Is Todd McFarlane Teasing A New Spawn Cy-Gor Action Figure?

JayC

Late last night Todd McFarlane posted this image on his personal Instagram account. The image appears to show a never-before seen Spawn related Cy-Gor figure.

In the caption for the image it says, "Coming Soon..! CY-GOR (cybernetic gorilla)" and includes the following tags - #hybrid #savage #huge #mcfarlanetoys.

The figure in the image does not appear to be any of the previous Cy-Gor figures that McFarlane Toys has released in the past, so it's unclear if what is shown is a brand new figure or what. The figure in the image does not appear to have any kind of articulation, however if this is an early prototype, that could be added later.

If this is in fact some kind of new figure, the bigger question is how would it be released? Unlike Spawn himself, Cy-Gor as far as I know did not appear in the Mortal Kombat 11 video game. So it would seem unlikely to me that they would do this figure for that line like they did with Spawn himself. Of course there is the Kickstarter route, but it seems kind of early to already be teasing another Spawn figure for that, not to mention the idea behind that was originally said to produce new figures of all the characters done in the original first series of Spawn figures. The original Cy-Gor figure wasn't released until series 4.

Does that mean McFarlane is preparing to launch a new mass market dedicated Spawn figure line, and if so will the figures be more statue like or will they be highly articulated like we've seen them do for Fortnite, DC Multiverse and Mortal Kombat? I guess time will tell.

McFarlane-Cy-Gor.jpg

• Thanks 1

As much as I dislike McFarlane Toys, and McFarlane in general, I will admit his action figures do suck less than they used to. That being said, though they look pretty good, as should be expected from MFT at this point, they are still a far cry from the quality and "action" that we've come to expect from figures in modern day. Keep at it buddy, and stop making up BS excuses why you do what you do, or more importantly don't do what you don't do, and just come clean and admit it's just because you just want to do you and the customer will respect you more. We may not like it, and we may not buy it, but at least we'll respect it.

Mystery solved.

Update - Looks like this figure is going to be part of a new mass-market 12+ kids line being called Raw-10 coming from McFarlane Toys that will focus on cybernetically enhanced animals such as a Raptor, Cobra, Shark and of course the gorilla Cy-Gor shown below. The articulation will be minimal and while Cygor is from the Spawn series, the line itself does not appear to be Spawn based. More details will likely be announced in the coming days for Raw-10.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 41055_1529445590 said:

As much as I dislike McFarlane Toys, and McFarlane in general, I will admit his action figures do suck less than they used to. That being said, though they look pretty good, as should be expected from MFT at this point, they are still a far cry from the quality and "action" that we've come to expect from figures in modern day. Keep at it buddy, and stop making up BS excuses why you do what you do, or more importantly don't do what you don't do, and just come clean and admit it's just because you just want to do you and the customer will respect you more. We may not like it, and we may not buy it, but at least we'll respect it.

Suck less?  Have you seen the competition at the same price $., Marvel legends  anyone?

I like how people complain about mcfarlane toys yet I see the #$## the comes out of marvel legends and even to some extend the DC collectibles, I don't understand. The price $, the painting details and now the increased articulation is miles better than the big toy companies. 

You can't compare to higher end toys , but it's almost 4x the amount $.  Keep complaining and let people who understand and enjoy mcfarlane's toy for what they are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, makes sense this is part of a line aimed more for the he younger collector, Cy-Gor looks great through I'm likely going to skip this as the articulation looks very limited. I do love what McFarlane has been doing overall with the DC Multiverse line, the Spawn Kickstarter was great. You get alot for the money spent with his figures.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, iag25 said:

Suck less?  Have you seen the competition at the same price $., Marvel legends  anyone?

I like how people complain about mcfarlane toys yet I see the #$## the comes out of marvel legends and even to some extend the DC collectibles, I don't understand. The price $, the painting details and now the increased articulation is miles better than the big toy companies. 

You can compare to higher end toys , but it's almost 4x the amount $.  Keep complaining and let people who understand and enjoy mcfarlane's toy for what they are. 

Lol. Calm down, most of what I said is more tongue and cheek than anything. McFarlane Toys' products are, for the most part, better than 90% of the product out there. Especially in regard to the amount of product and paint for the price. I'm just anti-Todd McFarlane and his Modus Operandi altogether. Anyone who knows me on these forums or elsewhere knows it and I make no qualms about it. Other people may not agree, but I back it up with reasoning and I think it's at least fair, if not popular.

