NECA's Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. Figure Final Packaging Images

JayC

NECA has released the final package images for their upcoming Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. 12" Head-to-tail 2003 Godzilla action figure which will start shipping out to retailers on July 13.

Godzilla-2003-Package-01.jpg

Godzilla-2003-Package-02.jpg

Godzilla-2003-Package-03.jpg

Godzilla-2003-Package-04.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good.  Moving it onto my “maybe list”

Quite a good looking Godzilla there, not exactly my most favorite Godzilla design but it looks nice to have.

I do hope however that NECA does get a chance to do the Final Wars Godzilla the one look i love the most.

So many good Godzilla figures from Neca right now, too many to keep track of, kind of overwhelming to the point I am not buying them. Also can we get some Kaiju that are not Godzilla at some point?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

For years many of us have been asking exactly that, but ToHo did not allow it, Rodan and Mothra from KoTM will be for the moment the only kaiju that will accompany the Neca Godzillas.

well that's a bummer to hear, I was holding hope we'd see a Deluxe Biolante and Ghidorah, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Baragon, King Caesar, Gigan and Hedorah at least... guess I gotta curb that

12 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It really is. Neca would have done something great with the license if it weren't for all the restrictions that ToHo applied to them. Although in the case of the King Ghidora from KoTM it is speculated it was Neca itself who decided not to make the figure because of the high production costs.

I don't really understand that on Neca's part, I think the demand for a deluxe Ghidora would be there, and collectors would surely shuck out 80 bucks for a figure that scaled with the KoTM Godzilla, I know I would, all of the Godzilla collectors would I'd imagine adore a Neca Ghidora figure and We'd pay the price because it would be huge

seems like a lame play on Neca's part all for production costs, because it would surely sell

18 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Indeed, their Alien Queen is a proof of that. Another rumor is that Neca was offered the license to make figures based on the MUTO couple from the 2014 movie, but Neca turned them down. Neca also proposed a Hanna-Barbera Godzilla, a Marvel Comics Godzilla and a Ghost Godzilla from an scrapped film, but ToHo said no again, so yeah, they didn't have much to work with, now the line will go into a temporary hiatus and who knows what we'll see later.

yeah I guess really it's as you say less on Neca, and more on ToHo in the end for what can and cannot happened , I mean one shouldn't complain that at least we are getting some great looking Zilla figures for a good price point, but it's to bad Neca couldn't have free reign

• 2 weeks later...