G.I. Joe And Transformers Fan First Friday Announced For 7/17 - G.I. Joe 3 3/4" Retro Expected To Be A Focus

JayC

With Walmart's Collector Con event expected to go live this coming Friday at 10am ET which will include Hasbro exclusives, it's no surprise that Hasbro will be doing one of their live stream events to likely announce their exclusives that will be offered at Walmart. This will be another double feature with Transformers starting at 9:30am and G.I. Joe going at 10am ET.

For G.I. Joe the focus is likely going to be the long rumored 3 3/4" G.Joe Retro Line that will be exclusive to Walmart. Indications are the first wave will include figures of Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness and two vehicles with the HISS Tank and A.W.E Striker.

A second wave is also rumored to include Destro, Roadblock and Scarlett. We still don't know exactly what kind of 3 3/4" figures these Retro figure will be, 25th Anniversary type sculpts or more classic o-rings. O-Ring designs are seeming more and more likely but we should know for sure on Friday.

The first wave is expected to be made available for purchase on Walmart's website on Friday, costing around $13 each. Place holders for the figures have been on the site for a couple of months now.

GIJ RETRO FIGURE MANTIS SKU# 513900390

GIJ RETRO FIGURE DARKLING SKU# 233031189

GIJ RETRO FIGURE SCORPION SKU# 634866260

GIJ RETRO FIGURES TARANTULA SKU# 606601997

GIJ-RETRO-FIGURE-MAYFLY SKU:

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE COBRA H.I.S.S. SKU# 388022731

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE AWE STRIKER SKU# 926584486

Check back Friday for full coverage of everything that is revealed.

Hasbro-GIJoe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So wait.... the GI Joe Livestream happens after the Walmart Collector’s sale has gone live and the TF one starts only 30 minutes before (presuming they are on time which they often aren’t).  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

So wait.... the GI Joe Livestream happens after the Walmart Collector’s sale has gone live and the TF one starts only 30 minutes before (presuming they are on time which they often aren’t).  

TF 30 mins before, and the GIJoe will be as it goes live. Yes it would seem so. And we still dont know how they are going to announce Star Wars and Marvel, though best guess is through someplace like IGN tomorrow of Friday morning.

• Thanks 1

Just my speculation but GIJoe and Transformers arn't just announcing SDCC exclusives, they are announcing new lines exclusive to Walmart hence why they get live-stream and Marvel and Star Wars will likely just get news posts.

For GIJoe the focus will be the Retro line and Transformers I think is getting a new line at Walmart of Studio Series figures based on the 80's animated movie

• Thanks 2

Please Hasbro let that G.I. Joe retro line become a reality, i truly would like to see how amazing those figures are, even though they are yet another walmart exclusive.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayC said:

TF 30 mins before, and the GIJoe will be as it goes live. Yes it would seem so. And we still dont know how they are going to announce Star Wars and Marvel, though best guess is through someplace like IGN tomorrow of Friday morning.

This seems like its really pushing it.  I mean out here on the West Coast (where the convention this sales centered around usually happens) that first live stream is at 6:30 AM.  Not an ideal time for viewership.  That makes me think they would only schedule these that early because they need to announce something that connects to the Walmart sale.  

And With all this I’m thinking to myself, do I want to be watching the. presentations or do I want to be using all my screens and internet bandwidth for refreshing the Walmart page.  I’d say focus on the active sale but then so often they announce some special live sales link or something along those lines during these live streams that you don't want to miss,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JayC said:

Just my speculation but GIJoe and Transformers arn't just announcing SDCC exclusives, they are announcing new lines exclusive to Walmart hence why they get live-stream and Marvel and Star Wars will likely just get news posts.

For GIJoe the focus will be the Retro line and Transformers I think is getting a new line at Walmart of Studio Series figures based on the 80's animated movie

I think you’re right that it will be more than just the SDCC stuff.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

That makes me think they would only schedule these that early because they need to announce something that connects to the Walmart sale. 

100% and frankly it all comes off very rushed and not well thought out. I suppose part of it is due to the fact this is all pretty uncharted territory with SDCC being canceled and a lot of things having to be thrown together quickly working with a lot of different moving parts with many people still basically working out of their home.

My general thought is that whatever goes up on Walmart Friday for Transformers and GIJoe aren't going to be things that sell out instantly, but I def would have at least one browser open to the Walmart website if you decide to watch the stream videos.

