New G.I. Joe Classified 6" Baroness, Beach Head, Cobra Trooper and Roadblock V2 Figures Revealed

JayC

1 hour ago, mako said:

Gonna go ahead and address the elephant in the room. I hope the fact these are from a real toy company with actual mainstream resources makes the difference, and everybody gets a shot, cause after last weeks Turtle megillah, all I see right now is so much Bot-Chow.

Well, something happened.  At 8:59 they were coming soon, at 9am they were "sold out" already.

• Thanks 1

Well that sucked. Woke up at 5:30 AM to be ready to buy Joes at 6AM.    Added them to cart and went to check out.  “Sorry, cart is empty” “sold out”.  It wasn’t even 6:01 yet. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BobM said:

Umm.. "sold out" in 10 seconds?  That doesn't seem right.

No, no, for Target that's fairly par for the course. Their website is REALLY not meant for this sort of thing, something to keep in mind the next round of exclusives.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobM said:

Umm.. "sold out" in 10 seconds?  That doesn't seem right.

I think it was more like 6 seconds. I had a Cobra Trooper in my cart but was ripped away before I could check out.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SKYWARP said:

That was unreal, hit preorder and they were takin out my cart before I could even hit the checkout button.  I only wanted 1 cobra Trooper and Beach Head.   Guess I need to invest in a bot. Ha

If you collect NECA's TMNT then this is par for the course.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

Is it getting worse though?  Until this year I really don’t recall seeing this happen with standard retail items that are mass produced.  I’ve experienced this a few times with extremely limited edition stuff like MattyCollector Black Friday sales where there were super limited quantities or Convention items.  But never wide retail releases like this.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BobM said:

Target says August 14th.

Yeah, I'd get cozy with Brickseek first. Those Neca TMNTs Jay mentioned were supposed to be released at brick-n-mortar the same day they went live on-line, where the #$%& are they now?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JayC said:

Takes me back to the mattycollector days.  Always getting that white screen of death.  

I’m sure I’ll get to have this same kinda fun with toytokyo when I try to get Clawful and Blast attack.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Satam said:

It seems likely these will be on store shelves, right?  Any idea when these are supposed to be available, @JayC?

If it were any other year I’d say “no biggie” I’ll pick them up in store but with things the way they are in 2020 going to the store casually on a toy run isn’t a responsible option in a lot of the country right now.  Not sure how things are going nationwide but here in L.A. I’ve gone from going into target 4 or 5 times a week to now going 3 times total since March.  And all 3 times there was a line that was between 30 to 60 minutes to get in the store.  That’s not going to work for trying to buy items that may or may not be on the shelves.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mako said:

Yeah, I'd get cozy with Brickseek first. Those Neca TMNTs Jay mentioned were supposed to be released at brick-n-mortar the same day they went live on-line, where the #$%& are they now?

In my experience brickstreat doesn’t work at Target when it comes to specific action figures since Target physical stores use one DCPI number for an entire line which means if you look up lets say Snake Eyes it will day they have 8 in stock even though in reality they might have 8 Roadblocks.  They just count all the Joes (or Star Wars or whatever) as one inventory.  

9 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Is it getting worse though?  Until this year I really don’t recall seeing this happen with standard retail items that are mass produced.  I’ve experienced this a few times with extremely limited edition stuff like MattyCollector Black Friday sales where there were super limited quantities or Convention items.  But never wide retail releases like this.

That's life in the electronic age. WHy do you think I hate pre-orders and e-tailers. If something is on the pegs, it's there. You have the same shot of getting it as everybody else.

• Sad 1

Do we know—are these Target “Exclusives” or Target “First available”. 

7 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

In my experience brickstreat doesn’t work at Target when it comes to specific action figures since Target physical stores use one DCPI number for an entire line which means if you look up lets say Snake Eyes it will day they have 8 in stock even though in reality they might have 8 Roadblocks.  They just count all the Joes (or Star Wars or whatever) as one inventory.  

True, but in an area like mine, where Joe Classified has turned up in only one of the many, many Walmarts, and NO Targets, at least it'll tell you they have SOMETHING.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mako said:

That's life in the electronic age. WHy do you think I hate pre-orders and e-tailers. If something is on the pegs, it's there. You have the same shot of getting it as everybody else.

I really feel like prior to this year though buying online was better odds than finding them in store.  Even back when I was hitting Targets or Walgreens daily there were still tons of items I never ever saw on pegs and thus ordered online.  Maybe that’s just my market but even going to multiple Targets there would be common non exclusive stuff (like basic/common Marvel Legends, Black Series, WWE Elites, etc) you’d just never see on the pegs and thus even though I was going daily I was pretty dependent upon the online availability.  Now with Covid online has become even more necessary.  

11 minutes ago, mako said:

True, but in an area like mine, where Joe Classified has turned up in only one of the many, many Walmarts, and NO Targets, at least it'll tell you they have SOMETHING.

That’s true for me too.  In the 2 Targets I’ve been in since they would have started to come out there hasn’t even been a Joe section setup.  That said, when Brickstreet does start to show them in stock it would suck to make that trip stand in the long line and then get inside only to see a bunch of Duke and Scarletts I already have from my online orders.  At least Baroness will be traceable though since she’ll have a unique count being a deluxe item.