I don't like how he and his little band up ended the entire comics industry, first off. Not sure how old you are, but a lot of people believe that crew and their little coupe is largely the reason the comic industry has been on a steep nosedive since the 90's. Secondly, I don't like the way he started out to innovate the action figure industry, which he did, to his credit, but then once he made a name for himself he did a complete about-face and started doing what amounted to little more than small detailed statues with like 2 or 3 points of articulation because that's what HE wanted to do, and that's what HE thought action figures should be like, and that's what HE decided the community wanted. Lastly, I hate the way he took over a high profile line like DC Multiverse and then go on to say the fans and their input would determine the direction of the line, and then in the same breath, with a straight face, tell the fans that they didn't want a 6" line to match ML and they didn't want a continuation of the CnC (or BAF) system and then proceeds with a very narrow game plan in the first year and produces 15 versions of Batman before many characters in a large, diverse list of available characters even get one look. If he was really as committed to and capable of going above and beyond as he says, he would have taken on lines like ML at 6" and the BAF system on the battlefield and shown them he could do it bigger and better. But he didn't. He changed the whole dynamic and scale and did the one thing he'd recently gotten comfortable with and basically shut down the argument and gave himself an out by being able to say comparing the two lines was like apples to oranges. A lot of people were fooled, but I saw right through that BS. And to top it all off, he's a slick tongue talker that speaks with confidence who's able to articulate his argument well enough where most people can jump on board with his way, but I'm not buying it.

He's talented and successful, but also self centered and short sited. You probably don't agree, but again, I don't think it's unfounded.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JayC said:

Mystery solved.

Update - Looks like this figure is going to be part of a new mass-market 12+ kids line being called Raw-10 coming from McFarlane Toys that will focus on cybernetically enhanced animals such as a Raptor, Cobra, Shark and of course the gorilla Cy-Gor shown below. The articulation will be minimal and while Cygor is from the Spawn series, the line itself does not appear to be Spawn based. More details will likely be announced in the coming days for Raw-10.

Well I came in to say Whoa Cy-gor are we getting a new figure how, when and why!? , but as you say its from some new line of Cyber Animals.... Okay cyber and Animals IN! i want em, sounds so cool... thank you Todd!

This line already feels like old McFarlane figures. I dont know how I feel about it. I was kind of excited to see a new modern take on what mcfarlane once did. I had alot of his figures back in the day and still some today but they dont do what I want them to do in my more modern frame of mind. I do enjoy that they were unique, well detailed and statuesque in the figure department but I feel articulation technology has grown to the point that he could incorporate that and still retain their details and framing. We ll see where this goes. 

18 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

This line already feels like old McFarlane figures. I dont know how I feel about it. I was kind of excited to see a new modern take on what mcfarlane once did. I had alot of his figures back in the day and still some today but they dont do what I want them to do in my more modern frame of mind. I do enjoy that they were unique, well detailed and statuesque in the figure department but I feel articulation technology has grown to the point that he could incorporate that and still retain their details and framing. We ll see where this goes. 

These are figures you get young kids, I dont think adult collectors are really gonna care that much.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

These are figures you get young kids, I dont think adult collectors are really gonna care that much.

I mean werent McF figures when they first came out the same thing? That picture looks alot like what they used to look like. I know we dont see it all and im sure once pictures start to show up it will have a much better idea. 

20 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I mean werent McF figures when they first came out the same thing? That picture looks alot like what they used to look like. I know we dont see it all and im sure once pictures start to show up it will have a much better idea. 

Thats because Cygor is the most human looking of the line. If you want to get a glimpse at the others check out my latest video around the 14 min mark ;)

I was pretty into the whole idea of these figures, but earlier I saw some in package pictures, and It seems they may have little to no articulation, the Cy-gor looked like maybe he had a little swivel at the upper chest, and maybe his arms(?), but the Raptor was looking like his head was static in a looking back position, if that's the case I'm super out, if that head moves forward, I'm back in, I might just want to grab the Cy-gor but that's only if his arms can move. they look really cool in the design department, but nah if they are basically static statues.

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Nicely detailed and definitely a 90's vibe, but yes, practically plastic statues and I don't know if they will have any appeal in the children's market...uh, by the way they are exclusive to Walmart too. An easy pass for me.

107980865_3385156364869677_8786486707200687081_o.jpg

108201397_3385156371536343_4231972030574295764_o(2).jpg

108812871_3385156508202996_7624734729399418124_o.jpg

107693710_3385156384869675_3359098348111170769_o.jpg

Did those images come from Walmart?

On 7/16/2020 at 7:37 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Nicely detailed and definitely a 90's vibe, but yes, practically plastic statues and I don't know if they will have any appeal in the children's market...uh, by the way they are exclusive to Walmart too. An easy pass for me.

107980865_3385156364869677_8786486707200687081_o.jpg

108201397_3385156371536343_4231972030574295764_o(2).jpg

108812871_3385156508202996_7624734729399418124_o.jpg

107693710_3385156384869675_3359098348111170769_o.jpg

I think people are confusing the word exclusive with lack or retail interest. I dont doubt that Walmart will be the best place to find these but that doesnt mean another retailer couldnt carry them if they so choose.

32 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Yes, there may be interest from other retailers in this stuff or not, but what I meant is if they would have appeal among children. I mean, these weirdos aren't backed up by a media project, like a TV show or a video game, and you know that children prefer videogames and if any, toys based on those video games.

That I dont know. Cybernetic animals I would think would appeal to kids but i dont pretend to really understand the minds of young kids today.

