NECA Looking To Offer TMNT Movie Turtle 2-Packs On Their Website This Week Plus Casey & Foot Animated Series 2-Pack Hitting Target This Week

JayC

26 minutes ago, JayC said:

But it would help tell us the problem. Scalpers arent going to scalp if they know their is sufficient stock to fill the demand. They wouldnt be able to move the stuff if people knew they could get it at cost. If Target only had 1k of these to start of course they are gonna sell out super fast, and the way to address it is increase stock. If they had 10k and sold out that quick then there is some other problem, but bots or no it they had 10k to start out with I dont think these would have sold out very fast. I feel like Its a con game to make people think the demand is greater than it really is IMO.

Beyond the numbers the other factor is distribution.  NECA might in fact make enough but that doesn't matter if they continue to partner with distribution partners that are terrible at distribution and inventory for the types of product NECA sells.  If enough get made but none are available online and one physical market has a hundred of these clogging the shelves while 20 other physical markets can’t find them at all then the original problem still persists.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Merchverse said:

The problem is the people who can't wait and pay the prices that scalpers are asking for. If nobody paid those outrageous prices for them there would be no reason for resellers to buy as many as possible.

While there is often some truth to this at least thus far with this specific line it doesn’t really seem like it’s a matter of waiting.  I virtually never buy a retail item from a third party because as you said usually if you just wait the retail item will show up.  But when it comes to a lot of these store exclusives that’s often not true.  They might show up somewhere but best case scenario that’s going to vary from market to market and if your market doesn’t happen to be one of the few that just happen to get the surplus then the rising scalper price continues to be the only option (or walk away). 

• Thanks 1

Probably it really gets back to the license terms, in which Neca can only produce certain amount of figures, if this is truth maybe they can re arrange contract eventually so Playmates and Nickelodeon  will allow Neca to produce more.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Probably it really gets back to the license terms, in which Neca can only produce certain amount of figures, if this is truth maybe they can re arrange contract eventually so Playmates and Nickelodeon  will allow Neca to produce more.  

Its possible that plays a role, but if so it doesnt change the problem, if no one can really get them, whats the point? I don't think its necessarily fair to put all the blame on NECA themselves and we are seeing this kind of thing happening more and more with other companies as well. The more toy manufactures are having to do more and more exclusives the worse this is gonna get.

• Thanks 1

Man I feel for you guys, it's really to bad, no body seemed to get lucky here, I feared about this, and this is just the beginning of the influx of this rough merry go round of torture for collectors (online exclusive time) trying to leap over bots and scalpers, I was hoping to try and get the City Demon, and GITD Big Chap,, I'm hoping that will be more fruitful on that day, it's really terrible the honest collector is the one who is losing out the most these days

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayC said:

Its possible that plays a role, but if so it doesnt change the problem, if no one can really get them, whats the point? I don't think its necessarily fair to put all the blame on NECA themselves and we are seeing this kind of thing happening more and more with other companies as well. The more toy manufactures are having to do more and more exclusives the worse this is gonna get.

Yeah, thats sad reality of toy collecting, and I fully  understand hate NECA gets, I'm just glad I'm not into movie Turtles or I would be fuming like others. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Yeah, thats sad reality of toy collecting, and I fully  understand hate NECA gets, I'm just glad I'm not into movie Turtles or I would be fuming like others. 

Well it wasnt just the movie turtles, it was also the Target animated Casey Jones/Foot and Deluxe Metalhead figures as well.

21 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm past caring at this point.

If I find it at Target, awesome. If not, that's fine to.

I didn't have them yesterday, I don't have them now. If I don't have them tomorrow, then I'm no worse off.

What sucks is that as a collector, I want to care. I don't mind a bit of a hunt to find cool new product that I'm excited about; and / or when it's truly a limited item. But what's worrisome to me is this is starting to feel like manufacturing a critical demand...e.g. calling something "exclusive" purely as a euphemism to jack up prices and generate further interest due to scarcity. I'm sure NECA isn't alone as a company, or the toy industry for that matter, in indulging in such practices, but it's disappointing to see. Ironically (?), the effect is making me keep my wallet in my pocket!..so, yay for that, I guess...?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdamM said:

What sucks is that as a collector, I want to care. I don't mind a bit of a hunt to find cool new product that I'm excited about; and / or when it's truly a limited item. But what's worrisome to me is this is starting to feel like manufacturing a critical demand...e.g. calling something "exclusive" purely as a euphemism to jack up prices and generate further interest due to scarcity. I'm sure NECA isn't alone as a company, or the toy industry for that matter, in indulging in such practices, but it's disappointing to see. Ironically (?), the effect is making me keep my wallet in my pocket!..so, yay for that, I guess...?

