Mattel Is Letting You Pick The Next MOTU Origins Figure To Be Made With Fan Vote

JayC

Mattel is going to be running a fan-vote that allows you to pick one of the four figures shown below to be made into a new Masters of the Universe Origins figure. The vote is said to begin tomorrow (7/21), though they have not yet revealed where exactly or how you will go to do it. Those details we assume will also be released tomorrow.

The four figures which you can see concept art for below includes Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms and Tri-Klops as well as regular Eternia versions of Wun-Dar and Keldor. Other than the 200x version I believe this would be the first time we would see a Keldor figure done, assuming he wins the vote.

We will update this story with how to vote details once they become available.

MOTU-Origins-Vote.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm gonna say Tri-Klops. Keldor just isn't that big a name in the mythology, and the others are just sad repaints.

If it was regular Tri-Klops I would agree, but not sure how exciting that color scheme is gonna be.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mako said:

I'm gonna say Tri-Klops. Keldor just isn't that big a name in the mythology, and the others are just sad repaints.

What??? Keldor has always been a part of motu. His comic was in the 80s. He blew up in the 200x era. There was a figure made in classics and another that was on the road map. Keldor is big in the mythology. Just my opinion. I do hope he wins. But this is anti-eternia keldor. Not the one we are use too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The dispute is between three of the contenders IMO.

I've always wanted to own a Wun-Dar without having to pay a fortune I'm not the only one for sure.

Keldor is an interesting option and I would say it does indeed have a place within MoTU mythos but the design is not the one evryone was expecting.

Tri-Klops is great, I prefer the vintage accurate deco, I've seen it on the top in some unofficial polls. 

Anti Man at Arms is just the "meh" one.

Seconded!.....I'd love a well priced Wun-Dar, too. Just went to eBay and it's over $100 at least so to have one that's not that range and perhaps better quality / updated body sculpt? That has my vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eternia said:

What??? Keldor has always been a part of motu. His comic was in the 80s. He blew up in the 200x era. There was a figure made in classics and another that was on the road map. Keldor is big in the mythology. Just my opinion. I do hope he wins. But this is anti-eternia keldor. Not the one we are use too.

I'm pretty sure the whole Keldore thing was made up for the 2000s series. Personally, I wouldn't vote for any of them. Give me a dang Stratos. Now HE was there from the beginning. Series 1.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mako said:

I'm pretty sure the whole Keldore thing was made up for the 2000s series. Personally, I wouldn't vote for any of them. Give me a dang Stratos. Now HE was there from the beginning. Series 1.

There is a 80s mini comic that came with the motu figures called, "The search for Keldor". This was the introduction to him. The line went under before his figure came out. But he was definitely an 80s concept. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eternia said:

There is a 80s mini comic that came with the motu figures called, "The search for Keldor". This was the introduction to him. The line went under before his figure came out. But he was definitely an 80s concept. 

Interesting! Thank you for the history on it : )

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:22 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Undoubtedly, the Ugly  Christmas Sweater Tri-Klops has more than the double of the votes.

That certainly is very surprising, because how the Wundar Figure has been mystify over the years by fans, documentaries and sellers... 

18 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Yes, I also thought that Wun-Dar would win relatively easily...the disadvantages of democracy, I suppose 😁 or maybe people believe that there won't be another Origins Tri-Klops, I don't know, even now I'm also afraid that Tri-Klops would win the vote against Keldor; we don't know how Mattel will sell the winner, as an exclusive or as part of the regular line, but in any case I think it would be an easy pass for me.

If I'm not mistaken Tri Klops is already in the arts of the packaging so it's coming on the main line... It will be a waist to get another Trip Klops...

Mattel has opened up the final round of voting for their Masters of the Universe Origins Fan Poll. The voting is being done on their Facebook page and other social media platforms. You have 24 hours to vote.

The final round sees Keldor going up against Tri-Klops. The winner of this round will be made into a Origins action figure. The winner will be announced at Power-Con.
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JayC said:
Mattel has opened up the final round of voting for their Masters of the Universe Origins Fan Poll. The voting is being done on their Facebook page and other social media platforms. You have 24 hours to vote.

The final round sees Keldor going up against Tri-Klops. The winner of this round will be made into a Origins action figure. The winner will be announced at Power-Con.

I can't believe Tri Klops is going to be the winner of this contest...