Storm Collectibles Announces 1/12 Mortal Kombat Scorpion And Raiden SDCC Exclusive Figures

JayC

Storm Collectibles has announced two 1/12 scale Mortal Kombat figures to be released as 2020 Summer Event exclusives or in other words SDCC. Check out images for both below in our GALLERY.

First up is Scorpion! This figure features an entirely new body with enhanced joints and articulation in addition to a wide array of exciting accessories!

"Get Over Here!" Scorpion Hanzo Hasashi was once a member of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja Clan. Given the name Scorpion for his deadly fighting skills, his life was blessed with glorious kombat in the name of his Grand Master. His signature move is his spear and hellfire. When his mask is removed, his head is a (flaming) skull. Scorpion is a fan favorite, appearing regularly since Mortal Kombat Klassic.

Product Features:
- Newly developed body with new joints,
- Interchanging Mask Head / Skull Head
- 4 x interchanging hands
- 1 x Chain
- 3 x Flame Effects

Raiden is the God of Thunder and Protector of Earthrealm. Ageless and wise beyond measure, he leads Earthrealm’s mortals in the endless battle against the forces of darkness. When Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld, threatened to merge his realm with Earthrealm, an overwhelmed Raiden implored the Elder Gods to give Earthrealm a fighting chance. Thus the Mortal Kombat tournament was created. For millennia Shao Kahn has been kept at bay, but nine consecutive losses to Goro have eroded hope that Earthrealm can be saved. Determined to prevent Armageddon, Raiden tirelessly quests to find a champion worthy of Mortal Kombat.

Raiden is fully articulated and features: - 3 x Head Sculpts
- 6 x Pairs of Hands (one pair of hands with lightning bolt)
- Lightning Bolt Effect
- Raiden’s Fatality Effect

Pre-Orders will go live on https://www.bluefinbrands.com/sdcc on 7/22 until 7/26 or while supplies last.

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-01.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-02.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-03.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-04.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-05.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-06.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-07.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-08.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-09.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-10.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-11.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-12.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-13.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-14.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-15.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-16.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-17.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-18.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-19.jpg

2020-SDCC-Storm-Collectibles-Mortal-Kombat-20.jpg

• Like 2

Scorpion looks vicious with all the flame effects and skull head Strom does amazing with the MK figures expensive top notch figures I'm waiting on their Motaro the coolest mortal kombat character 

13 minutes ago, SclassHiei said:

Scorpion looks vicious with all the flame effects and skull head Strom does amazing with the MK figures expensive top notch figures I'm waiting on their Motaro the coolest mortal kombat character 

I expect full details and images on Motaro will come this month. The prototype at Toy Fair looked good.

• Thanks 1

I am so torn on this one. I dont have mk1 scorpion so this mk1 look from mk11 is a decent replacement altho not fully exact which would in turn make the rest of my mk1/2 ninjas look weird. Tho those flame effects are tight and the overall figure doesnt look all that bad. I guess if anything I can try my luck at nabbing it and if i dont like it, I can always resell it. 

I can deal without the new red Raiden..if this were a different costumed one, then maybe. But for me, for now I think I'll wait for the blue tunic Raiden. This Scorpion is a must have, definitely my next preorder. Hope they bring back Shao Kahn 

Im not as big of a fan of MK to know the slight costume changes between games but this new one looks better in my opinion than the first MK1 Scorpion figure, Im liking how it looks

This thing is one big cluster%^&*... Taking over 30 minutes to get 2 figures into the shopping cart and to having the shopping cart load.  Then clicking on checkout brings up the shipping page which tells you that there is a problem and to try later.  Nice thing is buying one of each figure, you do get a free figure.