Blame whoever you want. Neca, Target, the scalpers, the collectors who feed the scalpers; you'll be right no matter which you choose.

Point is, they're gone. The only question in my mind, is Neca gave out these ridiculous, staggered release dates like that would make everything right. I wanna know when more Caseys and Metalheads are gonna be released for those who didn't get 'em today, and won't find 'em at the store tomorrow? While we're at it, what about the Aprils and the Leatherheads, cause nothings gonna change. I dutifully hunted Bebop and Rocksteady for something like 6 months before Neca graced us with a refresh case, finally completing the job they FUBARed the first time. Consider my patience, and my generosity, exhausted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

What could be done in order to ,at least, lessen that negative side?. Ask manufacturers to stop offering their stuff as exclusive and offer it on a regular basis?, ask them to produce larger runs? or a boycott to everything that is sold in that way to send 'em the message that we are not ok with that?, legit question, the problem has become widespreaded in all the communities in which I participate and everyone has a own point of view on this issue.

There isnt much to be done. I've been covering this stuff for 20+ years and people have been asking toy companies to quit doing store exclusives to no avail. Boycotts not gonna work cause you will never get enough people to follow through, not to mention the problem is you can't find now, so what are you going to do to boycott, not buy what you can't find???? Toy companies are beholden to the large retailers not us.

• Thanks 1

LOL, so for me anyway (I realize different people seem to see different things at different times) when I go to the Casey 2-pack I can see the "Ship It" button but of course when I go to buy it, it tells me there is a problem. Its like the ultimate tease. You almost feel like someone at Target is just f@#@ with people.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayC said:

if no one can really get them, whats the point?

That's the thing, isn't it? Sure, I was sore when I couldn't get my order in, but what does it really hurt. I know from experience I'll find these EVENTUALLY. It's Rocksteady and Bebop all over again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

LOL, so for me anyway (I realize different people seem to see different things at different times) when I go to the Casey 2-pack I can see the "Ship It" button but of course when I go to buy it, it tells me there is a problem. Its like the ultimate tease. You almost feel like someone at Target is just f@#@ with people.

"You almost feel like someone at Target is just f@#@ with people."...........what's that old quote from the Simpsons?  Do that? That's a paddlin'  😉

• Thanks 1

Guys, perspective. I was down on the hobby myself yesterday. Today I remembered if you wanna play, you take the penalties with the goals.

To this day, I've NEVER been unable to get a figure I set my sights on. Sometimes it just takes time. I'll have Casey, and I'll have Metalhead. I'll just have to work for them. It's all part of the game.

• Thanks 1

Interesting. According to Brickseek, there are no Animated Casey Jones sets in my entire state. Way to go Neca give the fans what they want. I still stand by what I said before about having to work at the hobby, it's just a lot harder to do when the toy companies are to lazy to give US the same consideration.

• Thanks 1

Who knows, maybe Target.com will restock. When the figures fly off the site like this they usually do . . . eventually. In any case I finally scored Snake Eyes off Pulse, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

"I ain't easy, but I can be had." -Michael Douglas

• Thanks 1

Was driving back through Jacksonville from checking on my niece who's dog-sitting, and ran into Walmart. Nothing as usual . . . except a lonely, Casey and Raph set. No tags on the shelf, no other sets, just that one. Cool looking set, but zero interest to me so I left it behind.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
NECA has announced the next 2-pack from their third wave of Target exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series figures being released will be Slash And Leatherhead. The official release date for this set is said to be this week on August 6.

The first two back from the wave with Casey Jones and Slashed FOOT Soldier was released last month and the third set with April O'Neil and Bashed FOOT Soldier will be out on August 20.

It's unclear if or when they will be made available again online, but here are links to all 3 sets for you to keep an eye on.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7" Scale Action Figure - Cartoon Series 3 April O'Neil & Foot Soldier

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7" Scale Action Figure - Cartoon Series 3 Leatherhead & Slasher

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7" Scale Action Figure - Cartoon Series 3 Casey Jones & Foot Soldier
  • Thanks 1