Sgt. Slaughter Joins Action Force With New 6" Action Figure

JayC

If you have been looking to add a Sgt. Slaughter figure to your new G.I. Joe: Classified collection, well Valaverse has the next best thing for you. The ol' Sarge is joining Action Force with a new 1:12 scale Action Force Sgt Slaughter figure. It will feature 36 points of articulation as well as multiple accessories and a display stand. The figure is currently available for pre-order on CrowdOx, and will ship in early 2021 with the rest of Action Force Series One.

You have to create an account, pledge on on of the levels that has a $32 figure, then when you continue, you get to choose who you want, Slaughter is at the very bottom.

Check out this video of Sgt. Slaughter himself announcing his joining the Action Force team and check out images of the figure below.

Sarge_1.jpg

Sarge_2.jpg

Sarge_3.jpg

Slaughter_1.jpg

Slaughter_2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  Does this imply he no longer has an active WWE Legends contract or is this a case where similar to SDCC/JoeCon exclusives he’s allowed to do this since it’s not a standard retail release? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

I wonder if this means we won't be getting Sarge in GI Joe Classified.

Im wondering the same thing, we'll have to see how this figure stacks up next to Gi-Joe Classified figures.

• Thanks 1

Nice, but I'll stick with my WWE Basic Sarge. It's obviously a little lacking articulation-wise, but the scale is close enough to 1/12th that it can be fudged in, and it looks like it could've popped right out of the cartoon.

This is a great figure though.

• Thanks 1

Great addition to an interesting line of figures. I am tempted to jump in on this line just wish I knew more about the company making them. Sorry if their is a lot of info on them but I just started following them on Instagram yesterday and found them on bigbadtoystore shorty after

• Thanks 1

BBTS order is placed.  Who knows if there will ever be an official Slaughter figure in the Classified line or not some day but even if there is I’m sure that one would be noticeably different enough to where I would be glad I own both.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

So, I supose Boby Vala acquired the image and name rights for him or is it an unlicensed item?, and what about his version of the Steel Brigade?, I highly doubt Hasbro has sold him the license.

cdad2df2-4c4e-4b8b-9748-d7c4eff67c6e.jpg

I think for Steel Brigade that once Hasbro let the copywrite expire Vala picked it up.  And Slaughter is clearly being licensed officially through Slaughter himself seeing as he is active in the promotion of it

On 6/30/2020 at 8:35 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Got it, I didn't know anything about all that licensing stuff, so I guess everything is fine, as for the Steel Brigade I guess we will have it in Classified anyway sooner or later, for now this one is a good complement.

When they do in fact let the trademark expire and someone else picks it up that means they won’t be able to use that trademark again until the party who picks it up let’s it also let’s it expire.  There are ways around this like simply changing the characters name to something else that doesn’t violate the other parties trademark but what this likely means is either we won’t see Steel Brigade from Hasbro for awhile or when it does come out the figure will be called something else.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

Luckily I picked up the WWE Basic Series 69 Sgt Slaughter because his costume is exactly the same as from GI Joe, and have just been hanging onto it for years, in the hope we got 1601206052_ScreenShot2020-07-18at1_17_53AM.thumb.png.f1337d90b21220402e618eaf2f583980.png6 inch GI Joes someday. Patience pays off sometimes. 😆

Same here. Just wish I had thought of it when they released the earlier Elite version of the figure.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

Luckily I picked up the WWE Basic Series 69 Sgt Slaughter because his costume is exactly the same as from GI Joe, and have just been hanging onto it for years, in the hope we got 1601206052_ScreenShot2020-07-18at1_17_53AM.thumb.png.f1337d90b21220402e618eaf2f583980.png6 inch GI Joes someday. Patience pays off sometimes. 😆

Good for you!  Patience pays off for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:01 AM, InspectorZartan said:

When they do in fact let the trademark expire and someone else picks it up that means they won’t be able to use that trademark again until the party who picks it up let’s it also let’s it expire.  There are ways around this like simply changing the characters name to something else that doesn’t violate the other parties trademark but what this likely means is either we won’t see Steel Brigade from Hasbro for awhile or when it does come out the figure will be called something else.  

They can just rename it "Steel Battalion".  

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, JayC said:
The folks at Valaverse have posted an image giving us an updated look at their new 6" Action Force Sgt. Slaughter Figure. The figure is slated for release in July and still available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Valaverse-Sgt-Slaughter.jpg

Looks good...👍😃