Walmart Collector Con Official Announcement

JayC

Walmart has sent out official word to promote their "Collector Con" event. It doesn't really tell us anything more than what we already knew just by looking at their landing page, but we thought we would pass it on to you anyway.

Starting tomorrow, July 17 at 10 a.m. EST, fans can pre-order exclusive, limited edition items from McFarlane, Mondo, Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers and more.

Many of the items were meant to be at the comic convention, but are now being exclusively offered to Walmart customers.

Below is a sneak peek at a few products we thought you and your readers would be interested in.

· Spider-Man Peter Parker (Marvel Comics) ($56.00)

· Dragon Ball Z – 3D Foam Figural Bag Clip – 3 pc Collector’s Set ($17.50)

· Rick & Morty – Rick Figure ($18.00)

· Rick & Morty – Morty Figure ($18.00)

Collector Con is just the beginning – a highly curated selection of pop culture items and exclusive offerings will now be regularly featured in Walmart stores and on walmart.com/collectibles.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayC said:
Walmart has sent out official word to promote their "Collector Con" event. It doesn't really tell us anything more than what we already knew just by looking at their landing page, but we thought we would pass it on to you anyway.

Starting tomorrow, July 17 at 10 a.m. EST, fans can pre-order exclusive, limited edition items from McFarlane, Mondo, Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers and more.

Many of the items were meant to be at the comic convention, but are now being exclusively offered to Walmart customers.

Below is a sneak peek at a few products we thought you and your readers would be interested in.

· Spider-Man Peter Parker (Marvel Comics) ($56.00)

· Dragon Ball Z – 3D Foam Figural Bag Clip – 3 pc Collector’s Set ($17.50)

· Rick & Morty – Rick Figure ($18.00)

· Rick & Morty – Morty Figure ($18.00)

Collector Con is just the beginning – a highly curated selection of pop culture items and exclusive offerings will now be regularly featured in Walmart stores and on walmart.com/collectibles.

Hopefully this will be better handle than today's Target debacle...

11 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Not intending to be pessimistic about it, but I doubt it and doubt it very much.

I feel the same, and I wish I didn't , it's gonna be an ugly time for us all. I'm pre-ordering a towel to throw down and a heap of disappointment, because I'm already about to tap out and it all is about to just begin 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Not intending to be pessimistic about it, but I doubt it and doubt it very much.

I think Hasbro will handle this better since they are a bigger company... 

Walmart as a retailer let see how their system works on the stock they have for this release if indeed they start tomorrow selling the new unhealed items...

1 hour ago, AdamM said:

Did I miss it? do we know what the · Spider-Man Peter Parker (Marvel Comics) ($56.00  figure is??

I don't know for sure, but my impression was that it wasn't a action figure. IDK if the (Marvel Comics) is to indicate what it is or just who Spider-Man is affiliated with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Satam said:

Why does the counter appear to be going to 7AM Eastern Time and not 10?

IDK, I thought the counter looked off to me, but I didnt count it down. Typical Walmart efficiency I am sure.

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm pre-ordering a towel to throw down and a heap of disappointment, because I'm already about to tap out and it all is about to just begin 

We cannot add the towel to your basket or guarantee it will be available later. However, you may check out whatever disappointment you may already have in your basket.

13 minutes ago, mako said:

We cannot add the towel to your basket or guarantee it will be available later. However, you may check out whatever disappointment you may already have in your basket.

spacer.png

LMAO

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Why does the counter appear to be going to 7AM Eastern Time and not 10?

It seems to be correct here on the west coast

7 hours ago, JayC said:

IDK, I thought the counter looked off to me, but I didnt count it down. Typical Walmart efficiency I am sure.

Yeah, the countdown is just saying -1 -1 -3 -42.  Still seem to looking at around 10 for things to go live, but I checked at 7 just to be sure.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RayOra said:

I think the Peter Parker figure is from the Beast Kingdom Egg Attack line/series. I'm just guessing but I'm probably wrong.

Thats possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Yeah, the countdown is just saying -1 -1 -3 -42.  Still seem to looking at around 10 for things to go live, but I checked at 7 just to be sure.

LOL, I saw that. Ita def a technical glitch. Things dont go live until 10am ET.

• Thanks 1

So apparently the prices Walmart sent out on those items where to low, they've since sent out an updated price list

-Spider-Man Peter Parker (Marvel Comics) ($80.00)
·Dragon Ball Z – 3D Foam Figural Bag Clip – 3 pc ·Collector’s Set ($25.00)
·Rick & Morty – Rick Figure ($25.00)
·Rick & Morty – Morty Figure ($25.00)
·Vinyl Spawn Baby BLACK ($25.00)
·Vinyl Spawn Baby BLUE ($25.00)

• Thanks 1

So there was a couple of things that caught my eye there were 4 when I clicked on them they said star wars on the top no images or description it was guessing. By the time they came up who was who from the Star Wars figures they were sold out. Same thing with the Marvel figures which turned out to be Venomized Cap(ugh) and Movie Cable(waste of plastic). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Walmart is really screwing this up with it already being 10 minutes after 10 and no images for the products being sold.  One of the vehicles is already showing up as sold out as well.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

So there was a couple of things that caught my eye there were 4 when I clicked on them they said star wars on the top no images or description it was guessing. By the time they came up who was who from the Star Wars figures they were sold out. Same thing with the Marvel figures which turned out to be Venomized Cap(ugh) and Movie Cable(waste of plastic). 

Movie Cable(waste of plastic).   .... lol yep. This product offering is doing nothing so far to tempt my wallet.

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1