NECA Looking To Offer TMNT Movie Turtle 2-Packs On Their Website This Week Plus Casey & Foot Animated Series 2-Pack Hitting Target This Week

JayC

I hope they do this. I REALLY want that Muckman they're making. Muckman was my favorite Ninja Turtles toy as a kid. I STILL have my original Muckman figure. I also hope Super 7 gives us an updated Muckman with the classic toy look

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asterix said:

I hope they do this. I REALLY want that Muckman they're making. Muckman was my favorite Ninja Turtles toy as a kid. I STILL have my original Muckman figure. I also hope Super 7 gives us an updated Muckman with the classic toy look

I like the Rat King...

9 hours ago, Dgaray said:

I still haven’t seen metalhead or Casey Jones/foot soldier 2pk so I guess at this point I never will.

Yes, of course, because if you haven't found them within ONLY the first month of release, that means they will NEVER be available again.  You have figured out toy distribution down to an art form, sir, my compliments and congratulations!
<P>
. . . Or, you know, you could just keep checking periodically, 'cuz they do restock over time, and numerous people have managed to find them later on (though you wouldn't think so based on the complainers), and just not get so fatalistic about a collector's line of toys . . . .
<P>
Nah, you're probably right. Ain't even worth it.  🙄

• Thanks 1

Neca is really hooking up the scalpers lately. I know things are tough in the world right now, but there are real opportunities out there for folks who have sophisticated bots and awesome products to price gouge. Neca is all heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rayne said:

Neca is really hooking up the scalpers lately. I know things are tough in the world right now, but there are real opportunities out there for folks who have sophisticated bots and awesome products to price gouge. Neca is all heart.

Wow, that's some quality sarcasm there. While your dreaming up those zingers, though, you might wanna remember Neca is a victim of scalping just like you or I. For that matter, so are Hasbro, Mattel, Playmates, McFarlane, Jazwares, etc. Unlike those guys, though, Neca is actually trying to do something about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, Roadpigmaster said:

I did not... I still need to get some of those figures now or later but not quiting...

Yeah, I haven't given up yet either.

I still have hope that I may be able to get my hands on Bebop and Rocksteady when they're scheduled to be restocked next month.

• Thanks 1

So does the “Sold Out” on Slash and Leatherneck’s page mean they haven’t gone up on sale today or does it mean I wasn’t looking during the split second they already went up and sold out today?  Having the page indicate a difference between “coming soon” and “actually it came and sold out already” would be nice instead of having the page just say “sold out” the entire time.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Hit my two local Targets this morning when they opened to see if there was any sign of Slash and Leatherhead. Nada..

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Took a little over a week for Casey and Metalhead to show up here. Gonna try and get out to my local store tonight, and hit the other two this weekend, but I'll be seriously surprised if I find anything this early in the game.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mako said:

Took a little over a week for Casey and Metalhead to show up here. Gonna try and get out to my local store tonight, and hit the other two this weekend, but I'll be seriously surprised if I find anything this early in the game.

But see im not gonna play the let me hit my Target every day until they decide to show up in hopes I might find em if I happen to be there the moment they hit shelves. They are nice figures but not that nice. Today was the day they were supposed to be available so I went to see if they were. They weren't.  At this point I have no realistic expectation of seeing this on shelves now or in the future. As I understand it stores are only getting 2 at a time. Thats ridiculous. As for online, I dont even know if they are going up today. Since I've seen NECA make no mention of online sales today my guess is they aren't. Not that it would matter cause the bots will get them before I would be able to. This line continues to be uncollectible for probably 90% of the people out there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

I still have hope that I may be able to get my hands on Bebop and Rocksteady when they're scheduled to be restocked next month.

Hey, when they restocked R & B last time, the shelves at both my local Targets were lousy with them for a couple of weeks. That's when I got mine. I'd be willing to bet you'll find yours.

And don't believe that crap about stores only receiving two at a time. There were at least 4 or 5 Casey sets and at least that many Metalheads when I found them. I know, cause I went through all the Casey sets to find one that wasn't to dinged up. None of them were that bad, I was just being anal.

Remember, we're not all YouTube reviewers, the toys won't come to us. If we want them, we have to work for 'em, and that's just fine with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The guys at EBgames the other day told me these are going to hit shelves soon, the April & Foot Soldier and Casey & Foot Soldier

if you can YOU can pre-order them from Canada here... they are not selling out, if you really want to secure them and maybe pay more, but no scalper prices

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782708/tmnt-casey-jones-and-foot-soldier-7-action-figure-2-pack-cartoon-series-3

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782709/tmnt-april-oneil-and-foot-soldier-7-action-figure-2-pack-cartoon-series-3

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

The guys at EBgames the other day told me these are going to hit shelves soon, the April & Foot Soldier and Casey & Foot Soldier

if you can YOU can pre-order them from Canada here... they are not selling out, if you really want to secure them and maybe pay more, but no scalper prices

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782708/tmnt-casey-jones-and-foot-soldier-7-action-figure-2-pack-cartoon-series-3

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782709/tmnt-april-oneil-and-foot-soldier-7-action-figure-2-pack-cartoon-series-3

unless you live in Canada, I dont believe you can get them from there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Hey, when they restocked R & B last time, the shelves at both my local Targets were lousy with them for a couple of weeks. That's when I got mine. I'd be willing to bet you'll find yours.

