Walmart Collector Con Official Announcement

JayC

11 minutes ago, AdamM said:

Movie Cable(waste of plastic).   .... lol yep. This product offering is doing nothing so far to tempt my wallet.

•  

Yeah, nothing so far has been a need so I'm not so upset about the caca storm that was this Walmart Collector Con.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AdamM said:

Ok product being added but no links working..yet.... Hmm, not sure if I see any "must buys" but apparently more for Transformers & GI Joe being revealed in a half hour.

I don't see pictures on most of the Joe stuff there...

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Everything within the parameters. Did anyone expect anything different?.

Honsestly, I expected the Funko stuff to go up with everything else but also be sold out immediately. 
Going on the website at five minutes to 10, refreshing every 30 seconds only to see "coming soon" and then having to figure out when the hell that might be would have been my second guess.

So I had an odd experience with this this morning.  At roughly 6:30AM pacific time (9:30 eastern) while watching the Transformers live stream I refreshed my 3 screens sitting on that Walmart page and one of the pages suddenly showed me the portal where I could go in and order some of the items.  So basically on one computer I somehow got in a half hour early.  At that time the images/names/descriptions were still missing and all the Joe/Transformers stuff was shown as out of stock, but I was at that time able to order all the Marvel and Star Wars items (even though I had no idea what I was actually ordering at that time).  

So that was kind of weird.  

Did the AWE Striker ever show up as in stock?  I was able to get all the Joes once they did go live but I never saw the AWE striker show up as available so not sure if it just sold out quick or if it’s still coming

18 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm curious, are these collector con items being sold in store? Or Are they online only?

Jay will probably have a better answer, but it's my understanding that many of these items are to be sold in stores, too. Most of us, however, really wouldn't have any better luck with that.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, Satam said:

Jay will probably have a better answer, but it's my understanding that many of these items are to be sold in stores, too. Most of us, however, really wouldn't have any better luck with that.

Agreed. so far the in store selection has been spotty at best, non-existent on a normal day. It's a frustrating time to collect....hmm although I suppose if you sell on the after-market you're happy..so..yay for that.

• Thanks 1

I went to Walmart Friday, it was barren. Not a single Marvel Legends on shelf. One ESB 40th Anniversary Lando thats been on the peg for over a month. They also had a bunch of Multiverse Batman (Det Comic 1000, BTAS and White Knight)  a few Tramsformers, wave 2 of the Masters of the WWE, 4 Plasma series Peter Venkmum and a set of the Retro Ghostbusters figures with bent up cardbacks.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, Satam said:

Im still waiting for Walmarts PR people to get back to me on that. They didnt know but said they would check. I think some will and some wont but dont know for sure.

23 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Yeah, my old Walmart was pretty decent for finding stuff. The one where I moved to now is depressing, empty shelves and no sign of stocking. 

Most of my Walmarts are weird. Most of the time, their toy departments look like my local K-Mart the day before it closed. Then maybe once or twice a year, usually around the holidays, you'll hit one and it's like Randall visiting the video store in Clerks. Pegs loaded to near overflowing with everything you could want. BEAUTIFUL. A week later, its the surface of the moon again.

Mind you, this was before Covid-19 ever became a thing. Nowadays . . . no change whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, Judithh said:

Does these toys can be shipped overseas too? Or I have to look somewhere else? 😐

Nope, which is my gripe all the time with these Target/Walmart/Walgreen exclusives... the sites solely ship within the US, however these figures maybe and can show up as exclusives to stores in your country.. but also might not.. you probably also won't get any information in regards to if they are.. you may just one day waltz into a retailer and see one of these US exclusives on a peg or maybe click your fav local etailer.. and go wow cool, but most likely you won't know and you will miss out, happens often here in Canada so I can imagine elsewhere is the same... really makes me mad, that there is little to no support from these companies outside of the US and whom these companies might partner with if at all internationally, so yeah maybe look elsewhere...or my motto is... fagata bout it..maybe you might get lucky... or there is always the fact these are really technically EBay exclusives for 80 bucks in your currency

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, Judithh said:

Does these toys can be shipped overseas too? Or I have to look somewhere else? 😐

I don't think so... You may have to relay on buying at another retailer online if there is any or buy from eBay or from another fan that can give you a better price than on all the other options...