• Thanks 1

We first told you about these the other week, and now McFalrane Toys has released official images and details for their new creature line called RAW10. These figures will be sold exclusively at Walmart starting on August 1. The figures are made for kids 6yrs and older. See the official press release and images below.

Todd McFarlane, legendary creator, and McFarlane Toys creative force announced a new McFarlane designed creature toy line RAW10 coming exclusively to Walmart. McFarlane and the award-winning McFarlane Toys' design team have created a brand-new toy line and online comic series for creature and monster fans of all ages.

"I'm excited to get back to creating and designing creature and monster toys," Said Todd McFarlane, McFarlane Toys CEO and Creative Force. "Fan, collectors and kids alike can enjoy the new RAW10 World, upcoming online RAW10 comic series and collecting all the creatures.

In the near future, the worlds of Super-Science and Primal Savagery have merged. Hidden away from prying eyes, the secret laboratories of RAW10 have created powerful warriors: part beast, part machine! But some have rebelled against their creator and have chosen to fight on the side of Humanity! Who will prove to be the strongest!

The first line of RAW10 toys features McFarlane's classic and fan-favorite comic gorilla CY-GOR, and brand-new McFarlane designed monsters and creatures. McFarlane Toys RAW10 creature toy line is available exclusively at Walmart. The line is available for pre-order now at Walmart.com and coming to store shelves on August 1.

McFarlane Toys RAW10 line-up:

CODENAME: CY-GOR
SPECIES: Silverback Gorilla
ATTACKS: Power Slam, Monkey Punch, Rage Attack

The CY-GOR large set features moveable arms, legs, and head and comes with a FREE CY-GOR mini-comic poster. MSRP $19.99

CY-GOR is the pinnacle of the Robotic Animal Weapon (RAW) labs' science. He is the perfect combination of beast and machine. Designed as a test subject for RAW's newest cybernetic enhancements, CY-GOR exceeded his potential to become RAW's greatest success. His brute strength is augmented with metallic muscles, and his intellect, instincts, and reflexes are perfectly tuned with his built-in combat matrix. He was created to be a next-gen warrior. Now, the perfect weapon is on the loose and out of control.

CODENAME: FREN-Z
SPECIES: Great White Shark
ATTACKS: Power Jaws, Frenzy Strike, Fin Attack

The FREN -Z large set has an articulated tail and moveable jaw and comes with a FREE FREN-Z mini-comic poster. MSRP $9.99

FREN-Z is the king of the ocean—every ocean. He is a mix of robotics and the DNA of a Great White Shark combined with the prehistoric Megalodon Super Shark for extra terror. FREN-Z was created to be the prototype for a new breed of aquatic weaponry. But the dangerous minds at the Robotic Animal Warrior (RAW) labs did their job too well, and FREN-Z escaped. Now he stalks the oceans, an unstoppable hunter—part-shark, part-machine, all-deadly.

CODENAME: BATTLESNAKE
SPECIES: King Cobra / Rattlesnake hybrid
ATTACKS: Coil Strike, Fang Strike, Hypno Gaze

The BATTLESNAKE small set comes with a flexible tale, moveable jaw, and articulated slide-out tongue and a FREE BATTLESNAKE mini-comic poster. MSRP $9.99

BATTLESNAKE is the product of mad science. Fusing reptile DNA with radical cyber-technology and self-powered Ion Core Energy systems, the engineers in the top-secret Robotic Animal Warrior (RAW) labs created a real monster. Possessing genius-level intelligence and futuristic combat programming, BATTLESNAKE can hypnotize his prey before striking with his piercing "techno fangs." His super-steel underbelly and reinforced hood protect him from attacks, and his sinister mind makes him a threat to all living things.

CODENAME: RAPTAR
SPECIES: Velociraptor Dinosaur
ATTACKS: Claw Strike, Tail Whip, Power Bite

The RAPTAR features movable arms, legs, and head and comes with a FREE RAPTAR mini-poster. MSRP $9.99.

RAPTAR, and his wicked velociraptor brothers, were created in the top-secret Robotic Animal Warrior (RAW) labs. Combining ancient dinosaur DNA with advanced cybernetic machinery, the mad scientists in charge of RAW labs wanted to create the ultimate hunting party. The result was a trio of vicious beasts led by RAPTAR. Using linked intelligence coding, the brothers hunt as one, taking their commands from RAPTAR, and can track any target over any terrain. Alone they are dangerous. Together, they are unstoppable.

Collect all the RAW10 creatures;

CY-GOR, FREN-Z, RAPTAR, and BATTLESNAKE. Figures sold separately. Be on the lookout for the upcoming online RAW10 comics series coming soon.

Enter to win a Todd McFarlane signed set of Raw10 July 22-31 during McFarlaneCon.

Battlesnake_01.jpg

Battlesnake_02.jpg

Battlesnake_03.jpg

Battlesnake_04.jpg

Battlesnake_05.jpg

Battlesnake_All.jpg

Battlesnake_Packaging01.jpg

Battlesnake_Packaging02.jpg

Battlesnake_Packaging03.jpg

BattlesnakeConRaw10.jpg

Cygor_01.jpg

Cygor_02.jpg