New TMNT CG Movie In The Works From Seth Rogen's Point Grey Pictures

JayC

Deadline reports that a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CG movie reboot is in the works for thw big screen from Seth Rogen's Point Grey Pictures.

Evan Goldberg and James Weaver producing, and Jeff Rowe (Gravity Falls, Connected) directing. Brendan O’Brian (Neighbors: Sorority Rising, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates) will write the screenplay. Paramount will be handling global distribution on the film.

This is the second time the Turtles have gotten the CG treatment on the big screen. The last time was from Warner Bros. back in 2007.

TMNT-CG-Re-Boot.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Well, they do tend to do more adult oriented content and not all of it is lame comedy... I think that this could turn out cool if they did it correctly... maybe they could even pull off a Deadpool like r-rated action comedy.

They could definetely hit a more adult vibe, after all the 1989 movie was sort of an adult oriented movie, then again at that time kids and parents werent as "concerned" with how adult oriented things would affect the children so the studios could get away with making Kid movies a little darker, I dont see that working today unless they really dont care and make it an adult oriented comedy from the get go.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lordtom said:

If they gear toward a more adult audience it would be great. But not in the sh**ty Sausage party sense, more in the WB animated movies sense. But going animated is best for TMNT, forget live action

I wouldn't diss Live-Action just yet with TMNT, the first 2 movies were decent and fun... the first one is truly outstanding. But since the third one, all 3 have been terrible.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lordtom said:

But not in the sh**ty Sausage party sense, more in the WB animated movies sense.

You act like there's a difference between the two. Both are made by deviant sickos who probably cruise for dates at grade schools. It was bad enough when people like this were why parents couldn't let their kids go out and play in the yard, now they can't even let 'em come in and watch cartoons!

• Thanks 1

As long as they stick to the formula that made the turtles great, the movie should be good. I personally loved the fox kids version, wow what a story. The CGI movie version kind of flew under the publics' radar and it was outstanding, the CGI was before its time. Seeing it by todays' standards, it still looks great. As long as they stay away from the inappropriate humor, the movie should do well in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mako said:

You act like there's a difference between the two. Both are made by deviant sickos who probably cruise for dates at grade schools. It was bad enough when people like this were why parents couldn't let their kids go out and play in the yard, now they can't even let 'em come in and watch cartoons!

Dafuq are you on about? What has WB animated film and Seth Rogen have to do with deviants? Put down the bong dude

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:39 PM, Raptorbandito said:

I think TMNT would lend it self quite well to an animated film if done correctly.  I loved what they did with Spiderman in the Spiderverse film.  Something with a similar sense of style and energy would be really welcome for the Turtles.

I agree, in fact that 2007 movie was a fun watch, It's currently been the best new TMNT movie experience we have gotten since the original trilogy ended

I really would just like them to try to give us something that would satisfy the old heads, and give a crack at a dark more adult oriented live action remake, but that wouldn't probably fly because it needs to be universally sell able, but hey look what they did with Deadpool, so I can dream right?

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:33 AM, lordtom said:

Dafuq are you on about? What has WB animated film and Seth Rogen have to do with deviants? Put down the bong dude

The sheer intelligence of your argument has won me over . . . DUDE🙄

I actually enjoyed their first cg movie minus the dumb new villains but overall they kept a good style to them. I would be open for a more comic accurate cg film where its a bit more mature but if they keep with the light hearted i would also be down with that as well. But one thing I would prefer is bringing in characters from their actual stories and not some brand new menace.. at least so homages to them. When I was a kid I always loved TMNT because theyd have a new mutated character added and as a kid I just loved seeing what they would think of next. As long as they dont go the route of the bay disasters in story and designs and cringe, I think it has potential. 

• Thanks 1