can a pre-order sell that quickly!!! Let’s be honest... except for some die hard fans GI Joe doesn’t even come close to Star Wars black series or Marvel Legends in popularity.
But the Joe’s sell out in maybe 20-30 seconds... crazy!!!
Hell the 4 black series exclusives lasted through out the day on Walmart last week.
Maybe they’ll pop up again but it doesn’t look like it.

You raise an important point here, I think. Which is that GI Joe does have it's diehard / true fans, as any collectible does, and sure they may number a bit higher than say, those who love Thundercats....but it's not in Star Wars / Transformers league. Yet, these amazingly fast sellouts keep occurring. To me? that says manufactured demand, not actual production to allow all fans to get product.  That's a strategic decision which really irks me and frankly, makes me less inclined to reward bad behavior. I probably sound just like my father (lol ugh) but it seems like rewarding Hasbro for annoying business practices....which sucks as these are great looking figures!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

I was just thinking the same. I'm not sure I wanna spend the extra money for her considering I'm not quite digging the bike. My guess is that she'd be single packed eventually, so I could wait.

I think I said this a few pages back, but since I hate all that gold nonsense she has on her uniform pictured on the poster and back of the packages, I prefer this figure.  I'm sure there will ABSOLUTELY be a single packed Baroness figure in the near future, and I am certain she'll have all that silly gold trim. So, I think I'm probably gonna have to go out hunting as often and as safely as I feel comfortable (not very) starting August 14th. But that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you serious that the premier troop builder of the GI Joe line is a surprise Target exclusive??? WTF???  And a main character like the Baroness is not only an exclusive but comes with some worthless bike???? I am really sorry I bought wave one because if I knew they'd do this I'd be out on this line. Thanks Hasbro for always doing the real fans a disservice.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fubarwomp said:

Are you serious that the premier troop builder of the GI Joe line is a surprise Target exclusive??? WTF???  And a main character like the Baroness is not only an exclusive but comes with some worthless bike???? I am really sorry I bought wave one because if I knew they'd do this I'd be out on this line. Thanks Hasbro for always doing the real fans a disservice.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these PARTICULAR versions of the figures (different deco for Roadblock, Baroness on a bike, etc.) and probably the whole Cobra Island theme, are Target exclusives, but the general consensus is they will turn up elsewhere in different decos and packaging . . . if you live anywhere but Arkansas.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AdamM said:

You raise an important point here, I think. Which is that GI Joe does have it's diehard / true fans, as any collectible does, and sure they may number a bit higher than say, those who love Thundercats....but it's not in Star Wars / Transformers league. Yet, these amazingly fast sellouts keep occurring. To me? that says manufactured demand, not actual production to allow all fans to get product.  That's a strategic decision which really irks me and frankly, makes me less inclined to reward bad behavior. I probably sound just like my father (lol ugh) but it seems like rewarding Hasbro for annoying business practices....which sucks as these are great looking figures!!

It might be partially low production but I also think these giant retailers have a distribution and inventory problem when it comes to toys.  They neither understand their own inventory nor do they know their own product thus things get poorly distributed with one market flooding in one item/wave that they then can’t sell through, while another market sees zero of that same item but instead gets flooded with a different/item wave that they also can’t sell through.  So there might be enough made but with not enough listed online and also not enough getting evenly/proportionately sent out to stores it becomes an issue all around.  Add to that the distribution problem at the store level causes people to flock to the preorder because if they don’t they might never see it in person.  And that makes the low Online quantity stretch even less far.  

All this plus the bots issue and just general 2020 issues and it adds up to a bad experience 

• Thanks 1

This is ridiculous.  I had Beachhead in the cart, went get Baroness *GONE*, tried to get the Cobra Trooper *GONE*.  When I went to my cart to check out it was empty because Beachhead sold out!  This happened in the span of 9:00:01 am and 9:00:24 am.  There have to be scalpers using bots or the inventory was so mind numbing low that they had a hundred of each.

Send messages to Hasbro Pulse in the way of constructive criticism and explain the frustration of getting these Target G.I. Joe Exclusives.

Keep bringing it up in social media tagging both Target and Hasbro. Something needs to change.  Exclusives are fine but there needs to be more control.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RC_Sev said:

This is ridiculous.  I had Beachhead in the cart, went get Baroness *GONE*, tried to get the Cobra Trooper *GONE*.  When I went to my cart to check out it was empty because Beachhead sold out!  This happened in the span of 9:00:01 am and 9:00:24 am.  There have to be scalpers using bots or the inventory was so mind numbing low that they had a hundred of each.

Send messages to Hasbro Pulse in the way of constructive criticism and explain the frustration of getting these Target G.I. Joe Exclusives.

