2020 SDCC Exclusive Predator 2 NECA 7" City Demon Figure

JayC

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the classic Predator 2 movie, NECA is proud to announce the City Demon!

This stealthy Predator is cast in clear plastic with lightning accents to capture his appearance climbing the towering buildings in 1990 Los Angeles. The figure features over 30 points of articulation, retractable wrist blades and articulated shoulder cannon. It comes with 5 interchangeable hands, discs, combi sticks, and a skull.

Comes in special 5 panel window box packaging that activates a lightning effect when open.

Available in Walmart Stores on Thursday(7/23)* - $29.96 USD
Available online (US & International) through thenecastore.com on Thursday(7/23) - $34.99 USD
For more details, visit the NECA site: https://neca.io/2ZvJf4r

Predator-SDCC-2020-01.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-02.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-03.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-04.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-05.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-06.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-07.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-08.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-09.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-10.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-11.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-12.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-13.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-14.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-15.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-16.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-17.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-18.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-19.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-20.jpg

Looks like even though it will probably cost $15-20 more between the mark up and shipping I’ll be ordering this from the NECA store.  Hopefully all the exclusives they can sell there will go live at the same time so I can save a little on shipping.  

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Im not that much into Predator figures but do like translucent figures so this one is kinda tempting.

I don’t collect the full line but I tend to pick up all the SDCC ones.  In part because I’ve been going to SDCC for over 20 years and that show plays a major roll in my evolution as a toy collector.  For several years (throughout college and in the early years of my post college career in film) I couldn’t afford to actively collect year round so literally my one treat for myself was going to SDCC each year and picking up a couple of items/souvenirs for myself.  Then when I did end up deciding to start to really collect toys more regularly back in 2007 that decision started at that year’s SDCC as I was standing in line at the Hasbro booth and expanded even more the following year looking at things coming in the Mattel booth.  By SDCC 2009 I was all in on more lines than I would have ever expected. So SDCC has always played a major roll in the formation of my collection and has been sort of a Christmas in July Event for me where I sort of over do it and branch out into some areas I normally wouldn’t.  This year is obviously a little different with there being no physical convention to attend but still I think I’ll pick this one up.  

11 minutes ago, AdamM said:

That makes me sad...Do you know if he meant he never asked? Or he did ask and Danny Glover didn't get rights to his likeness?

I presume they had to ask at some point and the answer was either a flat no or a price too high to be justified.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

More like a personal opinion, Randy doesn't like Harrigan, he thinks it's silly that, unlike Dutch, Harrigan has been effectively able to kill the Predator.

Huh, that seems kind of selfish on his part. So he can't put his personal opinion aside to give the fans what they want(I'm assuming that collectors of the line want a Harrigan figure) or at the very least give the line some variety.

13 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

Huh, that seems kind of selfish on his part. So he can't put his personal opinion aside to give the fans what they want(I'm assuming that collectors of the line want a Harrigan figure) or at the very least give the line some variety.

It's a damn shame, too, since NECA can't get the rights to make most of Dutch's strike team, that they wouldn't switch gears and try to make the hero from the other movie (THERE ARE NO OTHER PREDATOR MOVIES!), especially since they continue to make Predator after Predator from that movie, but no matter how often he hears from fans and collectors who want a figure of Mike Harrigan, he won't budge on it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satam said:

Nope.  It's a damn shame, too, since NECA can't get the rights to make most of Dutch's strike team, that they wouldn't switch gears and try to make the hero from the other movie (THERE ARE NO OTHER PREDATOR MOVIES!), especially since they continue to make Predator after Predator from that movie, but no matter how often he hears from fans and collectors who want a figure of Mike Harrigan, he won't budge on it.

Wow, I don't follow NECA very closely on social media but now some of the complaints I heard about Randy regarding Twitter are starting to make sense.

That phasing effect/color looks really nice, I remember I had a stealth one that had sort of this gimmick but wasnt as nice looking as this deco

34 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

That phasing effect/color looks really nice, I remember I had a stealth one that had sort of this gimmick but wasnt as nice looking as this deco

Yea you might mean Stealth Falconer (Mid Cloaked)

spacer.png

It's a good figure, I like it.. but it also isn't as cool as this, I need them both

While Randy has expressed his dislike for Harrigan, if NECA as a company thought it would sell well enough to justify whatever the cost would be to secure Danny Glover's likeness, my guess is they would do him. My feeling is despite the outcry from certain pockets of the fandom, the human figures in general really don't sell as well for them as the Predator's themselves do.

