Sgt. Slaughter Joins Action Force With New 6" Action Figure

JayC

On 7/18/2020 at 4:19 AM, daveysockrocker said:

Luckily I picked up the WWE Basic Series 69 Sgt Slaughter because his costume is exactly the same as from GI Joe, and have just been hanging onto it for years, in the hope we got 1601206052_ScreenShot2020-07-18at1_17_53AM.thumb.png.f1337d90b21220402e618eaf2f583980.png6 inch GI Joes someday. Patience pays off sometimes. 😆

Yeah that figure is too short to display alongside the other wwe elites (sarge is supposed to be 6'7") so had to upgrade to the hall of fame sarge for my wwe display. 

So it was pretty cool when classified line started and i saw that the basic sarge fits in perfectly scale-wise with them. So have him right next to snake eyes, I love it.

20210613_100440.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

He looks good. I'd love to see him next to some classified figures.

Yeah same, I'm tempted to grab this, it does look cool, the Valaverse figures are really cool I think they'd look excellent with Joes, might be a good thing to get into.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:31 PM, PatoArmenta said:

Now THIS is a line worth collecting. Screw GI Joe Classified.

Or get them both. GI Joe Classified has finally found it's way and it's getting easier to find exclusives. I found 2 Bludds over the weekend and the Pulse order arrived. Vala's AF line is nice (although the villains are kind of lame) but he's not so nice. He's unprofessional and kind of a jackass. There's no need for him to bad mouth the other companies the way he does (specifically Hasbro, Super7, and Boss Fight Studios), and if he wants me to plop down $400 to buy his first wave of figures that he's using GI Joe Classified to help sell (he has an Unclassified accessory set to help make Gung Ho more accurate to the show for example), then he needs to cut that crap out and be a good sport about it. Otherwise, screw Action Force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, obs said:

Or get them both. GI Joe Classified has finally found it's way and it's getting easier to find exclusives. I found 2 Bludds over the weekend and the Pulse order arrived. Vala's AF line is nice (although the villains are kind of lame) but he's not so nice. He's unprofessional and kind of a jackass. There's no need for him to bad mouth the other companies the way he does (specifically Hasbro, Super7, and Boss Fight Studios), and if he wants me to plop down $400 to buy his first wave of figures that he's using GI Joe Classified to help sell (he has an Unclassified accessory set to help make Gung Ho more accurate to the show for example), then he needs to cut that crap out and be a good sport about it. Otherwise, screw Action Force.

I backed the Action Force line, and I’m still excited for it, but I completely agree. I mostly avoid reading any of Vala’s posts unless they are specifically about updates to the Kickstarter. The stuff he writes is whiney, angry, and just basically makes him seems like a mean spirited jerk who attacks any line that isn’t his. 

Never once have I read something from one of the Marauder team bad mouthing the actual Joe line. They just put their money where their mouth is and make the best product they can. If people like it then they win. Vala could learn a big lesson there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, glhshelby said:

I backed the Action Force line, and I’m still excited for it, but I completely agree. I mostly avoid reading any of Vala’s posts unless they are specifically about updates to the Kickstarter. The stuff he writes is whiney, angry, and just basically makes him seems like a mean spirited jerk who attacks any line that isn’t his. 

Are you able to quote some of his comments please... I not see much of him since he was at some YouTube shows like Retro blasting, Angry Mike and he was not too kind about the Joe's future...

On 6/13/2021 at 11:44 PM, obs said:

Not a chance, I've been burned too many times. I really don't understand you saying they're finding their way when they keep pumping out more Target exclusives. Now I don't know about you but I live in California and I have three Targets near my area and none of them have any JOE figures. Add to that the ridiculousness that is Hasbro Pulse, charging customers for early access and even those people aren't able to get the figures. Just trash.

Hasbro had to know this would be a popular line so I don't get why they don't just give collectors what they want. I love the hobby but I can't afford to:

a) Pay outrageous prices on the secondary market (Beach head anybody?).

b) Spend a ridiculous amount of time tracking the figures online. Not everybody gets to log in at a certain time to be able to buy the figures before they sell out on the Hasbro/Target website.

I don't really know what the dude from Valaverse has been saying lately but I do know he has the intention of delivering easy to get action figures and that's all that matters to me.

Edited by PatoArmenta
Misspelling
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, DrLava said:

is he now? cause not a single figure from this line has been released yet. so how can you tell what the quality is?

That's true. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The point is I have no problem dropping whatever line is not making it fun for collectors to enjoy the hobby and I do think the reason companies like Hasbro get away with it is because most collectors are willing to bend the knee to whatever the circumstances are just to get their desired figures. Are you one of those collectors who are willing to pay the price of a full wave just to get an exclusive figure on the secondary market? If you are, I don't see why it would surprise you that another "sibling" line exists and is trying to fulfil the wishes of collectors.

And hey, if the figures from AF turn to be crap, I'll also be calling them up for it. Right now the ball is on their court, let's see what kind of product they can deliver.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Many GI Joe fans aren't very kind or optimistic about the future of the line either, I can understand them, despite this, Bobby Vala does not look good as an entrepreneur speaking pests about other manufacturers or lines, especially about Classified when it is more than evident that he wants to make a profit, sell his AF line on the back of Classified.

Yeah, and that's one of the reasons I stopped watching some Joes podcast (Another Joe Podcast), because they just started bashing GI Joe/Hasbro and making Bobby the know it all about the line... 

• Like 1

Wasn't his whole pitch with this line that Hasbro was NEVER going to make a 6 inch line? I seem to recall a lot of chest puffing in regards to that. Of course, before this was even past the early stages Hasbro already had a 6 inch line in stores (well sorta) and the entire focus of this line had to be shifted to being a compatible line, moreso than a replacement.

Too much of the Joe community can be toxic, moreso than any of the other communities, which all have certain levels of toxicity in them. That said, I'm all in for Sarge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The folks at Valaverse have posted an image via Dave Proctor of their upcoming 6" Action Force Sgt. Slaughter figure going up against some of the new Hasbro 6" G.I. Joe Classified B.A.T. figures. The Sgt. Slaughter figure is available at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com and currently listed with a release for sometime this month. The B.A.T.s saw a limited release at Walmart and has been showing up overseas, but we still await Hasbro to make them available for pre-order everywhere.

The image is a nice nod to Sgt. Slaughter's first appearance in the 80's G.I. Joe cartoon where he pretty much single handedly fought off a battalion of B.A.T.s saving the rest of the G.I. Joe team in the Arise Serpentor Arise 5-parter.

IMG_2142__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

You really have to realize how hard it is for an independent person to try to break into a community competing with the likes of Hasbro and trying to survive let alone prosper. I give it up to the guy, his figures look good and hes doing his best to get people what they want. Supply chains be damned but at least he hasnt given up. Let's see where this goes and what it can do. I think the Sgt here looks awesome.

14 hours ago, DiscoCougar said:

If Bobby wasn't such an a*hole and had any actual PR skills, I would support his line. But he has a big mouth, and he talks way too much smack about his "competition" and to any potential customers of his alike.

Shame.

Yep, I like Sgt. Slaughter but I can't put in my mind the idea of giving my money to such an arrogant personality like Mr. Vala have...👎

I would recommend people should quit basing their decisions of whether to buy something based on their opinions of the people making the stuff and more on the actual product they make. I can tell you from my own personal experiences with people in this industry that there plenty of aholes in this business even if they don't appear that way on social media or the 5 minutes you might see when you see them at a con or such. There are cool people to, but unless they are doing something illegal or such I dont see why that should really factor into your purchasing decision, lol and if it did you probably wouldn't be buying much.

• Thanks 1