NECA Looking To Offer TMNT Movie Turtle 2-Packs On Their Website This Week Plus Casey & Foot Animated Series 2-Pack Hitting Target This Week

JayC

It’s showing them available to ship on my end but everytime I add them to cart I get a “can’t add to cart” message.  I’ve been trying since the page updated 20 minutes ago.  

• Thanks 1

Some people apparently could see a Ship It button but couldnt ad anything to their cart and others like me never saw anything but Sold Out. Either way sounds like the only ones who got anything where the bots for scalpers.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

It’s showing them available to ship on my end but every time I add them to cart I get a “can’t add to cart” message.  I’ve been trying since the page updated 20 minutes ago.  

Same here. I click "Ship It," and get a "Item Not Added to Cart. Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again" message.

I gotta assume we can't order till the street date tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mako said:

Same here. I click "Ship It," and get a "Item Not Added to Cart. Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again" message.

I gotta assume we can't order till the street date tomorrow.

I think bots got it. NECA said they would be available today. THis is what happend with the previous stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think bots got it. NECA said they would be available today. THis is what happend with the previous stuff.

Whatever. Now Metalhead page has added "Cannot place in cart at this time, or guarantee it will be available later."

Fail Target, Fail Neca. Let the scalpers have them, and I hope they choke on 'em.

When Neca gets their s--t straight, I'll consider whether to continue with this line.

• Thanks 1

Well lets be real, was anyone really expecting something different????

Expect? Not really . . . more like hope. Assuming everyone is either incompetent, dishonest, or an outright crook is a crumby way to live.

Looks like I'll be back out in the heat soon.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayC said:

Well lets be real, was anyone really expecting something different????

Not really, I figured something like this would have happened but we still hope for the best because well it's not like we have a choice. To top it all off I go to ebay and I see the 2 movie 2 packs at $155.00 each, no thanks. Most of the stuff I have wanted or looked forward to this year from Marvel Legends and Black Series(my top 2 lines) I either have preordered in BBTS or have found at Target. I'm really getting to the point where I don't think it's worth the aggravation. Sorry for the rant. 

• Thanks 1

I got the ship button finally on the Casey 2-pack but like everyone else I couldnt add it to my cart. I think whats happening is the item is coming in and going out so fast their system can't keep up, which is a sign of bots at work.

• Thanks 1

I got the ship button finally on the Casey 2-pack but like everyone else I couldnt add it to my cart. I think whats happening is the item is coming in and going out so fast their system can't keep up, which is a sign of bots at work.

Based on my experiences with the Red Hulk the giving you to option to ship but not being able to add to cart means it sold out but they haven't updated the page yet. Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss the bots at work theory. This is the Disneystore web page/Star Wars day/Ahsoka Disney ears debacle all over again.

• Thanks 1

That was a total bust.  And with the pandemic I’m not wasting my time making unnecessary (And undoubtably fruitless)  toy runs to Target.  I had to go to Target for something else yesterday.  First time I’d been to a Target in over a month.  Due to the social distancing guidelines in L.A. there was a line to get in to the store and a 30 minute wait (better than the 1 hour wait last time).  Since I needed to get something else anyway I went ahead and waited.  While I was in there I checked the NECA section.  Nothing new and still no Bebop and Rocksteady.  

In present times I’m not making store trips just to hunt for these things and I’m not going to buy an entire retail line via scalpers (one or two hard to get pieces is one thing, but not ever release for an entire line).  Hopefully NECA can figure out something different to get these thing to the people actually wanting them.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah, every couple of tries it'll switch from Sold Out to Ship It. You'd think Target would have some safe-guard in place for bots, the place I order Pizza from does, but then I guess they don't care whose money they get.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think we should start being told how many of these things are being stocked.

Wouldn't make any difference. If anything, it would make it easier on the scalpers. They'd know exactly how many to order up-front.

They need a system to filter out the bots, and a cap on how many can be ordered per person.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mako said:

Yeah, every couple of tries it'll switch from Sold Out to Ship It. You'd think Target would have some safe-guard in place for bots, the place I order Pizza from does, but then I guess they don't care whose money they get.

As someone who has worked retail, I can tell companies don't care who buys it as long as the sale is made.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mako said:

Wouldn't make any difference. If anything, it would make it easier on the scalpers. They'd know exactly how many to order up-front.

But it would help tell us the problem. Scalpers arent going to scalp if they know their is sufficient stock to fill the demand. They wouldnt be able to move the stuff if people knew they could get it at cost. If Target only had 1k of these to start of course they are gonna sell out super fast, and the way to address it is increase stock. If they had 10k and sold out that quick then there is some other problem, but bots or no it they had 10k to start out with I dont think these would have sold out very fast. I feel like Its a con game to make people think the demand is greater than it really is IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

As someone who has worked retail, I can tell companies don't care who buys it as long as the sale is made.

I know, I was in the retail trenches myself, Target no less, I know what a cesspool it is.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JayC said:

But it would help tell us the problem. Scalpers arent going to scalp if they know their is sufficient stock to fill the demand. 

Don't underestimate human greed. It wasn't to long ago people were shooting guys for their sneakers, even though they were readily available at Walmart. 1 or 1.000,001, scalpers are gonna scalp. The whole problem with scalpers was never them selling toys for ungodly amounts, it's that they themselves create an artificial demand, buying up all available stock. They don't wanna take their share and leave, they want YOUR share to so you have to buy from them.

• Thanks 1