19 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yea you might mean Stealth Falconer (Mid Cloaked)

spacer.png

It's a good figure, I like it.. but it also isn't as cool as this, I need them both

no I had one from the first movie, I think it was the water emmergence predator, the deco on it was pretty cool but not as cool as this new one

predator---neca-series-9---water-emergence-predator-p-image-300546-grande.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 10:47 AM, JayC said:

While Randy has expressed his dislike for Harrigan, if NECA as a company thought it would sell well enough to justify whatever the cost would be to secure Danny Glover's likeness, my guess is they would do him. My feeling is despite the outcry from certain pockets of the fandom, the human figures in general really don't sell as well for them as the Predator's themselves do.

I find it maddening to think that you're exactly right!...it's, well to my mind anyway, the only logical reason why we don't yet see Dutch's strike team, more marines from Aliens, etc... 'personal feelings aside, the sales #'s just aren't there.....And they should be! The humans are as vital a part of these classics as the amazingly designed creatures... ah well, We do live in age where "collector focused" figures aren't unheard of, so maybe one day....shoot, if NECA can give me a Batman vs. Predator set, (no way did I think that would ever happen), perhaps anything is possible!

On 7/9/2020 at 8:43 PM, abnuggler said:

no I had one from the first movie, I think it was the water emmergence predator, the deco on it was pretty cool but not as cool as this new one

predator---neca-series-9---water-emergence-predator-p-image-300546-grande.jpg

Ah yes , I might be wrong but at a quick glance , are these two figures not the same but with different paint apps? , this City Demon may just be a re-paint of Water Emergence, correct me if I'm wrong, I mean I see some new tooling like Paulrons, but it's the same buck no? helmet etc?

I mean I know most Predators are, but this might be just that same fig

Still want this new one though

On 7/12/2020 at 1:45 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah yes , I might be wrong but at a quick glance , are these two figures not the same but with different paint apps? , this City Demon may just be a re-paint of Water Emergence, correct me if I'm wrong, I mean I see some new tooling like Paulrons, but it's the same buck no? helmet etc?

I mean I know most Predators are, but this might be just that same fig

Still want this new one though

I think they are diferent, since the water emergence is a figure based on the design of the predator from the first movie (I believe it was decoed to look like the scene where he's coming out of the lake and its partially invisible but there are glimpses of how he really looks like), and as far as I can tell the new City Demon one is based on the Predator from the Predator 2 movie (the scene where he's standing on a building out in a lightning storm that gives him that effect with his stealth tech) I believe they are different molds. This new one will probably just be a repainted in clear plastic with the electricity deco version of the Ultimate City Hunter (Demon) Predator which seem to be the best Predator neca has made based on the Predator 2 movie.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, JayC said:
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the classic Predator 2 movie, NECA is proud to announce the City Demon!

This stealthy Predator is cast in clear plastic with lightning accents to capture his appearance climbing the towering buildings in 1990 Los Angeles. The figure features over 30 points of articulation, retractable wrist blades and articulated shoulder cannon. It comes with 5 interchangeable hands, discs, combi sticks, and a skull.

Comes in special 5 panel window box packaging that activates a lightning effect when open.

Available in Walmart Stores on Thursday(7/23)* - $29.96 USD
Available online (US & International) through thenecastore.com on Thursday(7/23) - $34.99 USD
For more details, visit the NECA site: https://neca.io/2ZvJf4r

Predator-SDCC-2020-01.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-02.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-03.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-04.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-05.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-06.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-07.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-08.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-09.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-10.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-11.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-12.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-13.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-14.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-15.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-16.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-17.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-18.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-19.jpg

Predator-SDCC-2020-20.jpg

This figure looks awesome. Definitely will preorder him. 

On 7/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, abnuggler said:

I think they are diferent, since the water emergence is a figure based on the design of the predator from the first movie (I believe it was decoed to look like the scene where he's coming out of the lake and its partially invisible but there are glimpses of how he really looks like), and as far as I can tell the new City Demon one is based on the Predator from the Predator 2 movie (the scene where he's standing on a building out in a lightning storm that gives him that effect with his stealth tech) I believe they are different molds. This new one will probably just be a repainted in clear plastic with the electricity deco version of the Ultimate City Hunter (Demon) Predator which seem to be the best Predator neca has made based on the Predator 2 movie.

makes sense indeed, I believe you are correct if anything this is a re-deco of the City Hunter

it's super cool regardless, I think obviously most of the predators are re-decos of another, we can't expect much more and it's fine not to , there are only so many predators that are not liberal fantasy creations to draw influence from

• Like 1