And don't believe that crap about stores only receiving two at a time. There were at least 4 or 5 Casey sets and at least that many Metalheads when I found them. I know, cause I went through all the Casey sets to find one that wasn't to dinged up. None of them were that bad, I was just being anal.

Remember, we're not all YouTube reviewers, the toys won't come to us. If we want them, we have to work for 'em, and that's just fine with me.

I never saw Rocksteady and Bebop on shelves around here. Someone from Texas hooked me up at cost is the only reason I have that set. I got wave one off eBay but never saw them on shelves and at that point I said never again for eBay. I saw one time the other figures in wave 2 which were reissues from wave 1. Again for Casey and the Foot someone hooked me up at cost but never saw it around here. I get some areas in the country stock a little better than others and if your willing to hunt daily for them you might find them, in those cases.

No I wont work for them like that. I am not going to sit there and go to Target daily to try and maybe find something. The fact you seem ok with that in order to be able to collect something is just crazy to me. And if I dont get them it means I wont have them and I wont collect the line, and if that is what it comes down to I am ok with that. Its a sad state for the hobby but I will live without them, and will have plenty of other things I can spend my money on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yep, you have to have a Canadian address to be able to buy from there. I think however there is a greater point here being lost by some. While I like these figures, I am not a diehard TMNT fan, and my life goes on if I dont get them. This isn't about me or any one person getting the figures. Its about the hobby as a whole and the steps and hoops we are being made to jump through in order to get things like this more and more from toy companies across the board. I have a louder soap box than most to be able to try and voice these concerns, but this is something every collector should be standing up and saying enough is enough, and saying it with their wallets not just on a message board or FB social media group. Maybe I am wrong and most of you dont mind having to go through all this just to buy some action figures. Maybe its more about the thrill of the hunt and you like running to Targets and Walmarts daily to try and get stuff, or money is no object and your fine spending three time the cost of something in order to get it. IDK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

see I have no idea , I do know I cannot order from Gamestop, it redirects me to EBgames.ca so perhaps that maybe be the case with US buyers who try to go to EBgames.ca

but has any one tried?

4 hours ago, mako said:

It’s fantastic that you were able to find them and I hope you continue to keep finding them.  That’s great news for you and something I am sincerely 100% glad to hear.  The experience you are having finding these sounds exactly like it should be for everyone so I’m glad at the very least it is being that way for some people including you.  

The thing is you keep saying things that imply that the only reason other people who live in other cities surrounded by other Targets in other parts of the country are failing to find them is because they aren’t trying hard enough or aren’t being patient enough and that simply isn’t true.  Many many people are having problems finding them because there are serious distribution problems and for those people living in poor to no distribution areas no reasonable amount of additional effort or patience on their part Is going to solve that problem without some form of additional action on Target and/or NECA’s part.  And the fact that your particular Target received the large quantity of these that you described while other regions received far fewer (or none) despite some having higher populations is just further evidence of the problem.  

This isn’t just a matter of patience and effort.  If it was then I guarantee you I and many others would have seen all the Turtles sets that were released many many many times over instead.  

There is a different problem occurring here and you just happen to not be experiencing it because from your own description and testimony your particular area has thus far lucked out and been overstocked instead of under stocked like other areas.  That makes you having the easier experience of finding them in part a result of being on the lucky side of a distribution problem instead of an unlucky side of a distribution problem. And that’s awesome for you.  Seize the fortunes of good luck whereever you can.  I certainly know when it comes to Toy Collecting there have been many many ways I’ve been lucky too 99% of collectors have not.  But it’s inaccurate to keep presuming that just because your area is one where it sounds like you’ve lucked out in getting good distribution and above average availability that the same is true for everyone else.  It clearly isn’t which is why people are voicing their frustrations with the distribution and availability.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

The thing is you keep saying things that imply that the only reason other people who live in other cities surrounded by other Targets in other parts of the country are failing to find them is because they aren’t trying hard enough or aren’t being patient enough and that simply isn’t true.  

No, I'm not saying that at all. If that's the implication YOU got, that's your hang-up not mine. All I'm saying is I found them. If I can find them, you can find them. Don't get discouraged, don't let yourself get down, and for God's sake, if for some reason you can't find them YET, DON'T take it out somebody just trying to spread the good word.

• Thanks 1