Keep bringing it up in social media tagging both Target and Hasbro. Something needs to change.  Exclusives are fine but there needs to be more control.

Iv'e been reading that a lot of people are having this issues. I don't know if the bots thing is possible, but if so, companies should take that into consideration and implement an antibot system. I mean, come on, due to the global situation most of us are ordering mostly everything online, so they should start improving the performance and safety of their online pages.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if anyone that actually wanted these were able to get an order in or just the scalper bots.

I don't have any physical Targets around me so online is my only option for their exclusives. I have dropped collecting lines for reasons like this in the past. The Classified series is already iffy and this does not help.

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, and we have it again, I'm so bummed as usual it seems nobody had any ounce of luck, this is just yet again tragic BS, I think everyone has already spoke on the problems as we always do... these exclusives.. wrecking the fun of this hobby, I for one don't even care any more really because I can't care, because in Canada we can't even get these figures... so they hate us here in the North more than they hate you guys ... we don't even get a chance to be disappointed, I'll just wait and hope we see some of these re-deco'd in the future and I probably won't find them anyways... I might have to prematurely tap out from this Line (I can't even get Destro yet) , it is basura 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While almost all of us missed out on pre-ordering the new Target exclusive 6" G.I. Joe Classified figures yesterday off the Target website, it looks like the figures are already starting to hit the physical stores. According to our own Joe Ryan, the figures are street dated for August 14. This means even if you find them, you likely won't be able to check out with them right now. Joe tells us his store had 6 each of the single carded figures and indications are each figure is shipping in it's own case of 6. So it sounds like Joe's store got one case of each figure. Hopefully this means the figures won't be that difficult to find at stores once they are allowed to be put on shelves. Below are DCPI#'s for each figure which you can go to sites like Brickseek and check to see if they have yet arrived in your area. Happy hunting and Yo Joe.

G.I. Joe Classified Series Baroness with C.O.I.L. Figure and Vehicle - $39.99 - DCPI 087-16-4933 - Package Art By Craig Drake

G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra Trooper Action Figure - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-9726 - Package Art By Kekai Kotaki

G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island Wayne “Beach Head” Sneeden - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-2012 - Package Art By Ashley Witter

G.I. Joe Classified Series Roadblock Action Figure - $19.99 - DCPI 087-16-6262 - Package Art By Ken Lashley
  • Thanks 1

I almost hate to post these cause they are gonna make you want them even more. Remember though 8/14 us the official street date and stores are getting at least one full case for each figure in the wave it seems, so hopefully you will have a shot at em. I am guessing they will be available online again as well.

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-01.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-02.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-03.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-04.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-05.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-06.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-07.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-08.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-09.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-10.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-11.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-12.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-13.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-14.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-15.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-16.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-17.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-18.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-19.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-20.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-21.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-22.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-23.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-24.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-25.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-26.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-27.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-28.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-29.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-30.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-31.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-32.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-33.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-34.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-35.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-36.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-37.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-38.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-39.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-40.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-41.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-42.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm about to dump this line.  I have several of each preordered because I was planning on giving them to my fellow 80s nostalgia friends as birthday and holiday gifts.  Finding an exclusive at a Target store is a waste of time.  As a matter of fact, I have not found an Exclusive figure at Target since 2007.

Hasbro is pretending to show concern but they don't care.  Their inventory is getting sold so it doesn't matter.  They are counting on people being meek enough to continue collecting their lines without some key characters that are incredibly difficult to get just to cater to incredibly draconian retailers.  The only way to stop this is to flat out stop collecting their lines to send a message.

They have abused collectors for decades and this needs to stop.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JayC said:

I almost hate to post these cause they are gonna make you want them even more. Remember though 8/14 us the official street date and stores are getting at least one full case for each figure in the wave it seems, so hopefully you will have a shot at em. I am guessing they will be available online again as well.

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-01.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-02.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-03.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-04.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-05.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-06.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-07.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-08.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-09.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-10.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-11.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-12.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-13.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-14.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-15.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-16.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-17.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-18.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-19.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-20.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-21.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-22.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-23.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-24.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-25.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-26.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-27.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-28.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-29.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-30.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-31.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-32.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-33.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-34.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-35.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-36.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-37.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-38.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-39.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-40.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-41.jpg

Cobra-Island-Special-Missions-42.jpg

Those figures with that background looks good... 

So I keep hearing how these are street dated for August 14 and Targets are waiting for that time to do the toy reset and put out wave 1 also. I'll keep checking stores anyway, usually I don't have much trouble with Target Exclusives, especially compared to other Exclusives.

• Thanks 1