Looks Like We Are Getting A 2020 G.I. Joe SDCC Exclusive, Could It Be A 3 3/4" Snake-Eyes Retro Figure?!?

JayC

Looks like we might be seeing a 2020 SDCC Exclusive from Hasbro for G.I. Joe this year which would be really cool. The bad news is that it looks like Walmart will be the place to get it.

Since the actual San Diego Comic Con itself has been canceled, at least the physical version, many have been wondering how or where they will be able to get their hands on Hasbro's exclusives this year.

Well Walmart has launched a Comic-Con exclusive section on their website which features a countdown clock showing just over 4 days until launch (As I post this). This section appears to be an area comprised of various 2020 SDCC exclusives Walmart will be selling this year from various companies. While no actual product for Hasbro is yet listed, there is this banner on display there that has logos for several Hasbro brands including G.I. Joe.

We have no idea how many exclusives G.I. Joe might get this year. Rumors suggest that a 3 3/4" G.I. Joe "Retro" line is going to be offered exclusively at Walmart stores later this year, so it's possible that could be part of their SDCC offerings. We've even seen indications of some type of case containing nothing but "Retro" Snake-Eyes figures shipping to the US, so perhaps that will be the SDCC exclusive to kick off the entire line.

While it seems like a good bet Walmart will be a place to get Hasbro's exclusives, it's not clear if all of Hasbro's exclusives will be offered through Walmart or if Walmart is the only place people will be able to get them. It also isn't clear if any of these exclusives will be available at physical stores or just online. All those details I am sure will be coming soon from Hasbro.

Screenshot_2020-07-12 Collectibles.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am definitely curious what are the exclusives that will be shown here, only then i will see if it's a pass or it's a go for me.

• Thanks 1

Once again, hard to give two s---s about anything revealed about Hasbro when they can't even get the stuff that's SUPPOSED to be out in stores. Oh, except those lousy out of scale even with themselves Ghostbuster Plasma series pieces of crap which seem to breed like cockroaches.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Looks like we might be seeing a 2020 SDCC Exclusive from Hasbro for G.I. Joe this year which would be really cool. The bad news is that it looks like Walmart will be the place to get it.

Since the actual San Diego Comic Con itself has been canceled, at least the physical version, many have been wondering how or where they will be able to get their hands on Hasbro's exclusives this year.

Well Walmart has launched a Comic-Con exclusive section on their website which features a countdown clock showing just over 4 days until launch (As I post this). This section appears to be an area comprised of various 2020 SDCC exclusives Walmart will be selling this year from various companies. While no actual product for Hasbro is yet listed, there is this banner on display there that has logos for several Hasbro brands including G.I. Joe.

We have no idea how many exclusives G.I. Joe might get this year. Rumors suggest that a 3 3/4" G.I. Joe "Retro" line is going to be offered exclusively at Walmart stores later this year, so it's possible that could be part of their SDCC offerings. We've even seen indications of some type of case containing nothing but "Retro" Snake-Eyes figures shipping to the US, so perhaps that will be the SDCC exclusive to kick off the entire line.

While it seems like a good bet Walmart will be a place to get Hasbro's exclusives, it's not clear if all of Hasbro's exclusives will be offered through Walmart or if Walmart is the only place people will be able to get them. It also isn't clear if any of these exclusives will be available at physical stores or just online. All those details I am sure will be coming soon from Hasbro.

Screenshot_2020-07-12 Collectibles.jpg

I would love to see what's coming for GI Joe...😃✌️

• Like 1

The question that comes to mind for me is if Hasbro is going to make Walmart exclusives for Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel Legends and G.I. Joe than why did Hasbro even bother to open up Hasbro Pulse?  All of these exclusives could be sold on the Hasbro Pulse website and with a purchase limit, no one will be complaining about not being able to get an exclusive item.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

The question that comes to mind for me is if Hasbro is going to make Walmart exclusives for Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel Legends and G.I. Joe than why did Hasbro even bother to open up Hasbro Pulse?  All of these exclusives could be sold on the Hasbro Pulse website and with a purchase limit, no one will be complaining about not being able to get an exclusive item.

People get around the purchase limits on Pulse by placing multiple orders.  Saw quite a few in the last week or so saying they did that and got two Carbonite Han Solos.  Otherwise, you are right on the money there. 

• Thanks 1

I really hope these are not Walmart Exclusives entirely because itll be harder to get them that way and even though Walmart in my country seems to bring hasbro figures usually including their in store Walmart Exclusive Figures, I dont see that happening with big expensive sets like the SDCC Marvel sets.

Though mostly collecting 6" figures at this point I'm definitely curious to see what this retro figures will look like, and more importantly what improvements will come about in terms of engineering and sculpt. Toys Alliance seems to be killing it at tha 1:18 t scale with their Acid Rain figures, albeit with a premium price,...Hiya toys also killing it for less, would be dope to see what Hasbro does for the Joes

• Thanks 1

Aside from the TREMENDOUS and warranted concerns over Walmart's reckless care with consumer product and shoddy shipping methods, their site is not designed for the kind of traffic an event like this will trigger. They botched the NECA Casey/Raph debut, and this SDCC stuff will likely be no different. Fills any sane man's heart with cursed dread, me hearties.