• Thanks 1

A Sigh of relief for me if Hasbro plans on only doing this Vintage thing for the G.I. Joe SDCC exclusives, because then I don't want them.. I hope none of the SDCC exclusives are the Classified line, please please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

A Sigh of relief for me if Hasbro plans on only doing this Vintage thing for the G.I. Joe SDCC exclusives, because then I don't want them.. I hope none of the SDCC exclusives are the Classified line, please please

Watch Hasbro release Flint, Lady Jaye, Baroness, Storm Shadow and a Crimson Guard as a SDCC exclusive boxset. lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

Watch Hasbro release Flint, Lady Jaye, Baroness, Storm Shadow and a Crimson Guard as a SDCC exclusive boxset. lol

I will levitate in my seat with so much anger/sorrow , I probably will just have to close my eyes until the smoke clears, if that's what they are going to release... lucky enough there is no way they would release every one of those hard hitters in one go, but.... maybe 2 or 3 of them... no I don't want to think about it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I will levitate in my seat with so much anger/sorrow , I probably will just have to close my eyes until the smoke clears, if that's what they are going to release... lucky enough there is no way they would release every one of those hard hitters in one go, but.... maybe 2 or 3 of them... no I don't want to think about it

Don't worry they'll release them again down the line with some slight changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

Don't worry they'll release them again down the line with some slight changes.

yeah I mean that seems a correct assumption, I mean if they are such hard hitters no way they wouldn't want to rake in the cash on such big characters. the suspense of all this exclusive SDCC business is really workin me, can't we get it over with already , I already warned my Girlfriend over and over about how I'm going to be screaming and rejoicing at the computer screen in these weeks to come, and talking at least 10% more about figures then usual 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah I mean that seems a correct assumption, I mean if they are such hard hitters no way they wouldn't want to rake in the cash on such big characters. the suspense of all this exclusive SDCC business is really workin me, can't we get it over with already , I already warned my Girlfriend over and over about how I'm going to be screaming and rejoicing at the computer screen in these weeks to come, and talking at least 10% more about figures then usual 

I'm mentally preparing myself for missing out on the SDCC exclusives. I have been trying  to convince myself that whatever it is I won't need it since my chances are not looking good right now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayC said:

My general thought is that whatever goes up on Walmart Friday for Transformers and GIJoe aren't going to be things that sell out instantly, but I def would have at least one browser open to the Walmart website if you decide to watch the stream videos.

Those 2 brands probably won’t but I’m also going to be going after the Marvel and Star Wars offerings.  (And possibly Ghostbusters if they have something).  

Also I suspect there will be some other vendor offerings I’ll want too.  Typically every year for SDCC I have a list of over 20 booths I’m trying to hit up between preview and Thursday morning.  With this being an online experience now I’ll probably be picking up less this year but if they truly have over 70 items I suspect it will be more than just Hasbro I’ll be after.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, JayC said:

Purely curious as I would freaking LOVE That...but why do you think Transformers is getting 80's movie figures?!

• Thanks 1

On a side note, I noticed that at 6:30 PM tonight  The Walmart timer on their website was listed at 12 hours and 30 minutes left which makes the timer hit zero at 7 AM.  But the graphic listed the preorder starting at 9 AM Central.  What's with the 2 hour difference?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Outsiders said:

On a side note, I noticed that at 6:30 PM tonight  The Walmart timer on their website was listed at 12 hours and 30 minutes left which makes the timer hit zero at 7 AM.  But the graphic listed the preorder starting at 9 AM Central.  What's with the 2 hour difference?

West Coast time?

• 2 months later...

I got an email about these figures from Walmart and they changed the release dates.

Storm Shadow - Same release date.

Baroness - 12/01/2020

Snake-Eyes - 12/01/2020

Destro - 01/05/2021

All three figures are available for preorder again except for Storm Shadow.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Should have known this would happen from Walmart but I received one of two Storm Shadow figures via FedEx today.  Now I don't know why Walmart decided to ship only one of my two figure order but the problem is they used a box way too small.  They put the carded figure into the box and pushed it down so the top of the card was bent and has spider webs.  The bottom of the card was pushed down to the point that the bubble came released from the card.  I checked my account and I have until January for a refund or replacement but how am I supposed to get a replacement when the figure is sold out?  I wouldn't worry if I opened all my figures but I don't so I'm worried now how the rest of the figures are going to be showing up.

100_5201.jpg

100_5202.jpg

• Thanks 1