New 6" G.I. Joe Classified Movie Figures Revealed?

JayC

Back in March we told you about listings that had shown up online that indicated Hasbro's second wave of 6" G.I. Joe: Classified figures would include 3 non-movie figures and 3 movie figures.

Last week Hasbro officially revealed that the three non-movie figures for the wave would be Gung-Ho, Red Ninja Viper and Dark Blue Cobra Commander. Note the Profit Director Destro is a Fan-Channel exclusive so it's not part of the regular wave. The same goes for the Cobra Commander Regal Variant and Arctic Mission Storm Shadow figures. They are both exclusives and not part of a regular wave.

Now thanks to the overseas retailer HobbyBase, we may have word on what the three movie-based figures for wave 2 will be. Along with the new figures revealed last week, they are listing three movie figures being released in the line for Beach Head, Roadblock and Cobra Trooper.

The are also listing some kind of movie based figure with motorcycle. We have recently seen a similar listing show up in the Target store systems, though at Target it wasn't listed as a movie item.

If the HobbyBase listings are accurate, it's unclear if these will be figures based on the upcoming Snake-Eyes movie or if they will be based on older G.I. Joe movies. The going assumption would be for the new movie, but the character choices do seem a little odd for a Snake-Eyes origins story. Only time will tell and of course we are treating these as rumors until we get some type of further confirmation from either Hasbro or other reliable sources. Stay-tuned for more details as they become available.

GIJoe-Movie-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

It seems odd that these would be the first movie based figures released.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mako said:

Even more so, as none of them are Snake Eyes . . . the TITLE CHARACTER.

Exactly.  No Snake Eyes makes me think this is either incorrect info or maybe Hasbro has reconfigured their case assortments in anticipation of the release date shifting.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I could be wrong, but I dont think any of these characters are in the upcoming movie. Roadblock and the Cobra trooper could be from retaliation, I'm not sure what Beachhead is from?

This is pure speculation, but with the way the Hollywood takes it's liberties with characters and their origins I'm willing to bet Beachhead is probably Snake Eyes' alter ego in some sort of origin story before he becomes Snake Eyes therefore involved in the new movie. Like I said, pure speculation.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Exactly.  No Snake Eyes makes me think this is either incorrect info or maybe Hasbro has reconfigured their case assortments in anticipation of the release date shifting.  

Im not up to date on the "new" release date for the Snake Eyes movie but Ive been thinking the exact same thing, I think hasbro realized they couldnt put the move figures in the wave since the movie was going to be pushed back so they decided to reconfigure the wave with other non movie figures they had in the pipeline or maybe just redecoed ones, its no surprise that out of the 3 figures they have shown, 2 figures are pretty much repaints with new accesories and new heads (red ninja is a repainted snake eyes mold with new head and new chest overlay and belt, where as gung ho is just a repainted roadblock with a new vest and head, as for the new 3 maybe they had plans for the cobra trooper and beaach head from the start and since roadblock seems to be the least popular figure in wave 1 they could easily just repack that one with stock that hasnt been sold, maybe just give the figure a slightly different deco

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abnuggler said:

Im not up to date on the "new" release date for the Snake Eyes movie but Ive been thinking the exact same thing, I think hasbro realized they couldnt put the move figures in the wave since the movie was going to be pushed back so they decided to reconfigure the wave with other non movie figures they had in the pipeline or maybe just redecoed ones, its no surprise that out of the 3 figures they have shown, 2 figures are pretty much repaints with new accesories and new heads (red ninja is a repainted snake eyes mold with new head and new chest overlay and belt, where as gung ho is just a repainted roadblock with a new vest and head, as for the new 3 maybe they had plans for the cobra trooper and beaach head from the start and since roadblock seems to be the least popular figure in wave 1 they could easily just repack that one with stock that hasnt been sold, maybe just give the figure a slightly different deco

Interesting point of view...

• Thanks 1

haha love how some people are going nuts on the pricing.. ye do realize other countries use the $ too and they don't hold the same value as the USD $ so what could be $200 in one country could only be $100 in the US . try collecting figures in Europe ! Marvel legends over here run in at €30 that is $33USD basic figure which is way more then what ye in the US had been paying before (did see some places like GS have jacked up the prices to $30) . in any case I will welcome more army builders the cobra trooper is a must. just wonder how many re-used parts it will have .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a thought. Didn't Hasbro already announce they'd be doing a 6" kid's toy line based on the movie, a toy line with vehicles? Hasbro has been known to occasionally feature characters who while not actually in the film, were "inspired" by it in these kiddie lines. Maybe what we're seeing are figures from that kiddie line?