Jump to content
JayC

NECA Provides Release Schedule For Target And Walmart TMNT Products - Says Working On Fixing Availability Problems

Recommended Posts

After last week's debacle with their Walmart exclusive TMNT Movie Casey Jones and Raphael In Disguise 2-pack sale, NECA has said they have heard the feedback from you and are actively working to improve things. Expect news in the coming weeks regarding our SDCC offerings and future TMNT availability online.

They have also put out this phase 1 release schedule for both their TMNT Target and Walmart products for in stores and online.

Cartoon Target Exclusive
-Wave 3 - 7/16, 8/6, 8/20
-Metalhead - 7/16
-Bebop And Rocksteady Restock - 9/3

SDCC Exclusive Items (Target Exclusive)
-Exclusive Figure Boxed Set - 7/23
-Exclusive Merchandise Bundle - 7/23

Movie Walmart Exclusive
-Casey & Raphel In Disq - 6/29
-Leonardo/Donatello - 7/6
-Michelangelo and Raphael - 7/6
-Super Shredder - 8/10

Arcade (Specialty Exclusives)
-Wave 2 - 7/14

While it's nice to have these release dates, the real fix for the problems collectors have had finding these items, is making sure the stores are stocking them in sufficient enough numbers. If the product is made readily available, then the scalpers won't buy them all up to try and resale them on the secondary market, because the demand will no longer be there for that. In other words they have to start shipping enough so they don't sell out in seconds, or require someone having to be there the moment they are put on shelves in order to get them. As much as we hope NECA is successful in accomplishing that, at this point we will believe it when we see it.

TMNT-Release-Schedule-Phase-1.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JayC said:
After last week's debacle with their Walmart exclusive TMNT Movie Casey Jones and Raphael In Disguise 2-pack sale, NECA has said they have heard the feedback from you and are actively working to improve things. Expect news in the coming weeks regarding our SDCC offerings and future TMNT availability online.

They have also put out this phase 1 release schedule for both their TMNT Target and Walmart products for in stores and online.

Cartoon Target Exclusive
-Wave 3 - 7/16, 8/6, 8/20
-Metalhead - 7/16
-Bebop And Rocksteady Restock - 9/3

SDCC Exclusive Items (Target Exclusive)
-Exclusive Figure Boxed Set - 7/23
-Exclusive Merchandise Bundle - 7/23

Movie Walmart Exclusive
-Casey & Raphel In Disq - 6/29
-Leonardo/Donatello - 7/6
-Michelangelo and Raphael - 7/6
-Super Shredder - 8/10

Arcade (Specialty Exclusives)
-Wave 2 - 7/14

While it's nice to have these release dates, the real fix for the problems collectors have had finding these items, is making sure the stores are stocking them in sufficient enough numbers. If the product is made readily available, then the scalpers won't buy them all up to try and resale them on the secondary market, because the demand will no longer be there for that. In other words they have to start shipping enough so they don't sell out in seconds, or require someone having to be there the moment they are put on shelves in order to get them. As much as we hope NECA is successful in accomplishing that, at this point we will believe it when we see it.

TMNT-Release-Schedule-Phase-1.jpg

Yeah, I think NECA has the best of intentions but I just don’t see it improving unless they do all of the following a) produce more, b) make sure these are properly distributed in stores nationwide (something these Big Retailers are constantly failing at) and c) have these thing available online as well on a regular basis.  Online availability has always been necessary in the 21st century but particularly in 2020 where many of us are sheltering in place and not able/willing to make toy runs for non essential items.  

And even if they figure out a better way to move forward and accomplish the above they really need to get more Bebop and Rocksteadys available and more Casey and Ralph’s for online

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the exclusives this year are going to be, I really hope these get to my country sometime soon cause Im still waiting for wave 2 of cartoon and Movie figures to hit the shelves here and the reveals keep piling on

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JayC said:
After last week's debacle with their Walmart exclusive TMNT Movie Casey Jones and Raphael In Disguise 2-pack sale, NECA has said they have heard the feedback from you and are actively working to improve things. Expect news in the coming weeks regarding our SDCC offerings and future TMNT availability online.

They have also put out this phase 1 release schedule for both their TMNT Target and Walmart products for in stores and online.

Cartoon Target Exclusive
-Wave 3 - 7/16, 8/6, 8/20
-Metalhead - 7/16
-Bebop And Rocksteady Restock - 9/3

SDCC Exclusive Items (Target Exclusive)
-Exclusive Figure Boxed Set - 7/23
-Exclusive Merchandise Bundle - 7/23

Movie Walmart Exclusive
-Casey & Raphel In Disq - 6/29
-Leonardo/Donatello - 7/6
-Michelangelo and Raphael - 7/6
-Super Shredder - 8/10

Arcade (Specialty Exclusives)
-Wave 2 - 7/14

While it's nice to have these release dates, the real fix for the problems collectors have had finding these items, is making sure the stores are stocking them in sufficient enough numbers. If the product is made readily available, then the scalpers won't buy them all up to try and resale them on the secondary market, because the demand will no longer be there for that. In other words they have to start shipping enough so they don't sell out in seconds, or require someone having to be there the moment they are put on shelves in order to get them. As much as we hope NECA is successful in accomplishing that, at this point we will believe it when we see it.

TMNT-Release-Schedule-Phase-1.jpg

Can I finally get the Bebop and Rocksteady set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Can I finally get the Bebop and Rocksteady set?

Amen.  Those figures need to get back out there again before I can get excited about any of these.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the best solution is to offer these up through some sort of pre-order ala Super7, that way you know that you'll get one for sure instead of on the day drops that sell out instantly. Or make these fan channel exclusives, this way there will be more places and more opportunities to get these.

NECA needs to take a different avenue here to get these in people's hands that want one, they don't want to upset their loyal fan base. A happy customer is a returning customer!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NECA will start revealing their 2020 SDCC exclusives starting next Tuesday (7/7) and throughout the week. They will also give the breakdown on retail availability for them. I believe a number of them will be released at Target and Walmart stores.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked into the second Wal Mart yesterday morning and found two Casey Jones two packs 

on the pegs. I picked one up and left the second for another collector. They're hitting stores only in number of two which I believe should be way more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JayC said:

NECA will start revealing their 2020 SDCC exclusives starting next Tuesday (7/7) and throughout the week. They will also give the breakdown on retail availability for them. I believe a number of them will be released at Target and Walmart stores.

Are they planning on doing all of their exclusives through big box retailers instead of their own website or is it just the turtles they are doing this way? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the effort on NECA's part with the schedule and everything but I have this nagging feeling that it won't help much in the long run. The Casey Jones/Ralph online debacle and the fact that it looks like the Walmarts are only getting 2 at a time doesn't inspire much confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I appreciate the effort on NECA's part with the schedule and everything but I have this nagging feeling that it won't help much in the long run. The Casey Jones/Ralph online debacle and the fact that it looks like the Walmarts are only getting 2 at a time doesn't inspire much confidence.

No, it won't help much.  The biggest thing NECA could do to remedy things would be to sell their own batches of these figures like Hasbro did when Amazon F'd up the pre-order for their Star Wars exclusives back in May.  But I doubt they're manufacturing stuff in the kind of numbers Hasbro does, so I doubt this will happen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope they find a good way to keep their product on shelves with more availability. I am not looking forward to hunting down super shredder, tokka and rahzar. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE