G.I. Joe Classified Wave 2 In-Hand Images Show Cobra Commander Is Packed 3 Per Case

JayC

Thanks to an in-hand image showing the second wave of 6" G.I. Joe Classified figures via t0ytime we can see Hasbro is including three of the Cobra Commander figures, 2 Gung-Ho and only one of the army builder Red Ninja figures per case. One has to wonder why Hasbro didn't include at least 2 of the army builder figures, but that's Hasbro for you I guess.

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2.jpg

It is funny how the army builder Red Ninja is only 1 per case, this case should have been 3 ninjas, 2 Cobra Commanders, 1 Gung Ho. Hopefully the Ninja will be offered later as part of a future wave.

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

It is funny how the army builder Red Ninja is only 1 per case, this case should have been 3 ninjas, 2 Cobra Commanders, 1 Gung Ho

This is what I thought (that seems like the best configuration), we all now know, you won't be finding yourselves any Red Ninjas when this wave hits, if people are buying multiples.. they are going to be the hardest to find even more so then the fact they are 1 per case

man Hasbro are slick and grimey with it

3 hours ago, Traves said:

Not a real case load, it would only come with one figure twice. It has already been announced wave 2 will be Gung-Ho, Red Ninja, Cobra Commander x2, Barroness and Storm Shadow.

Ah noooo. This is whats shipping right now. Storm Shadow and Baroness are not in this wave. I don't care who reported what, this is what people are getting NOW hence the in hand image.

7 hours ago, Roadkill said:

What area was this picture taken?

if it stated in the article I missed it. Just curious 

I believe these are starting to show up in Canada right now.

1 hour ago, andoy24 said:

3 cobra commanders seem to be too much.. I would assume 2 is good as you keep 1 for your collection, 1 for action display.

A better case breakdown would have been 3 Cobra Commanders who will likely be the most sought after figure in the wave and  Red Ninjas as the army builder, and made Gung Ho the shortpacked figure which will likely warm pegs if these start shipping in any real numbers. Red Ninja will likely get released in greater numbers in future case assortments so I don't expect it to be rare long term,  but starting off its probably gonna be tough to find one on shelves.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

A better case breakdown would have been 3 Cobra Commanders who will likely be the most sought after figure in the wave and  Red Ninjas as the army builder, and made Gung Ho the shortpacked figure which will likely warm pegs if these start shipping in any real numbers. Red Ninja will likely get released in greater numbers in future case assortments so I don't expect it to be rare long term,  but starting off its probably gonna be tough to find one on shelves.

100% agree...by definition, and army builder should be in higher quantity. Especially one that lends itself to classic diorama building, e.g. how many of us want to have our scenes setup of Snake Eyes vs. a small army of red ninjas?! ..Do you know, can retailers return product? I absolutely could see Gung Ho being left on the pegs, are those returnable or were they but not anymore due to COVID?

It really is weird. I mean, why not even have them come 2 of each. 

1 hour ago, AdamM said:

I absolutely could see Gung Ho being left on the peg

I think you're right. So far the only figures from wave 1 that I've seen sold out are Snake Eyes and Destroy, so it makes sense Gun Ho may be the one that's left on the pegs. Most people are gonna wanna buy at least two of the red ninja, so it's gonna be a pain to try and get one.

This is a weird case breakdown, I know Cobra Commander is popular being the main antagonist but 3 seems a bit much; especially where there's 2 upcoming variants that people might go for. Granted those are exclusives but still more options. I guess that's why both Amazon and Target are still taking preorders for Cobra Commander. The only thing I can think of is that Hasbro is planning to give the Red Ninja the same army builder treatment they gave the ML Hydra and AIM soldiers recently.

25 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

It really is weird. I mean, why not even have them come 2 of each. 

I think you're right. So far the only figures from wave 1 that I've seen sold out are Snake Eyes and Destroy, so it makes sense Gun Ho may be the one that's left on the pegs. Most people are gonna wanna buy at least two of the red ninja, so it's gonna be a pain to try and get one.

Which is a shame as he's a really good figure... I blame the shipping strategy, not the sculpting or figure popularity.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JayC said:
Thanks to an in-hand image showing the second wave of 6" G.I. Joe Classified figures via t0ytime we can see Hasbro is including three of the Cobra Commander figures, 2 Gung-Ho and only one of the army builder Red Ninja figures per case. One has to wonder why Hasbro didn't include at least 2 of the army builder figures, but that's Hasbro for you I guess.

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2.jpg

that is rough. If i got that I'd be next level annoyed.

Yeah thats very upsetting that hasbro did this, specially knowing there will be 3 different decos of Cobra commander Figures released this year, knowing this they should have packed CC 2 per case not three, at the very least the case should have been 2 of each per case though I thik Gun Ho could have been packed 1 per case and 3 ninjas knowing these are army builders, hopefully they repack him in another wave and they learn from this and future army builders are better packed