38 minutes ago, GoldBlade6 said:

Aside from the TREMENDOUS and warranted concerns over Walmart's reckless care with consumer product and shoddy shipping methods, their site is not designed for the kind of traffic an event like this will trigger. They botched the NECA Casey/Raph debut, and this SDCC stuff will likely be no different. Fills any sane man's heart with cursed dread, me hearties.

High volume traffic isn't really the issue. For the biggest retailer in the world, Walmart's website is a joke. I've seen small online retailers in their first week with their stuff together better than Walmart.com. I get the feeling this is really gonna come back and bite us all on the butt.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, Belmont13 said:

I'm hoping that both the Marvel Legends and Black series exclusives are things I can ignore.

I'm hoping that everything that might be Walmart exclusives wether it be G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, Marvel, Star Wars I can Ignore... because *swear words* Walshart, and it's not like I even have a chance because .com wal....bad word doesn't even ship to Canada so ... I got smacked to begin with

I'm so mad Hasbro wanted to pair with Walmart for their SDCC exclusives I can't even tell you, I was always mad at Walmart... but now I'm super mad

collecting is turning real sour

Hasbro could have been that company that knew how poorly Walmart has handled their previous exclusives and products in general, and possibly handed it over to a vendor that cared about the collector but no,, they went as mainstream as possible and as collector unfriendly as possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

This is when I ask again, if Hasbro already has its own sales platform, Pulse, why doesn't it sell the SDCC exclusives through Pulse?.

Know way of knowing for sure and at this point we don't even know for sure they won't,  but best guess would be when your biggest customer comes to you and says we want to sell SDCC exclusives, your response would likely be how many do you want.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

If you put it that way then I think, yes, Hasbro would be forced to sell their exclusives to Walmart, despite the dissatisfaction of a significant number of customers, and then Pulse is totally relegated.

If Walmart open on Friday pre orders on those Joe's then I get them from them...

These should have been on Pulse but maybe they didn't want deal with the hassle and went with quite possibly the worst option. I particularly love how Hasbro were promoting the whole Hasbro Pulse and making a big deal about them having their own online store and when it comes to something as important as SDCC exclusives they don't use them.

• Thanks 1

These should also have a reveal before this sale goes live but as that clock is running down I’m starting to wonder if that is going to happen

• Thanks 1

I could be mistaken but I believe this is the first time Hasbro and Walmart had G.I. Joe exclusives that they wanted us to purchase even before they let us see what they look like.  I would like to at least see what these figures look like before I decide to fight everyone in the early morning to try and get them.

• Thanks 1

I would love these exclusive items, a retro G.I. Joe line sounds great but when I learned these were going to be Walmart exclusives my excitement level dropped dramatically. I understand why Hasbro partnered with Walmart but for us collectors it will just like with the NECA debacle be difficult to obtain. Sort of puts a damper on things.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 80sboy4 said:

I would love these exclusive items, a retro G.I. Joe line sounds great but when I learned these were going to be Walmart exclusives my excitement level dropped dramatically. I understand why Hasbro partnered with Walmart but for us collectors it will just like with the NECA debacle be difficult to obtain. Sort of puts a damper on things.

IDK, I honestly dont think the demand will be as high as it was for the NECA stuff. If this is just re-issues of 3 3/4" stuff we've gotten before in recent years I think only the most die-hard Joe fans will care. Its hard to say until we see what exactly these are but I can't say Im super pumped for these at this point.

• Thanks 1

The thing with me is while I want the retros I have all the original Figures loose thus if it’s just rereleases I’ll want the retros to keep carded. Walmart is terrible at this.  All the retro Star Wars and Ghostbusters figures came bent and damaged except for 2 which means I just packed them all up and sent them all back.  Walmart doesn’t have a clue on how to ship these things which makes it all that much worse that they get them exclusively.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

IDK, I honestly dont think the demand will be as high as it was for the NECA stuff. If this is just re-issues of 3 3/4" stuff we've gotten before in recent years I think only the most die-hard Joe fans will care. Its hard to say until we see what exactly these are but I can't say Im super pumped for these at this point.

I want them if they are vintage redos even though I have the originals mostly just to have them carded.  If they are modern era redos I won’t want them since I have them yet as a Joe completist I’ll feel somewhat compelled to get them (which is perhaps a separate issue).  

But in either case the only thing that will truly get me excited for them is if they work in characters that were never released in that form factor before.  That’s the thing that would get me hyped.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Count me in as a die hard fan of the original ARAH...

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I could be mistaken but I believe this is the first time Hasbro and Walmart had G.I. Joe exclusives that they wanted us to purchase even before they let us see what they look like.  I would like to at least see what these figures look like before I decide to fight everyone in the early morning to try and get them.

I will be fighting everyone on Friday...